Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We won 1 out of 8 games against Cove and Hamilton last season 

Won 1, drew 2 and lost 1 against the league champions 

No point getting into it - very rarely works out as simple as that 

Agree with this. Every game should be treated the same, and not targetting any particular teams, especially at this time of the season

53 minutes ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Also two trialists played aswell wonder if they have something to do with first team one was a keepr 

I take it that the under 18 academy team is a different team from our reserve team,a Dundee fan said this morning that Dundee played their Academy side,it a bit confusing ,

I think @Chapelhall chap mentioned this at the weekend but it’s a great stat. The Montrose one is probably the best given the conditions but I think the Motherwell one will always be my favourite, as I didn’t expect it at all. 

Is there another player with a higher great goal ratio? Maybe Darren Smith, who bizarrely scored a brilliant free-kick against Dunfermline and did nothing else. 

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

I think @Chapelhall chap mentioned this at the weekend but it’s a great stat. The Montrose one is probably the best given the conditions but I think the Motherwell one will always be my favourite, as I didn’t expect it at all. 

Is there another player with a higher great goal ratio? Maybe Darren Smith, who bizarrely scored a brilliant free-kick against Dunfermline and did nothing else. 

I did indeed mention it but it was my club archivist car sharer who told me. Has Rhys ever scored with a headed goal? Watched the club highlights package and I'd go for the Montrose one. 

4 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

I take it that the under 18 academy team is a different team from our reserve team,a Dundee fan said this morning that Dundee played their Academy side,it a bit confusing ,

There is some crossover between the teams. Looking at the team v Dundee I’m sure Edwards, Watt, Hobbs, Thomson x2, Rowley and O’Brien are all also part of the U18s side. As is Liam Prunty who played for the reserves v Livi. Obviously Watson, Telfer, Hutton and Dunlop are first team squad members. Not sure if Fellows, Spalding, Brown and Kavanagh are all still eligible for the U18s as well. 

2 hours ago, airdrieman said:

There is some crossover between the teams. Looking at the team v Dundee I’m sure Edwards, Watt, Hobbs, Thomson x2, Rowley and O’Brien are all also part of the U18s side. As is Liam Prunty who played for the reserves v Livi. Obviously Watson, Telfer, Hutton and Dunlop are first team squad members. Not sure if Fellows, Spalding, Brown and Kavanagh are all still eligible for the U18s as well. 

Thanks that's bit clearer ,

15 hours ago, airdrieman said:

A think there too old now think Brown played last weekend unless there’s another one with the same name wonder where Gunn has went tho hopefully just injured cause he looked to be the most impressive one