Norway (a) - 17/6/23

PSJ.84

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I watched a video about him, filmed in his home town, where everyone they interviewed was pronouncing it like that. They were saying Erling differently as well.

Yep.  The "a" with the wee circle above (Håland) is a separate letter in the Norwegian language and is pronounced sort of like "aw".  So "Holland" is what his name sounds like pronounced properly.  

(Source - lived in Norway for three years and learned a bit of the language)

4 minutes ago, resk said:

Yep.  The "a" with the wee circle above (Håland) is a separate letter in the Norwegian language and is pronounced sort of like "aw".  So "Holland" is what his name sounds like pronounced properly.  

(Source - lived in Norway for three years and learned a bit of the language)

It looked to me like that little symbol meant 'diving, overhyped shite'.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Only 3 out of 5 actually got it right though 😄

I put it down to every other poster being half cut...

Edited by Jacksgranda

21 minutes ago, ropy said:

How many seconds after the restart was the 2nd goal scored?  Couldn’t have been many.

I did the research, the BBC didn’t quite show the restart but I think it was about 26 seconds.

Was listening to Talk Sport( I know)this morning about 5 o'clock UK time just to get their take on it. They were doing the press review with some bunnet from The Harold. He was trying to demean Scotland's success calling Dykes a donkey and Norway a 2 man team. Her even managed to say that nationalists are clamouring for a 2nd ref as a result of the game. He then started sporting casual elitism and racism about  how Marcus Rashfords "woke" nonsense affected his game and why ethnic minorities aren't up for elite level Rugby. Sounded like a right c**t. Hopefully he reads these pages as he mentioned football websites getting carried away.