Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

20 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I see it’s Rangers B away in the cup then. See the picture above for my thoughts.

Hopefully a comfortable Airdrieonians demolition of the bigoted fucks in front of a suitably sparse crowd. Looks like it'll be a midweek rearranged date to accommodate those c***s too.

2 hours ago, Diamonds02 said:

Tbf I would like to see mcstravick left wing just to see how it goes, although I feel like maybe his pace is more across 10 yards than any sort of distance

Has to improve the defending bit of that role. Lewis has come on leaps and bounds in that role while mcstravick was exposed easily at the first University of Stirling goal. 

2 hours ago, Diamonds02 said:

Tbf I would like to see mcstravick left wing just to see how it goes, although I feel like maybe his pace is more across 10 yards than any sort of distance

Was McStravick not described as a winger when he signed? Looks like the plan is to play him in the middle, which I’m happy with based on his performance at Tannadice, but he might be worth a go out there at some point. That being said, for his faults and inconsistencies, McGregor is getting better. Both in terms of work-rate and end product/goal involvement. 

On 24/09/2023 at 08:47, GoalForAirdrie said:

League 1 curse broken. League cup group stage curse broken. Thistle curse broken. Raith curse broken. What’s next?!

Me winning the Club1924 draw. 

In all seriousness, it’d be nice to beat Dunfermline. Still raging about those two home results against them last season. 

On 26/09/2023 at 12:20, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Contracts up in January aswell am pretty sure

Transfermrkt has it up May 2024 although it may not be accurate of course.

Guy certainly has ability and I would imagine there will be quite a few clubs looking at him.

Another positive that hasn't been picked up on is our impressive increase on the home support..

Under Bollan,  EWB and for most of Murray's tenure our home support was between 650 and 800 max I would say,  since Rhys has came in a steady increase due no doubt to word of mouth due to winning games and scoring goals,  bringing the feel good factor back,  culminating in this season with probably 1200 maybe slightly more home fans coming to the games, a rough 70 percent increase.   That's decent and the club deserves credit for this , we have came a long way from sub 500 crowds on boxing Day, that we had a good few years back.

What is our ceiling home crowd wise though,  IMO not much more than we have..

We will never get the crowds of Dunfermline,  Partick etc

11 hours ago, Mr November said:

I see Inverness are appointing a familiar face as their new assistant manager in Gary Bollan. Throwback to the time he had an argument with Bilel Mohsni

9698B6E6-DF38-4472-90C1-847F04437F16.thumb.webp.a01737aed10d3b5491bbd78d1c4c9e86.webp

The only highlight of playing Rangers in the lower leagues was the fans singing to Moshni 'you're just a cheap Amoruso!!'

8 hours ago, Passionate said:

Another positive that hasn't been picked up on is our impressive increase on the home support..

Under Bollan,  EWB and for most of Murray's tenure our home support was between 650 and 800 max I would say,  since Rhys has came in a steady increase due no doubt to word of mouth due to winning games and scoring goals,  bringing the feel good factor back,  culminating in this season with probably 1200 maybe slightly more home fans coming to the games, a rough 70 percent increase.   That's decent and the club deserves credit for this , we have came a long way from sub 500 crowds on boxing Day, that we had a good few years back.

What is our ceiling home crowd wise though,  IMO not much more than we have..

We will never get the crowds of Dunfermline,  Partick etc

That would be very impressive, there is no doubt that this is the most positivity there has been around the club for many years so great that crowds are responding accordingly, especially if the increase can be attributed to home support rather than more away fans

10 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

They don't ! They play mainly friendlies at the training ground or sometimes a "big team" at Ibrox but they were allowed to put a team into this cup presumably by the SPFL. Rubbish.

Something wrong with that but that's Scottish bosses for you ,

Any murmurs of last minute loan players coming in?

Goalie? A position which has become an integral part of the way we play with Josh as the sweeper keeper but not many keepers would be comfortable with this style.

Despite being one of my all time favourites, this would not have suited our legendary keeper with the pink and shrivelled!