Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

18 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Anyone know about home and away kits and if there’s a date for launch? Seem to be last in the league again - although I’m hardly surprised. Same every season. 

I seem to recall end of July beginning of August for one if not both being a target date. Where this recollection is from I have no idea so could have been speculation from elsewhere which I am regurgitating. 

6 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Anything pre-October is usually seen as a bonus.

I'd say I'm shocked, but.....

At the 3rd kit announcement it was stated that home and away kits would be available end of July 23!

8 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Cheers - would have nice to have them for the league cup campaign kicking off and the start of the competitive season. 

I thought I seen it mentioned elsewhere that 100 year centenary kit would also be produced at xmas time.

3 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

I thought I seen it mentioned elsewhere that 100 year centenary kit would also be produced at xmas time.

If have gone retro and just make this year’s kit a centenary one but I guess more revenue in doing both. Hopefully both are worth the wait. Moaning about kits stops me from wading in on lack of signings 🤣

Edited by She who dares gins

Just now, She who dares gins said:

It’s becoming a real concern. 

I was an early moaner to be fair and was rightly told to bide my time by others. That was 3 or 4 weeks ago and nothing of note has happened since. I'm convinced we won't stay up with the team in its current size and make up, so I share your concern.

On 25/06/2023 at 19:34, Diamond1924 said:

He’s been at us before for a start so will be familiar with the set up. I could see him playing every week with us so there’s guaranteed game time to add to the equation. Obviously Patrick could offer higher wages but if it’s a loan deal then that wouldn’t really matter. 

Just to add to this.

Speaking with someone today whose son is a 18 year old youth player at Aberdeen who was injured most of last season and considering a loan move to a Highland league club but Aberdeen want £100 per week from them. Yes loan deals are all different but they are a cost and very seldom freebies.

38 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I was an early moaner to be fair and was rightly told to bide my time by others. That was 3 or 4 weeks ago and nothing of note has happened since. I'm convinced we won't stay up with the team in its current size and make up, so I share your concern.

Still 6 weeks of the transfer window to go, and yes I'm aware free agents can sign after this but ideally we don't want to wait that long as a bad start could kill us. 

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

And people would moan when f he rushed it and brought in absolute pish players still plenty of time 

1 hour ago, AJ77 said:

Good to see the club have reduced tickets slightly for the Dumbarton game on Saturday.

Yes that's good and I bought my online ticket today but still can't quite grasp the absence of a cash gate for the late decision makers, especially as it's the opening game. 

Just a wee moan. 

31 minutes ago, G_H said:

Transfer window is rapidly turning into a repeat of last year unfortunately.

Seriously worried about lack of defensive depth and quality.

It's most definitely a worry that we haven't managed to sign a defender yet but I would be positive it's not for the want of trying, which is an even bigger concern.