Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

11 hours ago, Mr November said:

I heard McGregor was out for 4-6 weeks before the Dundee United game, so possibly still a month or so until he’s back.

I keep forgetting about O’Connor but he might have to start alongside Todorov next week if McGill is out, as I really think both Gallagher and Todorov are too slow to play together in this team and I’d be reluctant to change shape from what has worked really well.

Possible out for rest of season the two of them,certainly having our fair share of injuries ,

On 09/03/2024 at 18:06, Mr November said:

Both very good points. I was talking about Johnson not being an option recently because of us already having so many Hibs players on loan but it completely slipped my mind there. Looks like the only Consilium keeper in Scotland that isn’t Josh Rae or already out on loan is Zander Clark, so we might have to think outside the box here.

Here's your "out the box" thinking.

The man being kept out the starting position by Clark is surely desperate to get to the Euros and some game time in addition to the occasional Scottish Cup tie may suit him.  How about we ask the jambos for Craig Gordon?

1 hour ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Here's your "out the box" thinking.

The man being kept out the starting position by Clark is surely desperate to get to the Euros and some game time in addition to the occasional Scottish Cup tie may suit him.  How about we ask the jambos for Craig Gordon?

Is he no a cousin of the manager ,😂😂

Just saw update from the club regarding Josh and that is horrible to know he is still in hospital. I absolutely hope he recovers well and wish him the best. I sounded like a twat with my last post not realising the severity of him still being in hospital. 

Different for him this only happening on Saturday but the absolute speculation and guess work on injuries / returning players is always a concern 

Best wishes to Josh. Sounded like a real bad one and head injuries and their aftermath can be (and are) horrific. Hope he’s being looked after well and he takes as long as he needs to recover. 

2 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Anyone know if Ballantyne will be back for the final? Just remembered Megwa is cup-tied. Could be without Rae, Ballantyne, Megwa, Lyall, McGregor and Gabby. Not ideal! 

Biggest concern with those players missing is that we’d lose a lot of mobility all across the park. You could still put out a team of first team regulars but it feels a bit slow. 

Hutton/anyone else
Watson - McCabe - Fordyce - Hancock
                      McMaster
          Telfer - Frizzell - McStravick
              Gallagher - Todorov

9 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Biggest concern with those players missing is that we’d lose a lot of mobility all across the park. You could still put out a team of first team regulars but it feels a bit slow. 

Hutton/anyone else
                      McMaster
              Gallagher - Todorov

That's actually a better team than I thought we could put together, keeper needs sorted though, i'm assuming young Prunty isn't ready for a step up?

9 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

That's actually a better team than I thought we could put together, keeper needs sorted though, i'm assuming young Prunty isn't ready for a step up?

Honestly, I'd rather him than Hutts.

11 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Honestly, I'd rather him than Hutts.

If we can't get someone in on loan you would think there must be someone around the youth set up that could do a job, what's the script with Gow's accademy type thing, not heard anything about it for ages? Presumably someone is in goals for the reserve team who, despite the results. could play?

26 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

If we can't get someone in on loan you would think there must be someone around the youth set up that could do a job, what's the script with Gow's accademy type thing, not heard anything about it for ages? Presumably someone is in goals for the reserve team who, despite the results. could play?

There is a lad called Cade Melrose who is the reserve keeper, he has been on the bench a few times this season, don't know anything about the lad,  The reserve team have been getting hammered most weeks, so probably not a fair assessment in a struggling team,  Pruntys boy Liam is the under 18s keeper...

Would still think we would need a loanee to get us by if possible.

Just now, Passionate said:

There is a lad called Cade Melrose who is the reserve keeper, he has been on the bench a few times this season, don't know anything about the lad,  The reserve team have been getting hammered most weeks, so probably not a fair assessment in a struggling team,  Pruntys boy Liam is the under 18s keeper...

Would still think we would need a loanee to get us by if possible.

Just noticed Prunty junior is younger than I thought, would rather have the reserve keeper Melrose in goals than Hutton, but getting an emergency loan in must be priority. For next season need to have a proper second choice keeper...

8 hours ago, Mr November said:

Hutton/anyone else
                      McMaster
              Gallagher - Todorov

Would imagine we'll get another keeper in as even during the play off semi final and with a 6-2 lead, McCabe didn't trust Hutton enough even for the second leg.

I wouldn't be against swapping Gallagher for Donnell and playing McStravick in a more advanced position in behind Todorov, still doesn't solve our mobility problems, but that sounds slightly more mobile than a Gal/Toddy front two.

Noticed on the website a couple of weeks back, advertising for a First Team Physio, (looked decent salary 40k). Is J D moving on to pastures new or are we planning in expanding our physiotherapy dept.

As like most clubs Physios can be worth there wait in gold to get players back out on the pitch ..