Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

On 11/09/2024 at 11:07, AJ77 said:

Don't know if it was mentioned but was great to see Justin Devenny on the bench for Palace against Chelsea couple weeks back, hopefully makes his debut at some point in the season.

Great for him - playing in the Scottish lower leagues then into the English Premiership! He has done well, and a testament to Rhys and the club for developing him. 

1 hour ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

Very rarely do I take a pie, but any time I have it’s normally been pretty hoaching. Think it’s fair to say our catering has been amongst the worst in this league so well done to the club for taking it on board and progressing with a new partner. 

2 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Very rarely do I take a pie, but any time I have it’s normally been pretty hoaching. Think it’s fair to say our catering has been amongst the worst in this league so well done to the club for taking it on board and progressing with a new partner. 

Christie's pies were always enjoyable but maybe an issue (particularly last season) with the heating of them - either under or burnt? And price of supply? 

See they are still supplying other things to the club...

I wonder if the club are doing what Falkirk, St. Mirren and Partick did with Pars (new supplier) - i.e. Brand the kiosks as Pie Sports (yes, true!)? 

1 hour ago, A Diamond For Me said:

Dunfermline have pretty good bridies (is it Steven's that do theirs?), but they're missing a trick not having Pars do their pies.

Well spotted! 😁

All this talk of pies etc... reminds me of Airdrie bakers best produce from years ago:-

Dalziel (laterally Sharelle's of course) - great rolls ("A good roll does satisfy" with the rolling horse on the side of their vans!)... 

Bon Bon - cakes... 

Christie's - pies... 

Hastie's -bread... 

Lightbodie's - bigger cakes... 

Those were the days!

Edited by Diamonds Are Red

ISSUE 2 of the Broomfield Bulletin: Read about the first ever meeting between Airdrie and Falkirk, 6-2, Falkirk’s record defeat, the hateful 8, Ian McCall and the latest goings-on in the Championship. Subscribe at - https://t.co/3HuMcf5Ow1

Also, you can follow our brand new Twitter account dedicated exclusively to the match-day programme at - https://x.com/broomfield1878?s=21&t=ei9lEQUlqVT6IyVJquw8rQ

📸©️ Robert Dalzell | Redacted Media

4ea27907-773b-465b-acc2-4b49911f1799.jpeg

20 hours ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

Well spotted! 😁

All this talk of pies etc... reminds me of Airdrie bakers best produce from years ago:-

Dalziel (laterally Sharelle's of course) - great rolls ("A good roll does satisfy" with the rolling horse on the side of their vans!)... 

Bon Bon - cakes... 

Christie's - pies... 

Hastie's -bread... 

Lightbodie's - bigger cakes... 

Those were the days!

Christie's Domino Cake especially the double six. 

50 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Or an 8-0.

You're going to have to make up your mind about that one. Are we the new club (cLYdeBaNk and AIRdrIe UnItEd slaggings) you gleefully claim, in which case the 8 nil is completely moot. Or is it the same club and the above are in the bin and the eight zip counts?

Sophie's choice for you.

46 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

You're going to have to make up your mind about that one. Are we the new club (cLYdeBaNk and AIRdrIe UnItEd slaggings) you gleefully claim, in which case the 8 nil is completely moot. Or is it the same club and the above are in the bin and the eight zip counts?

Sophie's choice for you.

Never once claimed you are a new club.

We did very well out of your “demise” taking your manager and best players.

Always good to take advantage of your horrible club’s misfortunes.

Ah well

Fair play to the defence as it could have been 10 without them putting the bodies on the line to block everything. Johnson as well despite some terrible distribution made some unbelievable saves.

McCabe got it massively wrong today but I’m not shiting the bed just yet. A team that’s 43 games unbeaten can do that to you. It’ll be them or Ayr for the title this year and I’ll be happy with 8th this year. If Morton do that to us then I’ll get worried.

Lessons to learn for sure but still early days.

I know there’s been heavier defeats but for me that’s the worst performance of McCabe’s tenure. 2 going on 10. Playing every goal kick short when the keeper looks like has no confidence in his ability to do so. Almost no possession in the opposition half in the second half. No plan B when things weren’t going our way. Too soft and lost every 50/50. Yes it’s frustrating that Falkirk would foul every time we tried to break, but we showed absolutely no fight of our own. They looked hungrier, stronger, better and better-coached in every way. I think McCabe has been stubborn with his recruitment as he tries to show he can develop young players, we need some Championship experience in, and there are players like McInroy without a club and the loan window is still open. We still haven’t replaced Todorov, a player we willingly released even though he was contracted for this season. Continue like this and we’ll go down without a fight.

On a positive note, I like Badley-Morgan a lot.