The Partick Thistle Liquidation Waiting Room/Gravedancing shoe polishing Thread

8 hours ago, Mr. X said:

It would be cool if Hearts/Partick Thistle could organise a pre-season friendly at Firhill.   Many Hearts fans would be happy to help the Jags and it's an excellent away day.  I'm sure plenty tickets could be sold.

Never forget mate

While it's a nice gesture by jambos, and looking a gift horse in the mouth is indecorous,  I can't help but think that the persecution narrative of "forced relegation" during COVID will be given some fresh impetus, and that this is partly the motivation behind the offer.

As I said, lovely to receive a helping hand from Hearts fans, and perhaps I'm overstating this, but the cynic in me also thinks a resurrection of the "we wuz done" story can take the heat off the board a bit.

20 hours ago, milhouse said:

I think we'll be OK. The Jags Foundation can be prone to sensational word choice in their statements, usually followed by a 'sign up to-day!' plea. I'm not necessarily expecting great things on the pitch next season though. I think we'd have struggled badly in the Premiership in any case.

Some fairly predictable patter here from fans of some teams who bitterly hate the Jags, like Ayr and Greenock, who have much smaller supports, play in crumbling husks of stadiums which make Firhill look like the Allianz Arena, and havn't made the top tier since the late 70s/80s respectively, before I was born.

Your stadium has 3 sides, behave.  

8 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I overheard something about Partick and and 8 figure loss a couple of weeks ago bud don’t quite remember the details.

Probably, because it was a figment of your imagination? 

13 hours ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

About 90% of the patter on this thread has been supportive, save for the perennially snide Morton posters who stink up every thread. 

Now, haud the bus here......

A quick scan of this gawd awful thread shows 5 Morton fans posting on it. Of those, only two have been trolling in any way, shape or form - one is the OP, who only joined P&B at the end of January and seems hell bent on making a rep for himself as a lowbrow wind-up merchant, and the other is an already established lowbrow wind-up merchant (although the latter does have a point, to be fair, and makes more of them further down this very page.).  The other comments from Morton fans aren't sticking the knife in at all. 

The thread itself is garbage from the title onward, just looking to stomp on the wreckage of the Thistle collapse when it's already well covered elsewhere. It's a waste of bandwidth, nothing more. 

9 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I overheard something about Partick and and 8 figure loss a couple of weeks ago bud don’t quite remember the details.

😳 Really? Thanx for that. Very helpful. 

One of your better posts, actually. 

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

9 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

There you have it....Patrick Cricket Club arent very good.

Actually you’ve hamistedly stumbled on a real Cricket connection there .Partick Thistle adopted their now famous Yellow and Red from the Partickhill based West of Scotland Cricket Team in 1935……Howzat !

I never want to see any team going out of business, it is the heart of the community and means so much to the supporters who travel week in and week out, in the hope of getting three points. 

36 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

The Wildean wit of the Port never ceases to delight .

Pride comes before a……..

20 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Actually you’ve  hamistedly stumbled on a real Cricket connection there .Partick Thistle adopted their now famous Yellow and Red from the Partickhill based West of Scotland Cricket Team in 1935……Howzat !

…….pratfall.

”Howzat”, right enough!      😜

20 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

There are many things you can point at our club and laugh for at the moment, but a "gormless and gullible fanbase" is a very odd choice, given that in the course of last season over 1000 fans joined the Jags Foundation, and successfully ousted a dreadful chairman and board (who we were aware were incompetent) to get us on the road to fan ownership.  The fans were therefore neither of the things you claim.  Meanwhile, I think I am right in saying that Greenock have only recently achieved relative stability based on your sweetie prince writing off a couple of "millions" of debt?

You would be entirely wrong. Our fans formed an organisation that has grown to the point of taking ownership. The sweetie prince offered a 'deal' that would have taken control of the ground - and was sent packing by the overwhelming rejection of the fan group. We got the final deal through standing up to ownership - not through benevolence. The relative (and only short term) stability of our position has only been brought about by the support of our fans ownership model, the mostly very good work of the current board of directors, and an outside partnership (which is linked to our ownership model). It was a raging binfire when the Raes left. 

To portray it as the beneficiary of the former ownership is as stupid as claiming Partick benefited from Low's presence. You didn't disappoint. 

All in all, this thread is peak Morton in its desperation to score some points and wish to see a fellow smaller club liquidated.  It's cringe-inducing stuff from start to finish and maybe would have been better on your dedicated "We Hate Partick Thistle" thread on your own forum rather than making complete fannies of yourselves here?

You're the club with a mural inside your own fucking ground trying to fabricate a tragic rivalry with Morton. 

IMG-20230428-WA0000.thumb.jpg.d99a2f213c98662f6344579aeb49e64e.jpg

Fooling absolutely no-one in the cringe-inducing stakes then. Get back in your box. 

20 minutes ago, virginton said:

You would be entirely wrong. Our fans formed an organisation that has grown to the point of taking ownership. The sweetie prince offered a 'deal' that would have taken control of the ground - and was sent packing by the overwhelming rejection of the fan group. We got the final deal through standing up to ownership - not through benevolence. The relative (and only short term) stability of our position has only been brought about by the support of our fans ownership model, the mostly very good work of the current board of directors, and an outside partnership (which is linked to our ownership model). It was a raging binfire when the Raes left. 

To portray it as the beneficiary of the former ownership is as stupid as claiming Partick benefited from Low's presence. You didn't disappoint. 

You're the club with a mural inside your own fucking ground trying to fabricate a tragic rivalry with Morton. 

IMG-20230428-WA0000.thumb.jpg.d99a2f213c98662f6344579aeb49e64e.jpg

Fooling absolutely no-one in the cringe-inducing stakes then. Get back in your box. 

That was the the key game in our promotion to the premier league. Not something a morton fan will ever experience

Edited by ptfc. 22

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

I actually admire the Morton fan ownership.  Good on the folk who have made it happen and I hope your club does alright, even though there are some absolute roasters among your support posting on here.  I think you might just be spinning what happened a bit though, in that there was most certainly a debt write-off:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ambitious-morton-plan-wipe-clubs-21224052

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/17801818.2-5m-morton-debt-set-written-off-fans-deal-struck/

On your other point, the mural quite obviously celebrates the famous Craigen goal which confirmed our last promotion to the top flight on a great night ten years ago, rather than "fabricating a tragic rivalry". If the match and goal had been against Raith or Dunfermline or whoever then their club's name would have been on it.  No Thistle fan I know considers that we have a rivalry with Morton, and it's your side who has a dedicated (and tragic) thread on your club forum about how much you hate us, and all the reasons why.  I think we can take it as read that you and some of your pals loathe and despise Partick Thistle (although I'm sure not all Morton fans are so weird). Fair enough. Life's too short to keep batting back your level of simmering fury though - so enjoy your summer and good luck next season.

6 minutes ago, ptfc. 22 said:

That was the the key game in our promotion to the premier league. Not something a morton fan will ever experience

🤣 if you’re THAT psychic, did you see last Sunday’s  result coming too?     😜