Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

10 minutes ago, Rocky Rooster AFC said:

From what I have heard we are only really looking at loan market now, One familiar face apparently close to a loan, but don't see anything happening tonight in terms of a signing . A lot of rumours been flying about including a possible move for Ryan Jack so clearly some are a bit extravagant indeed.  

Oh OK,   so the imminent is not imminent then..

Onwards and upwards

59 minutes ago, Elgindiamond said:

Under the floodlights against Brechin? 
Fox entered via the Nimmo lane end, ran the length of the pitch avoiding all tackles and disappeared up Gartlea rd.

Thanks for that ,it's just something that kept coming to mind,👍👍

1 hour ago, Elgindiamond said:

Under the floodlights against Brechin? 
Fox entered via the Nimmo lane end, ran the length of the pitch avoiding all tackles and disappeared up Gartlea rd.

All the best people went up Gartlea Road. I think it was as you described! 

The game when the fox ran on was the only game I remember my mum going to so it sticks in my head for that reason. It was definitely midweek and I'm sure it was against Dumbarton and we lost (maybe 2-0). Think it was the Jackie Stewart era with Derek Whiteford possibly playing for the Sons. That's my recollection anyway but stand to be corrected. 

14 hours ago, Rocky Rooster AFC said:

seems so disappointingly.

Maybe manager will play today,hope so badly need a leader on the park,big game today ,let's get back on the winning way or it's going to because long season,oh I know give us time to gel ,can't go on saying that every game,cup tie mode the day ,got to start with 2 upfront,let's have a good Saturday night ,

14 hours ago, Rocky Rooster AFC said:

seems so disappointingly.

Maybe manager will play today,hope so badly need a leader on the park,big game today ,let's get back on the winning way or it's going to because long season,oh I know give us time to gel ,can't go on saying that every game,cup tie mode the day ,got to start with 2 upfront,let's have a good Saturday night ,

5 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Injured

Was hoping for a return to a back five today to take the pressure of the defence a bit but with Watson, McCabe, and Wilson still out it looks unlikely. Would need either need ATS to come in (how long since he played?) or Bruce with Hancock moving into the back three which I’m not sure would help much since our biggest threat is going to be Hancock drilling balls into the box for Wilson to latch onto. Should see a return to a midfield diamond with Reid coming in to join Wilson up top I’d think. Surely McCabe won’t persist with 4231 without natural wingers when it’s clearly not been working? I’d like to see Mochrie start which might mean Frizz playing a bit deeper. I’d go for GavGal in the holding role and Agyemang alongside Frizz as the 8s and have Armstrong on the bench. I like Armstrong a lot and I think he will usually be a starter this season, but I thought he was poor last week and GavGal deserves to keep his place.

2 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Was hoping for a return to a back five today to take the pressure of the defence a bit but with Watson, McCabe, and Wilson still out it looks unlikely. Would need either need ATS to come in (how long since he played?) or Bruce with Hancock moving into the back three which I’m not sure would help much since our biggest threat is going to be Hancock drilling balls into the box for Wilson to latch onto. Should see a return to a midfield diamond with Reid coming in to join Wilson up top I’d think. Surely McCabe won’t persist with 4231 without natural wingers when it’s clearly not been working? I’d like to see Mochrie start which might mean Frizz playing a bit deeper. I’d go for GavGal in the holding role and Agyemang alongside Frizz as the 8s and have Armstrong on the bench. I like Armstrong a lot and I think he will usually be a starter this season, but I thought he was poor last week and GavGal deserves to keep his place.

Morton away last season, I think.  I wasn't at the game myself, but going by what the Morton fans said about it he basically played like some kind of Viking berserker, preventing them from playing the fine, silky football for which they had established such a high reputation.

2 hours ago, A Diamond For Me said:

Morton away last season, I think.  I wasn't at the game myself, but going by what the Morton fans said about it he basically played like some kind of Viking berserker, preventing them from playing the fine, silky football for which they had established such a high reputation.

He also crocked big bad George Oakley in that game, they may have mentioned it a couple of times in increasingly shrill tones.

Edited by cb_diamond

I'm astounded that McGrattan is playing and don't believe Gallagher is good enough either but at least he could improve with game time. Of course i'll be delighted to be proved wrong but it's time for our big players to step up.