Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

Next round is getting drawn at the Excelsior before the game on Sunday,  so we will be in the hat....

What time is the draw, don't really like the draw being made whilst teams are still playing but might give us that extra incentive if we get another big draw.

28 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Quite happy with that. Not too far away and a stadium we have a very good record at (not that that counts for much here).

Just glad it's not Hamilton! 

14 hours ago, Aufc said:

Does anyone else have a sneaking suspicion megwa will be back to us on loan in the next few weeks?

Back 4 seemed fine on Friday night and with Ballintyne back fit I think we are sound enough,I certainly wouldn't want Watson dropped for Megwa,

38 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Back 4 seemed fine on Friday night and with Ballintyne back fit I think we are sound enough,I certainly wouldn't want Watson dropped for Megwa,

Can't have enough good players Jack. 

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

Aye it’s good to have options and megwa was a class player. 

Watson is our highest scoring non forward this season and I'd love to see his stats for assists. If we go with Ballantyne Watson McCabe Fordyce Hancock at the back Hearts will think we are setting up defensively. Then we unleash Cammy and Hancock down the wings and they won't know what has hit them. This also gives us cover behind Hancock when he bombs forward in case as others have said that becomes a target for other teams.

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

Aye it is good to have options and great that we never missed him with our options ,

Having Megwa as an option also allows Ballantyne to play left back and push hancock into the middle of defence with Fordyce with McCabe in midfield. 

31 minutes ago, Diamonds on the Windshield said:

Watson is our highest scoring non forward this season and I'd love to see his stats for assists. If we go with Ballantyne Watson McCabe Fordyce Hancock at the back Hearts will think we are setting up defensively. Then we unleash Cammy and Hancock down the wings and they won't know what has hit them. This also gives us cover behind Hancock when he bombs forward in case as others have said that becomes a target for other teams.

Sounds a good plan to me,aye and if shankland is giving us to much bother we will bring on Hutton 🛌🛌👍

14 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Sounds a good plan to me,aye and if shankland is giving us to much bother we will bring on Hutton 🛌🛌👍

Shankland is giving me the fear. Fair play to him he's absolutely red hot at the moment and a certainty to make the Euros squad.

On 07/02/2024 at 15:08, AJ77 said:

Cup final confirmed Sunday 24th March at Falkirk.

23 hours ago, AJ77 said:

Just glad it's not Hamilton! 

Saw a few folk complaining about it on Facebook and Twitter, but I’m not really sure why? It was always likely to be one of Falkirk, Hamilton or Broadwood and Falkirk is by no means the worst of those three. 

Don’t see what the issue is for a few reasons - 
A) It’s not Broadwood. 
B) Good travelling distance and easy to get to from Airdrie/Glasgow/Edinburgh. 
C) Not Broadwood. 
D) Good pubs in Falkirk. 
E) Winning a trophy at the Falkirk Stadium will be good fun. 
F) Our record there in recent years is fantastic.
G Not Broadwood.