Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

22 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

And requires an operation! (Aidan Wilson)

That’s far from ideal. Obviously these things can’t helped, and Fordyce is also injured at Raith, but you do miss his experience and reliability. 

Similarly, I heard McMaster could be out for a few months.

6 minutes ago, Mr November said:

That’s far from ideal. Obviously these things can’t helped, and Fordyce is also injured at Raith, but you do miss his experience and reliability. 

Be interesting to see who plays that role tomorrow with the manager missing also.

2 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Be interesting to see who plays that role tomorrow with the manager missing also.

I thought Gavin Gallagher did fairly well given the circumstances last week, would probably go with him and Armstrong as a two.

4 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I thought Gavin Gallagher did fairly well given the circumstances last week, would probably go with him and Armstrong as a two.

Armstrong could do it but he would be a miss further forward but yeh maybe the chance Gallagher is waiting for. 

In fairness we've got pretty lucky with injuries the last few of seasons. We've obviously had the odd player missing chunks of seasons but it's never been multiple key starters at once. In Murray's last season and the promotion season we had pretty much our best 11 most weeks. Last season Ballantyne and McGill missed chunks but with Megwa and Hancock available Ballantyne wasn't a major loss and McGill wasn't a great loss either. Rae getting injured in both previous seasons was probably the only one that threatened to seriously affect our season.

The likes of Arbroath and Dunfermline had their seasons ruined last year by injuries and other clubs also had pretty big injury lists. Guess it's one of those things that just comes around eventually, will be a real test for McCabe that he's never had to deal with before.

INTRODUCING THE RELAUNCHED BROOMFIELD BULLETIN. 

Sign up today to receive the first and all future editions of the newly relaunched Broomfield Bulletin. Issue 1 contains articles on the opening game at Broomfield, profiles on Jimmy Boyle and Airdrie’s Olympian, our recent head-to-head v Queen’s Park (spoiler alert - Saturday’s game will be 1-1), trivia and the goings-on in the Championship and transfer window. 

Subscribe for free, with only your email address, and you will receive our first and every following issue at 8am on game day in your inbox (remember also to check your junk folder). All feedback, suggestions and corrections are welcome. Thank you for your support. ♦️

https://wisemensay.substack.com/?utm_campaign=pub-share-checklist

3 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Obviously he has a real good pedigree with Chelsea and international youth caps for England & Jamaica and ultimately he may well turn out to be a cut above this level. Hopefully fit enough to do himself justice as he's hardly played any football in the last 6 months due to injury, granted he has started Stoke's U21's games this season.

Delighted to get the lad in, hopefully he can get registered on time,  it looks him and Sam Graham will be our CB partnership for the foreseeable future who could have guessed that 2 weeks ago...

The loan market must be so frustrating for managers it looks to have a bit of spinning plates about it,   The lad  Graham from Dundee was nearly a done deal going by many on here, that never happened and we picked up Luke, who we have been trying to get for a fortnight he says...    Was Luke the loanee from down south that was touted about 3 weeks ago......

Also according to a Morton fan on the Raith thread,  they thought they had Lewis Jamieson on a done deal on Tuesday, apparently ourselves and Raith were also interested,,   he picked Raith....

2 hours ago, Mr November said:

Remember McMaster missed a chunk of preseason with a knee injury,   since he came back to me he has struggled in most games,   that's him out don't know if it's the same injury or not..

46 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Remember McMaster missed a chunk of preseason with a knee injury,   since he came back to me he has struggled in most games,   that's him out don't know if it's the same injury or not..

There was the injury to Rae as well but I think @Diamonds are Forevermakes a good point, we have been fairly lucky with injuries compared to Morton, Dunfermline and Arbroath last year. 

6 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Sign up today to receive the first and all future editions of the newly relaunched Broomfield Bulletin. Issue 1 contains articles on the opening game at Broomfield, profiles on Jimmy Boyle and Airdrie’s Olympian, our recent head-to-head v Queen’s Park (spoiler alert - Saturday’s game will be 1-1), trivia and the goings-on in the Championship and transfer window. 

Subscribe for free, with only your email address, and you will receive our first and every following issue at 8am on game day in your inbox (remember also to check your junk folder). All feedback, suggestions and corrections are welcome. Thank you for your support. ♦️

Well done and subscribed.

4 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Well done and subscribed.

Same,   Good informative read,   looking forward to future issues..

PS.   I hope ALL supporters get behind this, as all these publications take a helluva lot of time and effort to produce with no financial gain...

Well done...

13 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Subscription added.    

Very enjoyable read.   Looking forward to seeing more. 

13 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Subscribed, great work

13 hours ago, moses1924 said:

There was the injury to Rae as well but I think @Diamonds are Forevermakes a good point, we have been fairly lucky with injuries compared to Morton, Dunfermline and Arbroath last year. 

13 hours ago, moses1924 said:

Wilson being out man out,injured players names start with Mac,at the moment anyway ,

11 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Looks like a back four today if my eyes are not deceiving me.

I think so. 4-2-3-1 with Armstrong and Gallagher sitting a bit deeper, Frizzell in between McGrattan and Agyemang. I’d have been tempted to start Mochrie today but hard to argue with that team too much given the options at the moment.

9 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Genuinely baffling. Get McCabe to f**k. Team is an absolute shambles 

He needs to play a system that fits his players at his disposal,     If Rhys plays he dictates the tempo, nobody else can do it,    Wilson is wasted in this team at present, 

Personally I would get Reid on,  if you don't put on a 2 Nd striker at this stage,  give the lad a chance ffs