Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Will you boys be offering a stream for tomorrow? 

Afraid not, club stated at the start of the week there won't be one, they didn't give a reason why.

Anybody have any idea what our level of season ticket sales are so far and what they were last season?

Asking more in hope than expectation given the watertight ship that is club information 

Edited by cb_diamond

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Anybody have any idea what our level of season ticket sales are so far and what they were last season?

Asking more in hope than expectation given the watertight ship that is club information 

You tried emailing the club and asking? I'd imagine it's a lot lower than people think it is 

Just now, Rossm25 said:

You tried emailing the club and asking? I'd imagine it's a lot lower than people think it is 

I was working under the assumption it was 3-400 last season and would be in the ballpark of 5-600 this year.

21 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I was working under the assumption it was 3-400 last season and would be in the ballpark of 5-600 this year.

I'm not sure there would be much of a bounce . I saw someone mentioning they thought our home gates would be bigger this year but even with promotion I think our average home crowd will be about the same.

But seriously,  try messaging the club, see if they get back to you. Or if you nip on to collect yours ask. 

21 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

I'm not sure there would be much of a bounce . I saw someone mentioning they thought our home gates would be bigger this year but even with promotion I think our average home crowd will be about the same.

But seriously,  try messaging the club, see if they get back to you. Or if you nip on to collect yours ask. 

I'm not going to do that. To be completely fair most other normal clubs, including plenty in our own division just actively tell people these numbers.

39 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I'm not going to do that. To be completely fair most other normal clubs, including plenty in our own division just actively tell people these numbers.

I'll ask then when the physical ones are available for pick up. 

I don't see the drama if I'm honest. 

If we are thinking it's maybe 500 there's no way the club are celebrating that. Easily one of the lowest in the league, but lets put it out that we are shifting a quarter of some other teams in the league becuase folk on the pie and bovril might moan. Opens the club up to ridicule when you have other clubs shifting 2k season tickets and we're celebrating something that would be on par with mid table league 1. 

Just now, Rossm25 said:

I'll ask then when the physical ones are available for pick up. 

I don't see the drama if I'm honest. 

If we are thinking it's maybe 500 there's no way the club are celebrating that. Easily one of the lowest in the league, but lets put it out that we are shifting a quarter of some other teams in the league becuase folk on the pie and bovril might moan. Opens the club up to ridicule when you have other clubs shifting 2k season tickets and we're celebrating something that would be on par with mid table league 1. 

It's not for celebratory or non celebratory purposes. I was curious and it struck me that it was another area where we are kept completely in the dark about.

3 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

It's not for celebratory or non celebratory purposes. I was curious and it struck me that it was another area where we are kept completely in the dark about.

"Kept completely in the dark"

The club isn't the CIA man , like I said just ask. I'll ask , and let ya know. 

We seem to parkour from "clubs deliberately not recruiting players" to "Strips!!!! why don't we have strips this is tin pot" and now on to "season tickets numbers" 

See if folk honestly think it's that bad,  don't give them money , don't go. This is the best the club has been run both on and off the pitch in a long time , we are In the championship,  we are starting the season with a decent squad that yes needs strengthened but we are starting from a good base. If all this comes at the cost of not being told the season ticket numbers then who cares. 

Just now, Rossm25 said:

"Kept completely in the dark"

The club isn't the CIA man , like I said just ask. I'll ask , and let ya know. 

We seem to parkour from "clubs deliberately not recruiting players" to "Strips!!!! why don't we have strips this is tin pot" and now on to "season tickets numbers" 

See if folk honestly think it's that bad,  don't give them money , don't go. This is the best the club has been run both on and off the pitch in a long time , we are In the championship,  we are starting the season with a decent squad that yes needs strengthened but we are starting from a good base. If all this comes at the cost of not being told the season ticket numbers then who cares. 

You're trying to make me sound like a dick here,, so I'll bite.

