Group H - St. Mirren, Arbroath, Forfar, Montrose and Cowdenbeath.

FT 4-0 
Non event second half. The subs that came on at half time aren't as good as who they replaced is really all we got from that second 45.
Oh well, we won the group and that's all that matters. Now let's never speak of it again. 

You don't want to be overly critical of the lower league side in these circumstances, but I genuinely have no idea what Forfar were attempting to do in that first half. Keeper was timewasting within the first minute, they had no midfeild of any description and seemed completely baffled by St Mirren switching play left to right, they never adapted to it at all.

St Mirren in the first half to be fair played pretty well. Strain was excellent, Taylor, Mandron and Baccus also performing very well. Second half was a training exercise, but should still have had at least another couple.

2 hours ago, GAD said:

You don't want to be overly critical of the lower league side in these circumstances, but I genuinely have no idea what Forfar were attempting to do in that first half. Keeper was timewasting within the first minute, they had no midfeild of any description and seemed completely baffled by St Mirren switching play left to right, they never adapted to it at all.

St Mirren in the first half to be fair played pretty well. Strain was excellent, Taylor, Mandron and Baccus also performing very well. Second half was a training exercise, but should still have had at least another couple.

Aye it was obvious that time wasting would come back to bite us in the arse ! 

just a shite day at the office for us . St mirren far too good . 

onto the real stuff next week 

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

No I mean did Forfar qualify for the next round of the Viaplay Cup? 

Oh right, sadly no but we were miles closer than anyone else in the county was from doing so.

Good luck with another season of having the lowest goals and wins in Angus though.

Forfar will do well in their league was impressed from what I watched . Ray always has his team organised you could see that today. Unlucky not to score hitting the underside of the bar. From my own team points of view quite happy but difficult to tell how playing against premiership opposition will work out. Good luck to Forfar really appreciate local people supporting their local team. St Mirren live in the shadow of the old firm sadly but thankfully we have a loyal support far and wide . Small yes but buddies none the same. 

21 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Forfar will do well in their league was impressed from what I watched . Ray always has his team organised you could see that today. Unlucky not to score hitting the underside of the bar. From my own team points of view quite happy but difficult to tell how playing against premiership opposition will work out. Good luck to Forfar really appreciate local people supporting their local team. St Mirren live in the shadow of the old firm sadly but thankfully we have a loyal support far and wide . Small yes but buddies none the same. 

Didn’t actually realise how close paisley is to ibrox until today . Geography not my strong point 

59 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Oh right, sadly no but we were miles closer than anyone else in the county was from doing so.

Good luck with another season of having the lowest goals and wins in Angus though.

Yet 2 leagues above you. 

it’s ok to want to be like us babe 

7 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Yet 2 leagues above you. 

You're right actually because I'm desperate to be complaining constantly about recruitment and fighting relegation battles while also averaging less than a  league goal a game.

Edited by ScottishLoon

27 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

You're right actually because I'm desperate to be complaining constantly about recruitment and fighting relegation battles while also averaging less than a  league goal a game.

Yep. What a dilemma to have as we sit high above the rest of the Angus teams. Enjoy your season defining win against us on Tuesday. We are getting ready for United on Friday. Enjoy Ochilview 👍🏻

21 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Yep. What a dilemma to have as we sit high above the rest of the Angus teams. Enjoy your season defining win against us on Tuesday. We are getting ready for United on Friday. Enjoy Ochilview 👍🏻

You literally played at ochilview last season too...🤣

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Yet 2 leagues above you. 

how was the dead rubber game today? back in the fish box you go

Nice to see the smallest League club in Angus get the glory of almost qualifying.

I fondly remember the days when our derby was against, Montrose, Forfar and Brechin.

It's a bit of a shame that we've outgrown Angus and have to go to Dundee to get a derby now.

11 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Yet 2 leagues above you. 

10 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

2 hours ago, Lichtielegend said:

Nice to see the smallest League club in Angus get the glory of almost qualifying.

I fondly remember the days when our derby was against, Montrose, Forfar and Brechin.

It's a bit of a shame that we've outgrown Angus and have to go to Dundee to get a derby now.

marvellous-ron-manager.gif.072c2d4d3ce0afa880d08b29361895fe.gif

On 29/07/2023 at 23:11, lichtie23 said:

How did the getting ready for the derby against Dundee United turn out?