Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

20 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

That’s the Dundee United game moved to the Friday night. Think we all saw that coming as it was the obvious candidate out of our remaining fixtures. Bit frustrating as they could have brought a bumper crowd with them if they’re still going for the title at that point. 

IMG_4107.png

So that's our last 2 games of the season on Friday nights,  as you say the United game could and probably still will be a decent money spinner especially if United have the chance to win the league that night,  it's hard to be to critical as all these games help the club gain publicity, which was basically zero in the barren years of League 1.

47 minutes ago, Passionate said:

So that's our last 2 games of the season on Friday nights,  as you say the United game could and probably still will be a decent money spinner especially if United have the chance to win the league that night,  it's hard to be to critical as all these games help the club gain publicity, which was basically zero in the barren years of League 1.

Only one Saturday 15:00 game v United this season which is a bit of an odd quirk! 

I wonder if Kieran Wright would be a shout for Saturday? Won League 1 with Thistle, has played in the Championship previously and is never going to play for Rangers. I’m not sure how good he really is but he’s at least something of a goalkeeper and a better option than almost 39 years old David Hutton. 

53 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I wonder if Kieran Wright would be a shout for Saturday? Won League 1 with Thistle, has played in the Championship previously and is never going to play for Rangers. I’m not sure how good he really is but he’s at least something of a goalkeeper and a better option than almost 39 years old David Hutton. 

Think that's a good shout for Saturday, but believe it or not he's already played once in the Challenge Cup this season for Rangers B against Spartans. 

Scenes if we have Hutts or Prunty Junior in goals for the Cup final.

37 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Think that's a good shout for Saturday, but believe it or not he's already played once in the Challenge Cup this season for Rangers B against Spartans. 

You have got to think something would be in place,Prunty junior surely not a option ,I give manager a bit more credit,

2 hours ago, David Fernández said:

That’s annoying because that’s probably about the only game he’s played this season 😂

19 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

bit concerning that there's no news on a keeper, even just ton confirm the reserve keeper is mking the step up...

I don't expect any news to come out till 15 minutes before teams are announced on Saturday - similar to the falkirk situation.

Anyone had any problems getting their tickets for the Cup Final next week?   I've not had any email with the actual ticket yet and presume the email should arrive pretty much automatically - don't recall anything on the website about them being issued closer to the match day.

2 minutes ago, CJB said:

Anyone had any problems getting their tickets for the Cup Final next week?   I've not had any email with the actual ticket yet and presume the email should arrive pretty much automatically - don't recall anything on the website about them being issued closer to the match day.

Have you checked your junk emails? Mines went there.

23 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Have you checked your junk emails? Mines went there.

Yeah thanks checked that....I'll give them a call.    They managed to send me their fan survey email.

6’4, not currently doing his Highers, has played first team football at least once and *not* 38 year old David Hutton. Can’t wait for him to fluff his first cross ball tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

6’4, not currently doing his Highers, has played first team football at least once and *not* 38 year old David Hutton. Can’t wait for him to fluff his first cross ball tomorrow. 

No so pleased with stats ,don't think he has started any games 23-24season ,maybe a chance like this is all he needs ,let's hope so ,

15 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

No so pleased with stats ,don't think he has started any games 23-24season ,maybe a chance like this is all he needs ,let's hope so ,

Yeah he can’t have played much, if any, football in the best part of a year now. That is a concern but hopefully one he withstands.