Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

3 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Surely imminent now

IMG_6026.png

I hope its imminent but no so sure, boys still on holiday and think there still waiting on a few players accepting or rejecting a new deal.

2 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

he will be away when the next round of premier league sackings start or a bigger team like Falkirk, Pars, Raith etc  around october

no bigger jobs have came up just now, prob why he signed

Agree I think his next destination will be one of the clubs mentioned, 

Can he repeat his heroics from last season,  it will be very difficult, as everybody knows in football you move when your stock is high,  can his get any higher with Airdrie though ??

I still think Ian Murray and McPake are further up the food chain than Rhys at this time..

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

Can he repeat his heroics from last season,  it will be very difficult, as everybody knows in football you move when your stock is high,  can his get any higher with Airdrie though ??

I still think Ian Murray and McPake are further up the food chain than Rhys at this time..

playing that brand of football too, very unscottish and difficult to pull off

33 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

he will be away when the next round of premier league sackings start or a bigger team like Falkirk, Pars, Raith etc  around october

no bigger jobs have came up just now, prob why he signed

You are trying waaaaaayy to hard with this patter. 

23 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

You are trying waaaaaayy to hard with this patter. 

I can't be arsed going back to check but I think this is maybe his/her fourth go at exactly the same thing. Law of diminishing returns right enough.

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

Ditto,  always thought he would stay another year,  I would imagjne ATS will step up to Assistant....

This year will be tough,  would like to see us stick with 3 at the back,  when it works you can smother teams,   one of our biggest positives was trying to do something different than the rest, 

I reckon we’ll sign a couple wingers and go to the 4-3-3 he wanted to do at the start of the season but didn’t have the personnel for.

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

Murray, maybe as he was quite high profile last season and generally comes across well, even though I personally rate Rhys miles ahead of him.

Don't see it with McPake though as I think he's under pressure to get off to a decent start with Dunfermline or he'll be tatties by xmas. Got the the benefit of doubt last season due their injury woes but no 2nd chances for him this year.

3 hours ago, Passionate said:

On the same budget no chance,

The Falkirk Supporters Society is sharing the email template that HIT THE CHANNEL created regarding the artificial pitch vote and has posted it to members and on socials. 

Would be could to get a bit of cross-club support on this one so would appreciate if any of you were happy to share - 

9 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Fordyce is a Rover ..... official

It’s a shame because he absolutely does have it in him to play at this level for another few years and I’d rather it was in a Diamond.

Wonder if maybe Rhys has signed a one year deal that affords him a bit of flexibility if a bigger club comes calling, and Fordyce wanted the security of a two year deal which Raith have offered. It’s a short career and he’s perhaps though he has achieved all he can at Airdrie, especially if Raith are throwing money at it to get promoted next season.

7 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

It’s a shame because he absolutely does have it in him to play at this level for another few years and I’d rather it was in a Diamond.

Wonder if maybe Rhys has signed a one year deal that affords him a bit of flexibility if a bigger club comes calling, and Fordyce wanted the security of a two year deal which Raith have offered. It’s a short career and he’s perhaps though he has achieved all he can at Airdrie, especially if Raith are throwing money at it to get promoted next season.

Time will tell I guess, as long as he stays fit and injury free he'll be a good signing

I would not be surprised if he is not interested in Frizzell, Telfer, Todorov or Ballantyne,  I would say any or all would improve that Raith side,    Airdrie pressure getting cranked up,  you have made at least 4 times the prize money than recent seasons, if you want to repeat , we need to spend...    

Speculate to accumulate and all that..

13 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I would not be surprised if he is not interested in Frizzell, Telfer, Todorov or Ballantyne,  I would say any or all would improve that Raith side,    Airdrie pressure getting cranked up,  you have made at least 4 times the prize money than recent seasons, if you want to repeat , we need to spend...    

Speculate to accumulate and all that..

I can't speak for the others, but there's next to zero chance of Todorov signing for us given the history. 

34 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Disappointing yes, but I believe the rumours of the fall out are indeed true.

Not going to lie, quite disappointed he has signed for a team in the same and (hopefully) one we will be competing with at the top end of the season. He has been a great servant but guess it highlights there is very little loyalty in football