The Partick Thistle Liquidation Waiting Room/Gravedancing shoe polishing Thread

Thistle has always been an away day favourite of mine, the Firhill Tavern and what I think was the original social club in the stand being ports of call when visiting. Looking forward to Maryhill this season.

My wife's grandpa played for the Jags in the 'thirties, and they are a beacon for fair(er) minded supporters from Glasgow. Distinctive colours too, which stand out in Scottish football. Lots to like (excepting Brian Graham), and I'm sure they'll get out of this situation in time.

In any case, there are very few Scottish clubs I'd like to see in severe difficulties, and you can probably guess who they'd be.

4 hours ago, virginton said:

And yet if you had simply tried this in the first place after 2020 - instead of concocting a Liverpool-esque, false narrative of injustice and getting revenge on Scottish football!!!11111!!!! - then your gormless and gullible fanbase wouldn't have to fork out to keep the lights on. 

Still some work to do in the humility front I see, but only to be expected after you came so close* to having your ludicrous scheme pay off for you. 

There are many things you can point at our club and laugh for at the moment, but a "gormless and gullible fanbase" is a very odd choice, given that in the course of last season over 1000 fans joined the Jags Foundation, and successfully ousted a dreadful chairman and board (who we were aware were incompetent) to get us on the road to fan ownership.  The fans were therefore neither of the things you claim.  Meanwhile, I think I am right in saying that Greenock have only recently achieved relative stability based on your sweetie prince writing off a couple of "millions" of debt?

All in all, this thread is peak Morton in its desperation to score some points and wish to see a fellow smaller club liquidated.  It's cringe-inducing stuff from start to finish and maybe would have been better on your dedicated "We Hate Partick Thistle" thread on your own forum rather than making complete fannies of yourselves here?

Edited by VictorOnopko

To be fair to the Jags, they were the best team we played last season in the Champ (Raith).
I would be sad to see the end of Glasgow's second oldest team.......

Queens Park 1867

Partick Thistle 1876

Glasgow Celtic 1888

The Rangers 2012

4 hours ago, virginton said:

And yet if you had simply tried this in the first place after 2020 - instead of concocting a Liverpool-esque, false narrative of injustice and getting revenge on Scottish football!!!11111!!!! - then your gormless and gullible fanbase wouldn't have to fork out to keep the lights on. 

Still some work to do in the humility front I see, but only to be expected after you came so close* to having your ludicrous scheme pay off for you. 

Reveal hidden contents

But still failed. 

5a3071fcb1526_efecig.png.4623aab61af0f7be0e9c950f7cb25a05.png.4926386a451e03132b6430417307eb2f.png.af6f023ba061bd735019e0c0bc373194.png

'Humility' - coming from you 😂.

We've nothing to be humble about - a hated board fucked up with the money we had (and a lot we didn't), then fucked off when they couldn't avoid admitting it anymore.

We'll sort this, without any help from anyone else.

Couple of seasons, and we'll be on an even keel - may get relegated, may get promoted, but we'll still have a club.

Off you pop!

UTMBNTgCOs26b5E3OR.gif

It would be cool if Hearts/Partick Thistle could organise a pre-season friendly at Firhill.   Many Hearts fans would be happy to help the Jags and it's an excellent away day.  I'm sure plenty tickets could be sold.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

In fairness, we’re broadly getting far more sympathy than I expected we would, save from a couple of the usual bitter oddballs from Inverclyde.

Yeah especially if you've been through it at your own club, you'd never wish it on anyone else.

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

By the way, why are Partick FC fans the only fans in Scotland that require a pat on the head for not supporting Celtic or Rangers?

Needy wee guys.

By the way, why are some Greenock FC fans such attention seekers?

Neddy wee guys.

12 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

By the way, why are some Greenock FC fans such attention seekers?

Neddy wee guys.

Wee Town,Wee Team,Wee man syndrome.

The laugh of it is 99.99% of other Teams fans couldn’t give a flying feck about them .

What's actually funny is that despite Partick FC fans being NPCs whose only personality trait is bleating "loooook, we are not Celtic or Rangers!!", they would probably be in administration right now without The Blue Pound they received for playing that cup tie at Ibrox. 😂😂

Edited by Jives Miguel

18 hours ago, GiGi said:

Morton have literally moved to fan ownership in the last 2 seasons you absolute fud.

If your fan owners include the wallopers that come on here with their wee red dots then Morton will be playing Cowdenbeath and Berwick in a few years.

If the SPFL just had the brains to say “if we put Morton in the Conference would you back us”…💯

3 hours ago, Mr. X said:

It would be cool if Hearts/Partick Thistle could organise a pre-season friendly at Firhill.   Many Hearts fans would be happy to help the Jags and it's an excellent away day.  I'm sure plenty tickets could be sold.

Came on to say this - there's been some discussion about it on some Hearts forums and social media and Firhill makes a great day out. Think it could sell out tbh. I know you want to sort it out yourselves, but both teams would benefit. Gutted with what happened in the play-off btw, but that's fecking football. 

7 hours ago, milhouse said:

I think we'll be OK. The Jags Foundation can be prone to sensational word choice in their statements, usually followed by a 'sign up to-day!' plea. I'm not necessarily expecting great things on the pitch next season though. I think we'd have struggled badly in the Premiership in any case.

Some fairly predictable patter here from fans of some teams who bitterly hate the Jags, like Ayr and Greenock, who have much smaller supports, play in crumbling husks of stadiums which make Firhill look like the Allianz Arena, and havn't made the top tier since the late 70s/80s respectively, before I was born.

The 80s, you say...

On 08/06/2023 at 11:47, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don’t think it’s so much that so much as Jacqui Low simply doesn’t understand budgeting. Like at all.

Last time she left, we had to honour the nonsense budget she’d given Gary fucking Caldwell, so had to cancel team busses and stuff like that. And I suspect it would’ve been much worse back then had Fitzpatrick not gone to Norwich and Lindsay’s sell on fee not come through.

The woman’s a fucking moron. 

To appoint Jacqui Low once could be considered unfortunate.

Twice sounds like carelessness.

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

To appoint Jacqui Low once could be considered unfortunate.

Twice sounds like carelessness.

She was punted originally by one of our previous chairmen, but then snuck back in on the Colin Weir “fan ownership” ticket before proceeding to take over the club and run it as a dictator rather than a fan-owned enterprise.

8 hours ago, milhouse said:

Some fairly predictable patter here from fans of some teams who bitterly hate the Jags, like Ayr and Greenock, who have much smaller supports, play in crumbling husks of stadiums which make Firhill look like the Allianz Arena, and havn't made the top tier since the late 70s/80s respectively, before I was born.

Don't think there's any bitter hatred from Ayr fans?? You're just talking pish there. AI think most Ayr fans are pretty sympathetic given that we were in a similar state 15 years ago. About 90% of the patter on this thread has been supportive, save for the perennially snide Morton posters who stink up every thread.