Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

Ricki Lamie was announced in January/February as signing a pre contract with us. Like the last time, however, when he signed an extension with Motherwell after we got relegated, there's a lot of doubt over whether he's returning but this time its been our choice allegedly. He's been training with you according to the rumours and innuendo as he lives near you. No idea what's happening but there's a wee rumour for you lads to chew on.

@capt_oats I'm sure can confirm if he's definitely no longer a Motherwell player.

All a bit strange.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ricki Lamie was announced in January/February as signing a pre contract with us. Like the last time, however, when he signed an extension with Motherwell after we got relegated, there's a lot of doubt over whether he's returning but this time its been our choice allegedly. He's been training with you according to the rumours and innuendo as he lives near you. No idea what's happening but there's a wee rumour for you lads to chew on.

@capt_oats I'm sure can confirm if he's definitely no longer a Motherwell player.

All a bit strange.

Looking forward to St Johnstone announcing him tomorrow.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

All a bit strange.

Actually would be a decent signing for us given how young a squad we have and, well at least was, a 15 min drive from Harthill to Airdrie. Seems a long time ago he played with us but still only 31 but of course the wages would be an issue.

On 21/06/2024 at 14:12, ShaggerG said:

I recognise a few faces but can only put names to 3: Jim Black, Willie McGuire and Derek Whiteford. Any ideas for the rest?

Davie McWilliams is the beardy goalie. The late Willie McCulloch two along from him on his left. Mark Cowan behind McCulloch’s right shoulder. Think that’s Kevin McCann kneeling on the left of the front row? Paul Jonquin must be in there too, but I can’t quite make him out. Might be him on McCulloch’s left? Looks like a young Sandy Clark 4 along the front row. And John Menzies 8th along the back row. Will need to phone a friend @Chapelhall chap for the rest! 

IMG_6179.jpeg

Edited by airdrieman

2 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Davie McWilliams is the beardy goalie. The late Willie McCulloch two along from him on his left. Mark Cowan behind McCulloch’s right shoulder. Think that’s Kevin McCann kneeling on the left of the front row? Paul Jonquin must be in there too, but I can’t quite make him out. Might be him on McCulloch’s left? Looks like a young Sandy Clark 4 along the front row. And John Menzies 8th along the back row. Will need to phone a friend @Chapelhall chap for the rest! 

IMG_6179.jpeg

Cheers mate. I think you're right with Clark too.