Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

Saw a few posts about letting Todorov go so just had a look at his minutes every week for Hamilton and there is no one that will convince me he didn’t have the idea of going somewhere for more money and the game time “excuse” was just an easy get out. He clearly wasn’t wanting to stay and I have no issue with him being released I’m just hoping we can get another front man in before the weekend. 

IMG_7111.jpeg

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

To be honest, I don't...

Rocky is the man for this methinks..

Hearts have been mentioned and we have apparently knocked back a mystery £200k bid for him. 

Be interesting as you have a lot of rumours flying about just now and a lot of interest and approaches made.

wait and see if anything concrete surfaces as the week progresses. 

1 hour ago, Rocky Rooster AFC said:

Hearts have been mentioned and we have apparently knocked back a mystery £200k bid for him. 

Be interesting as you have a lot of rumours flying about just now and a lot of interest and approaches made.

wait and see if anything concrete surfaces as the week progresses. 

Aye,heard that at game on Sat ,

5 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

Has McCabe played a full 90 since getting injured in the Challenge Cup final? 

I'm pretty sure that he played the full 90 during the Aberdeen game at centre back, can't remember him subbing himself off that game. 

6 hours ago, Passionate said:

Hopefully Mason stays although he has been well off it in recent games,  has his head been turned a little, no doubt he will have been told of interest..

This is a fair point, difficult for the player and his agent when a club receives a reasonable bid which probably trebles/quadruples his wages. 

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

He also did it against St Johnstone, I think. I'd need to check the biography but am channel hopping between Tennis and Football. 

He did. Early to mid eighties,big memory serves

1 hour ago, AB1974 said:

He did. Early to mid eighties,big memory serves

I agree. I think it counted as direct from hand unlike the other one which was an own goal. I think the St Johnstone goalie was Mike McDonald. I see the tennis reference: you're ace. 

Edited by Chapelhall chap
Spelling

12 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I agree. I think it counted as direct from hand unlike the other one which was an own goal. I think the St Johnstone goalie was Mike McDonald. I see the tennis reference: you're ace. 

Was at the game ,sure it was midweek,thinking all this time keeper was Roy Baynes,must have got it wrong,

My understanding is that whilst the transfer window ends on Friday night and includes international loans, domestic loans can be done until the end of September.

Not that I think we should wait until then but is this correct?

3 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

My understanding is that whilst the transfer window ends on Friday night and includes international loans, domestic loans can be done until the end of September.

Not sure, @Skyline Drifteris your man for that kind of info, for me I would like to see things wrapped up this week as far as possible, with quite a few players coming in over the last few weeks we need to try and settle down and get the team working as a unit, will be interesting to see is Hancock is still with us on Saturday.

18 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Spot on the loan window indeed extends into September. 

6 minutes ago, Rocky Rooster AFC said:

How's things looking now Rocky,  we really need a boost and plugging more of these squad holes that seem to appear now...

Admittedly we have another month of the loan window to go,   can we afford to wait...    

6 minutes ago, Passionate said:

How's things looking now Rocky,  we really need a boost and plugging more of these squad holes that seem to appear now...

Admittedly we have another month of the loan window to go,   can we afford to wait...    

The pen is imminent I am led to believe, As I say a lot of rumours flying about just now but a little birdie says one deal is extremely close.  

Edited by Rocky Rooster AFC
spelling error

1 hour ago, moses1924 said:

Not sure, @Skyline Drifteris your man for that kind of info, for me I would like to see things wrapped up this week as far as possible, with quite a few players coming in over the last few weeks we need to try and settle down and get the team working as a unit, will be interesting to see is Hancock is still with us on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Rocky Rooster AFC said:

Only for the lower divisions, but yes, for you it extends to end of September within Scotland.