US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

Just now, BFTD said:

They've had some amount of feedback about small businesses, haven't they? It's her "immigrants did everything bad".

Small businesses used to be the battle cry of the Republicans even more so than the Democrats.

Its part of the fantasy that’s the American dream. 

Just now, carpetmonster said:

‘I have concepts of a plan’ might be the biggest f**king lie he’s ever told. 

I love how he seems to think you wait till you become president to actually form your plans.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Astonishing that he still won't admit that he was wrong about having innocent men killed for a crime they didn't commit.

He doubled down a few year ago and said even though they had been found innocent they should still be put to death.

Famously, Trump had no plan to replace the Affordable Care Act except to repeal it, which is why he was always voted down.

He's had eight years to come up with an alternative, and has none. That should tell people everything, but likely won't.

Incredible that many Americans think of healthcare as an aspirational aim that should be worked towards, including some who can't afford it themselves.

Everyone's leaving to Mexico to be with China, and I'll stop them with the tariffs that I don't understand, and Biden's wife, and it's all crooked, and, and...

Edit: he's gradually sounding more and more desperate. The value of preparation maybe ought to be becoming obvious, rather than just groping at spur-of-the-moment fever dreams. No doubt he'll walk off the stage convinced it was the greatest debate performance of all time, so many people are saying, etc.

Edited by BFTD

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Incredible that many Americans think of healthcare as an aspirational aim that should be worked towards, including some who can't afford it themselves.

They have an incredibly weird view on it. I’ve seen more than a few slag off the NHS and how bad it is, when they don’t seem to recognised that having kids can bankrupt them.

I had loads of illnesses and ops in the past 2 years. I worked out that if I was in the US, it would have cost me $60k plus, ongoing medicine costs which would be $561 every month. It’s utterly mad, I didn’t pay a penny on the NHS. 

Well that didn’t given Donald and Co the sound bites they wanted, but Harris certainly did quite well. Disappointingly Trump neither stroked out nor exploded on stage, but the overnight “Truths” should be absolutely bonkers. Cotton’s got an uphill task spinning this one.

Edited by TxRover

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Well that didn’t given Donald and Co the sound it’s they wanted, but Harris certainly did quite well. Disappointingly Trump neither stroked out nor exploded on stage, but the overnight “Truths” should be absolutely bonkers. Cotton’s got an uphill task spinning this one.

I must be behind here as still got closing statements to come.

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

They have an incredibly weird view on it. I’ve seen more than a few slag off the NHS and how bad it is, when they don’t seem to recognised that having kids can bankrupt them.

I had loads of illnesses and ops in the past 2 years. I worked out that if I was in the US, it would have cost me $60k plus, ongoing medicine costs which would be $561 every month. It’s utterly mad, I didn’t pay a penny on the NHS. 

Aye, I've done that arithmetic too. You'll occasionally get roasters here claiming that they'd be so much better off if healthcare was privatised because their private health insurance doesn't cost them much; they've no idea how much the existence of the NHS keeps their premiums down.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Well that didn’t given Donald and Co the sound bites they wanted, but Harris certainly did quite well. Disappointingly Trump neither stroked out nor exploded on stage, but the overnight “Truths” should be absolutely bonkers. Cotton’s got an uphill task spinning this one.

He told her to shut up, though. Libs owned, end of story!

1 minute ago, dirty dingus said:

I must be behind here as still got closing statements to come.

Nope, I was going off the actions already happening by Trump’s team. They’ve already started spinning what they clearly See as a loss. He’s been suckered into responding to her jabs as well.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Aye, I've done that arithmetic too. You'll occasionally get roasters here claiming that they'd be so much better off if healthcare was privatised because their private health insurance doesn't cost them much; they've no idea how much the existence of the NHS keeps their premiums down.

My premium per year, my payment PLUS what my ex-employer pays as part of my rare retirement health care benefit, is over $20,000 per year. And that’s BEFORE co-pays and co-insurance.

Edited by TxRover