US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

Looks like the pussy doesn’t want to get grabbed anymore. 

Looks like he was claiming that he'd won the debate bigly, people are saying it was the best performance ever, 70, 80, 90, even 110% of people thought he won, nobody's ever seen numbers like this, etc. It's entirely possible he's convinced himself that he's got it all sewn up and doesn't want to give Harris a chance of getting back into it.

In reality, America just watched a rattled auld fart yell at clouds, continually get slapped down for lying by all present, and was reduced to saying "it must be true, I saw someone say it on the tellybox" when pushed on one of his more obviously mental Facebook Da rants. If there's not at least a slight swing to the person who (regardless of policy or track record) at least looked like an articulate human being, it'll be a big surprise and his cronies will be begging him to get back out there and not just wing it next time.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Looks like he was claiming that he'd won the debate bigly, people are saying it was the best performance ever, 70, 80, 90, even 110% of people thought he won, nobody's ever seen numbers like this, etc. It's entirely possible he's convinced himself that he's got it all sewn up and doesn't want to give Harris a chance of getting back into it.

I dunno. Apparently Miss Lindsey was giving it ‘disaster’ last night, and while Trump has no respect for him, he does know that Lindsey is a lickspittle who exists only to say yes massa, no massa, massa is a good massa. If it went badly enough that Graham temporarily forgot his lips-on-hoop detail, then that’ll have to p***k what’s left of his questioning mind, even if only a little. 

12 minutes ago, BFTD said:

In reality, America just watched a rattled auld fart yell at clouds, continually get slapped down for lying by all present, and was reduced to saying "it must be true, I saw someone say it on the tellybox" when pushed on one of his more obviously mental Facebook Da rants. If there's not at least a slight swing to the person who (regardless of policy or track record) at least looked like an articulate human being, it'll be a big surprise and his cronies will be begging him to get back out there and not just wing it next time.

He’s been getting told for weeks to go out on to the debate stage and stick to policy.  He’s incapable of doing it and anyone who thinks he’d do it if he gets another shot is seriously deluded.

Everyone knows the definition of insanity.

4 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

According to the crazy shitlibs Jill Stein is a Russian asset. 

The Greens certainly don’t seem like any kind of convincing political party. Who do they run? The odd senate candidate, and then Stein pops up every four years. Chicago has at least 3 DSA Aldermen, so if they want to be a party that offers an option left of the Democrats, I don’t get why they don’t run here. They’d likely get a few wards and have a say in the running of the city. They’ve had candidates in other parts of the state, but never ran one in the most progressive part of it. I don’t get it at all. 

4 minutes ago, bigmarv said:

What do we think was she going to say? 

I’ll go with “fukking piece of shit” myself: 

She had a couple of moments that I thought were quite impressive, besides generally keeping her shit together and remaining calm while sticking to what she wanted to get across. One was that, where she did a good job of seeming like she was actually morally outraged while delivering what was surely a coded f-bomb that had been rehearsed.

2 minutes ago, bigmarv said:

T’was the pesky fact checking thing what done it 🤪

https://apple.news/AIr58gkoRQBWbxwV5k1hm7A

Millions of immigrant criminals eating your cats and dogs! Higher crime than there's ever been! Americans can't afford to eat eggs anymore! They're killing their babies in blue states! Schools are doing transgender operations on your kids! The Democrats wanted Rowe v Wade to be overturned! She's a Marxist! I have so much evidence that the 2020 election was rigged, and the courts are about to agree with me! Israel will cease to exist within two years!

...what, you've picked me up on a couple of my lies, but allowed her to quote my words without saying that I claim I was talking about something else? This is a fix, it was rigged from the start!

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

One of the weirdest ones was Kamala 's plan to surgically transgender illegal immigrants in prison.

“She doesn’t have any plans”

“She plans to do bad stuff” 

“I have the concept of a plan” 

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

He's spent his entire life living in a world where he can just say whatever he wants and never have to face the fact that it isn't true. The cushioning effect of wealth.

Yeah very much this. Although the wealth plays a part here, I think many folk will recognise someone, a boss or a family member, who hasn't been told 'No you're wrong, shut the f**k up' for a very, very, very long time.

The Musk tweet afterwards is a prime example. Not a single person in his orbit able to pull him aside and say 'what the f**k are you doing here?, you sound like a massive creep'

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

The Greens certainly don’t seem like any kind of convincing political party. Who do they run? The odd senate candidate, and then Stein pops up every four years. Chicago has at least 3 DSA Aldermen, so if they want to be a party that offers an option left of the Democrats, I don’t get why they don’t run here. They’d likely get a few wards and have a say in the running of the city. They’ve had candidates in other parts of the state, but never ran one in the most progressive part of it. I don’t get it at all. 

The Greens here are not the Greens of Europe - they're all conspiracy minded nut-jobs and Stein is a Russian asset.

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

One of the weirdest ones was Kamala 's plan to surgically transgender illegal immigrants in prison.

I genuinely didn't understand that part, like my brain just switched off for a minute. It felt like he just rattled off a few buzzwords of things that he didn't like/understand.

Just watching that back. What a wild couple of minutes. Starting with "my dad was a Brooklyn builder" to describe a man who worked in his parents' real-estate business was a hilarious enough start.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

I genuinely didn't understand that part, like my brain just switched off for a minute. It felt like he just rattled off a few buzzwords of things that he didn't like/understandJust watching that back. What a wild couple of minutes. Starting with "my dad was a Brooklyn builder" to describe a man who worked in his parents' real-estate business was a hilarious enough start.

He said illegal ‘aliens’ rather than illegal ‘immigrants’. A small difference but perhaps a notable one, given he’s mates with Lil Wayne who bears more than a passing resemblance to ET in drag. 

IMG_4515.webp