League Cup Group E - Dundee, ICT, Airdrie, Dumbarton and Bonnyrigg

27 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Our defending in these games so far has been extremely concerning. We're shipping at least one total nonsense goal per game, and have managed to outdo ourselves by gifting three tonight

The two first half goal in particular were calamitous with Davidson and Devine being culpable.

That however wasn't the worst of it, Nicolson may or may not have been fouled but his pain was manifest and his exit was via a stretcher. Looked to me like his left knee and I for one hope his recovery will belie what seemed to be a serious scenario for the young man.

Positives were few but Billy's record breaking goal after he won and converted a penalty was as welcome as his expert play.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

The two first half goal in particular were calamitous with Davidson and Devine being culpable.

That however wasn't the worst of it, Nicolson may or may not have been fouled but his pain was manifest and his exit was via a stretcher. Looked to me like his left knee and I for one hope his recovery will belie what seemed to be a serious scenario for the young man.

Positives were few but Billy's record breaking goal after he won and converted a penalty was as welcome as his expert play.

It wasn’t a foul on Nicholson. He wasn’t touched at all, which was the most worrying part of it. Looks like he could have done an ACL.

9 hours ago, PB1994 said:

It wasn’t a foul on Nicholson. He wasn’t touched at all, which was the most worrying part of it. Looks like he could have done an ACL.

From where I was (admittedly, very far away), both him and O'Connor looked to turn sharply on the touchline, josh got away and the boy Nicholson possibly dislocated his knee. I'm only getting that from the way he turned, dropped and subsequently didn't move from that spot again.

Best wishes to the lad, a painful thing.

2 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Not wishing to take anything away from us, but ICT's goalie looked utterly useless at those goals. I presume he isn't normally first choice?

Great win regardless and hopefully ensures we'll get through.

Aye, he is very much the back up keeper thankfully. Don’t think it takes anything away from Airdrie at all. They played some very good football and it was a well deserved victory. We probably should never have been allowed back into the match but your players looked knackered which we took advantage of but they  still managed to keep battling to get the third late on.

Edited by PB1994

Fwiw on the game.

I thought we were excellent in the first half, some of the patterns of short passing got us round players and I to space very effectively. We also pressed ICT really well and intercepted passes numerous times, also Ballantyne had a great first half, thought he got the better of longstaff in the challenges out wide. Halftime obviously allowed Inverness to reset, shift a couple of bodies and come up with a new plan, which coupled with us starting to blow out our arse, meant they began to dominate, and deservedly got a goal back from a cracker of a strike. I cannot believe Rae wasn't booked for the length of time taken at goal kicks, however the ref 100% took this into account when playing injury time.

I was amazed todorov was still on the park at 88 minutes, he was done 20 mins before that! A few frustrations about squad depth, trying to walk the ball in when a shot might have been better, and the constant faffing about at the back when the pressures on, but I'll only revisit they concerns when it costs us (which could be ANY time!)

Looking forward to a new ground on Saturday.

Edited by ++Ammo - Airdrie++
Spelling.

Lack of any preview for tonight's Sons v Dundee game from our side. No idea if any of our missing players are back or if the knocks we picked up at the weekend will see us even shorter tonight. Its not exactly selling the game for travelling Sons fans. Still toying with the idea of heading up, but it's difficult to work up enthusiasm when nobody from the club seems to be able to.

Much stronger line-up for us than the one that faced Airdrie.

Legzdins back in goal, Robinson back up top, Beck in the line up and the two Mexicans starting. McGhee adding a bit more steel as well. Looking forward to it.