Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

4 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

1 year deal for Telfer at County.

GRt0x0cWcAA6ILx?format=jpg&name=small

4 hours ago, Mr November said:

Fair play to him, it seemed like the East Kilbride trajectory was a real possibility for him when he left Falkirk and it’s strange to think back to him not even being part of our best 11 in the promotion winning season. Outstanding last season and merits a move upwards. It’ll be interesting to see whether last season was a fluke or if he’s able to repeat those standards, which he’s never really done throughout his career.

That’s exactly how County see it.  We had Kyle Turner who just completely buckled at the higher level and we had to pay a significant amount to release him.  Telfer, judging by his interview, seems an altogether more sensible character.  If he’s not getting a game by Christmas, we can “mutually” him.  If he’s starting every week we can extend him.  

I hate our moves so far, but there’s really nothing to lose for either party here.  

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That’s exactly how County see it.  We had Kyle Turner who just completely buckled at the higher level and we had to pay a significant amount to release him.  Telfer, judging by his interview, seems an altogether more sensible character.  If he’s not getting a game by Christmas, we can “mutually” him.  If he’s starting every week we can extend him.  

I hate our moves so far, but there’s really nothing to lose for either party here.  

Certainly better there than a team in our league,had a good season for us,wish him all the best,

21 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Good footballer is Charlie but personally I would prefer Turner.

13 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

13 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Apart from the COVID season when Turner was unplayable when watching on the stream,  has he kicked his own arse since..

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Apart from the COVID season when Turner was unplayable when watching on the stream,  has he kicked his own arse since..

Got the move to County so must have been pretty decent for Thistle and they seem delighted to have him back. I thought he was Raith's best player against Thistle in the play off semi as well.

Well done Telfer for getting a move to the top flight, when he joined us I doubt many would have thought he would have had another shot at that level and others have said, good that we don't have to face him next season. You get a sense how good the team from last season was looking at where they are ending up, that's two now in the top flight and at least one at the team second in the championship last season (possibly two if Gabby ends up at Raith as well). 

Elliot Dunlop is away on loan to Stranraer for the season. Seems a sensible move, very unlikely to get much game time for us with the midfield options ahead of him, and it looking like we won’t be playing with natural wingers again, so good for everyone to allow him to play more regularly under a manager McCabe knows well.

Elliott Dunlop away on loan to Stranraer. Makes sense, no chance he was breaking into the first t am this season either. Could have done without whatever wages he's on being in the books this year but he's clearly been in a two year deal.

Great new kit - had a succession of really good kits lately but think this is defo one of the best for a long time.   I always liked the larger diamond from the 70s and 80s and together with red shorts and the gold retro badging I think it looks superb.   Its had a bit of thought put into it and manages to give a nod to the past whilst still being modern - two great efforts from the club this season.     And its ready before the start of the season! 

4 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Big fan of the new home strip, even with the sponsor going through the diamond I love the yellow badge.

It's very unlike Airdrie to be as organised as this in the close season, we are pretty much a centre half and an away kit away from being sorted and it's not even the League Cup yet

At this rate someone will have even dug out the rocky the rooster costume in time for the first league game.

3 hours ago, Passionate said:

Trying too hard for the new kit,   last year's design was far better..   sponsors logo through the diamond mmhhh,  if it was so 80s bring back the white shorts, red socks combo....

I really like the new top but agree would have preferred it with white shorts to be more like the 80s kits, and kept the red shorts for the 3rd strip

3 hours ago, CJB said:

Also loved seeing Tom Black and John Flood in the 80s video clips  - two of my very first favourites.   Throw in Henry Templeton and Davie McCabe and would be awesome

Haha you're 45ish aren't you? I could have written this.