Yes, I am absolutely delighted we are finally out of the hellscape that is L1. Yes, I am hopeful that we will be able to strengthen our team beyond what we have now. Yes, I trust that Rhys has a plan and good ideas.

However, I am a bit pissed off, as I was last year and the year before that that we get f#ck all info from the club, about pretty much anything. Year on year we ARE always last to get strips out, season tickets out etc etc. Those are valuable income streams that the club could be maximising by getting their finger out of their arses. So no, I won't be having a temper tantrum boycott because I don't know how many season books we've punted, but by the same token I won't clap my hands and go "la la la this is amazing, I'm so happy" when there are things that are a bit "tinpot"

Seems reasonable enough? No?

To be fair it's not just you. And I'm not wanting to make out like your a dick...

I just want people to be a bit more realistic about our position as a club. We have a lovely strip out the now with new home tops touted for the end of July. It's a difference of a couple of weeks ? The club have been bringing in fans reps , did you apply ? Did any of the folk who love a good moan and cry foul play by the club apply ? 

I get that it's rubbish when things are quiet but are they gonna announce we've sold 350 season tickets 3 weeks before the season  starts? Probably not. Are they gonna announce signing targets , of course not. So I just dont get the hate pointed towards the club. Im not clapping my hands and "la la la ing" I'm just calming the F down cause there's not much to get upset about. 

11 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Yes, I am absolutely delighted we are finally out of the hellscape that is L1. Yes, I am hopeful that we will be able to strengthen our team beyond what we have now. Yes, I trust that Rhys has a plan and good ideas.

However, I am a bit pissed off, as I was last year and the year before that that we get f#ck all info from the club, about pretty much anything. Year on year we ARE always last to get strips out, season tickets out etc etc. Those are valuable income streams that the club could be maximising by getting their finger out of their arses. So no, I won't be having a temper tantrum boycott because I don't know how many season books we've punted, but by the same token I won't clap my hands and go "la la la this is amazing, I'm so happy" when there are things that are a bit "tinpot"

Just now, Rossm25 said:

To be fair it's not just you. And I'm not wanting to make out like your a dick...

I just want people to be a bit more realistic about our position as a club. We have a lovely strip out the now with new home tops touted for the end of July. It's a difference of a couple of weeks ? The club have been bringing in fans reps , did you apply ? Did any of the folk who love a good moan and cry foul play by the club apply ? 

I get that it's rubbish when things are quiet but are they gonna announce we've sold 350 season tickets 3 weeks before the season  starts? Probably not. Are they gonna announce signing targets , of course not. So I just dont get the hate pointed towards the club. Im not clapping my hands and "la la la ing" I'm just calming the F down cause there's not much to get upset about. 

Not to kick the arse out of this but the "difference of a couple of weeks" means less strips and season tickets sold, it also means more goodwill momentum from the playoff lost. If season tickets had been out quickly in the first half of June like loads of clubs do I would have probably bought one, despite the fact I know I'll be working a bunch of Saturdays during the season because I was hyped as you liked after the playoff final. By the time they came out I had realised it was a daft idea and will just buy tickets for the matches I can make. That's what I'm talking about.

Just now, AJ77 said:

Yous 2 have had a fun Friday evening eh

There's no Falkirk to point and laugh at any more so we're forced to talk to each other, I'd imagine this is why so many couples divorce after they retire...

Edited by cb_diamond

7 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

There's no Falkirk to point and laugh at any more so we're forced to talk to each other, I'd imagine this is why so many couples divorce after they retire...

It's not been the same since the kids left 

11 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Reality will hit soon enough,

Anyway, lets kick off with a win today as any other result will probably end any chance of progression in this cup as well as leading to a social media melt down and I hope everyone is on here later tonight raving about O'Connor and Aiken.

I'm not forgetting about Todorov but I believe he's virtually guaranteed to be a success but it will be pleasing if the 2 Hibee's look like they can become regular starters.