Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

5 hours ago, airdrieman said:

I’d rather take the payday now than at the end of September. Obviously getting an unseeded lesser team like Forfar, Stirling Albion or Falkirk would be great and something of a cup run would be exciting. But equally, we could get beat by a Raith, Morton or Livi at home in front of a smaller crowd than an average league game which is about the worst outcome possible. 

One of the Old Firm > prize and gate money > welcome back Mr McInroy 🤝

Apologies, missed a few of steps. 

One of the Old Firm > sign Ally Roy > beat one of the Old Firm > prize and gate money > welcome back Mr McInroy > win the League Cup 🤝

Edited by airdrieman

22 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Eoghan Stokes is currently playing for Christchurch United in New Zealand and has 6 goals in 10 appearances.

Forget Kerr McInroy, we should be going all in to sign Stokes before Leeds United make him an offer.

McInroy is being linked to a loan move at a skint Partick Thistle..😉

Just now, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Only possible player would be Gashi unless we have more trialists in 

Can't imagine there will be another bounce game unless it's mainly u18s, the first team have played a fair bit in the last couple of weeks and the cons would defo outweigh the pros.

3 hours ago, Mr November said:

There’s a lot of nonsense that comes with supporting Airdrie but the diamond certainly isn’t one of them. Best strips in the country.

4 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

New away strip is an absolute cracker.

3 hours ago, Mr November said:

There’s a lot of nonsense that comes with supporting Airdrie but the diamond certainly isn’t one of them. Best strips in the country.

I’ve been a fan of the Football Nation kits, apart from last season, where the home kit was a disgrace and the away was a let down, but this year is maybe the best set of kits we’ve produced in a long time. Surprised we’ve never gone for the red with black diamond combination before, it’s a beaut! If the rumoured 1924 kit comes to fruition, I hope that is similarly excellent and befitting of such an occasion. Could be a real year to remember kit wise if so. 

13 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I’ve been a fan of the Football Nation kits, apart from last season, where the home kit was a disgrace and the away was a let down, but this year is maybe the best set of kits we’ve produced in a long time. Surprised we’ve never gone for the red with black diamond combination before, it’s a beaut! If the rumoured 1924 kit comes to fruition, I hope that is similarly excellent and befitting of such an occasion. Could be a real year to remember kit wise if so. 

21/22 probably the one that’s competing with this season in terms of kits, at least off the top of my head. 

Just now, airdrieman said:

21/22 probably the one that’s competing with this season in terms of kits, at least off the top of my head. 

The classic umbro kits. The home top from that year shades it for me, but this season's away and third are better.

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

It’s a centenary kit for all fans to buy a take and not just 1924 members