Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

9 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Grow Do Something GIF by AionCommunity @airdrieonians  

Squad update and the release/retained list must be imminent soon, think it was around about this time last season it was published so hopefully something tonight or at the end of the week.

Signings I'm happy to be patient as it is still very early and I don't actually think the transfer window is officially open yet. 

3 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Signings I'm happy to be patient as it is still very early and I don't actually think the transfer window is officially open yet. 

The window doesn’t really apply to us unless we’re spending a fee. Most of our signings will be pre-contracts or frees.

The season ticket one is pretty embarrassing. The club had a chance to really capitalise on the success of last season by getting something out straight away

Posted (edited)

Does fordyce play as a Right CH or a left CH? Because we’re close to signing Hanlon who’s plays left and also got Euan Murray who is a left sided CH I’m just wondering that’s all 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

13 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Does fordyce play as a Right CH or a left CH? Because we’re close to signing Stevenson who’s plays left and also got Euan Murray who is a left sided CH I’m just wondering that’s all 

Can play either side,  he is predominantly right footed, but I always thought he was better at left sided CH,   good player,  his main faults are he is very quiet on the park and can be caught for pace. 

Sad to see Gabby go, he seems like a great guy and seemed to genuinely enjoy his time here. When I ran on the park at Hamilton the first thing I did was hug him as he was staggering about in a daze bawling his eyes out. He scored plenty of big goals, most notably that late equaliser at Hamilton, but I imagine he was one of our highest earners and given his constant injury issues it might be the right time to move on.

Happy with everyone signed up but hopefully some more news on Telfer, Frizzell, Ballantyne etc in the next week or so.

Nothing I don’t think we didn’t really know anyway bar Hemfrey, all the best to Gabby scored some huge goals in his time! Hopefully get Cammy Frizz and Telfer signed up asap.

Sad to see Gabby go. Done well and improved during his time at the club but ultimately struggled with injuries. Telfer, Ballantyne, Frizz some big names to still be in discussion but delighted to keep hold of Hancock especially.

I see Ross County have released Kyle Turner. Expect Raith Rovers and Thistle might be interested and can likely outbid us but I’d love a return and I’d imagine we would at least ask the question.

2 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Sad to see Gabby go. Done well and improved during his time at the club but ultimately struggled with injuries. Telfer, Ballantyne, Frizz some big names to still be in discussion but delighted to keep hold of Hancock especially.

I see Ross County have released Kyle Turner. Expect Raith Rovers and Thistle might be interested and can likely outbid us but I’d love a return and I’d imagine we would at least ask the question.

Signed with thistle.

6 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Raith going to have overload on bench,

11 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Sad to see Gabby go, he seems like a great guy and seemed to genuinely enjoy his time here. When I ran on the park at Hamilton the first thing I did was hug him as he was staggering about in a daze bawling his eyes out. He scored plenty of big goals, most notably that late equaliser at Hamilton, but I imagine he was one of our highest earners and given his constant injury issues it might be the right time to move on.

Happy with everyone signed up but hopefully some more news on Telfer, Frizzell, Ballantyne etc in the next week or so.

I don't know if Gabby not being offered a deal is for logistical reasons or performance?,   sad to see the lad go , his inconsistency was his consistency,  he really came onto a game at the money time of the season,  and showed guts in the Thistle game with his shoulder out,  he will be a modern day cult hero..

The rest aye ok,  free up a few wages. ( How did Dunlop get an extension ?)

We need some of our big hitters to resign,  Frizz, Telfer, Ballantyne not sure what's happening with Rae...

I think Gabby's partner lives down south and he was keen to move back down to be with her, and you can't object to that, really.  He'd be a hero if only for that goal at Hamilton, but he contributed a lot more than that while he was here. 

Hemfrey's not really at the right level if we want to kick on from last season, but I don't think we could have asked for more than we got from him.  Stepped up and did a good job for us, which is more than can be said of some emergency keepers we've had in recent years.  Should be looking to get a better standard in.

Not particularly bothered about the young lads moving on.  Good luck to them, but you couldn't say any of them will be a loss.

Of the loanees, would have loved to have had another season with Megwa, but that's probably not a realistic shout.  The others I'm not fussed about. 

Of those kept, I've not seen enough from Dunlop, Rowley or really Gavin Gallagher to have any particular opinions about them yet.  Gallagher has seemed good enough to keep as a squad player, at any rate.  The others still with us are all ones I'd want, so that's good to see.

6 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

I think Gabby's partner lives down south and he was keen to move back down to be with her, and you can't object to that, really.  He'd be a hero if only for that goal at Hamilton, but he contributed a lot more than that while he was here. 

Hemfrey's not really at the right level if we want to kick on from last season, but I don't think we could have asked for more than we got from him.  Stepped up and did a good job for us, which is more than can be said of some emergency keepers we've had in recent years.  Should be looking to get a better standard in.

Not particularly bothered about the young lads moving on.  Good luck to them, but you couldn't say any of them will be a loss.

Of the loanees, would have loved to have had another season with Megwa, but that's probably not a realistic shout.  The others I'm not fussed about. 

Of those kept, I've not seen enough from Dunlop, Rowley or really Gavin Gallagher to have any particular opinions about them yet.  Gallagher has seemed good enough to keep as a squad player, at any rate.  The others still with us are all ones I'd want, so that's good to see.

Obviously Megwa was by far the standout loanee and would love to have him back if possible, but I’d like Lyall back too. Lots of ability and suits our style. Out of contract at Rangers and I wouldn’t be surprised if he signed for us.

3 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Obviously Megwa was by far the standout loanee and would love to have him back if possible, but I’d like Lyall back too. Lots of ability and suits our style. Out of contract at Rangers and I wouldn’t be surprised if he signed for us.

Ah yes - Lyall too, of course.  Spent too long staring at a screen today and my brain's stuttering to a halt.  Yes, would absolutely have him back.

3 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Agree totally,  only issue for Lyall may be wages,  his Rangers wage would be much higher than we could afford..

No mention of ATS or Hutts yet either,   ATS is currently the only qualified coach at the club if indeed he is still there..