US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

3 minutes ago, bigmarv said:

It’s got to be the BS about who’s to blame for the border issues in AZ thats got Trump so far ahead. Especially given that the open Senate seat is comfortably polling in favor of the Democrat. 

Its mental how folk just ignore how the Republicans scuttled the border deal back in Feb to help out their cult leader. Plenty Republicans worked for three months putting that bill together, for what? To sit back and watch it get flushed down the toilet for the sake of dodgy Don. 

It's almost like many of them aren't bothered about border issues at all, and just want an excuse to (again) vote for the open racist. Most people in AZ will be well aware that their Hispanic neighbours aren't any more likely to commit crime than they are, especially the undocumented immigrants. Plenty of them are concerned with Caucasians making up less than 50% of the state's population, however. Your guess is as good as mine with regard to why, but melanin levels are massively important to some people.

Kari Lake going into politics still makes me laugh, as someone who knew of her as an airhead news anchor from twenty years back. It's amusing to think that she was presumably a seething fascist even back then.

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

It's almost like many of them aren't bothered about border issues at all, and just want an excuse to (again) vote for the open racist. Most people in AZ will be well aware that their Hispanic neighbours aren't any more likely to commit crime than they are, especially the undocumented immigrants. Plenty of them are concerned with Caucasians making up less than 50% of the state's population, however. Your guess is as good as mine with regard to why, but melanin levels are massively important to some people.

Kari Lake going into politics still makes me laugh, as someone who knew of her as an airhead news anchor from twenty years back. It's amusing to think that she was presumably a seething fascist even back then.

I read 39% of latino voters are for trump, is that correct?

6 hours ago, bigmarv said:

MI, PA & WI get harris to 270 and the win. Add the Brucey bonus of Nevada and she skooshes it 276-262. She’s ahead in all four by a decent amount, PA being the closest. 

I reckon we will see some major skullduggery by Trump minions in PA after the loss, claiming the same old shit as last time. 

Are you sure about that?

Most of the latest swing state polls have been going in Trump’s direction.

I know thst the NYT did point out many were from GOP funded sources and cast doubt on their reliability - is there evidence to back this up?

35 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Are you sure about that?

Most of the latest swing state polls have been going in Trump’s direction.

I know thst the NYT did point out many were from GOP funded sources and cast doubt on their reliability - is there evidence to back this up?

I believe most are saying he is prepping the ground for the "stolen election" cries by releasing these polls as some are internal polling 

I was listening to this podcast

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0023y99

There was a lady on it who had become pro-Palestine since a doxing incident. She said he had become radicalised in a good way. The thing that caught my attention was that she was voting Stein Green Party  because  of that. I would assumed she was most likely a democrat before this and would have voted Harris.

Do you think theres a lot like her and I may be wrong but showing disagreement with the Dems is fine but doing it in the election and giving Trump more chance of winning seems more likely to make things worse?

Edited by ScotiaNostra

I was thinking about that recently, I seriously don't know if I could hold my nose and vote for the Democrats. Their position on Palestine is utterly inhuman, and the cosying up to the Republicans and shifting more to the right (very similar to Labour in this country) is not something I could endorse personally.

Just now, Mr. Brightside said:

I was thinking about that recently, I seriously don't know if I could hold my nose and vote for the Democrats. Their position on Palestine is utterly inhuman, and the cosying up to the Republicans and shifting more to the right (very similar to Labour in this country) is not something I could endorse personally.

but what would happen to Gaza, Lebanon under Trump? 

1 minute ago, Mr. Brightside said:

The same thing that is happening anyway?

true but long term would a Trump administration not be be worse for Gaza and the west bank ? I presume it would be far worse in long term but maybe Im wrong which is why Im asking

Edited by ScotiaNostra

Just now, carpetmonster said:

Trump's quote on it was that he'd give Israel the weapons to 'finish the job'. 

Thats what was making me think why would you not for Dems when the alternative could be far far worse for Gaza and West bank over the next decade with no hope. 

I was thinking also that if anyone outside usa is trying to influence the election, then these sort of voters would seem potentially easy to influence

4 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

Thats what was making me think why would you not for Dems when the alternative could be far far worse for Gaza and West bank over the next decade with no hope. 

I was thinking also that if anyone outside usa is trying to influence the election, then these sort of voters would seem potentially easy to influence

Actually the whole thing was a bit more rambling and ended a bit more ambiguous - https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/04/politics/trump-israel-comments/index.html - but if we're going by previous form, it's kinda hard to swallow that the guy who moved the Embassy to Jerusalem and tried to have all Muslims banned from entering the US will give much of a shit about the plight of the Palestinians. 

ETA - I also think you're right in both cases. The average American couldn't point out Israel on a map, and it's very notable that the voices berating the US (both internally and outwith) for shunting billions at Zelenskyy have literally nada to say about Bibi being given whatever his evil little heart desires. 

Edited by carpetmonster

2 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

Which type of voters and influenced by whom?

It could be any voter but in this example it would be normally Dem voters who are opposed to current US policy in Israel/Palestine and for by whom,  I guess i really mean by anyone or group inside or outside of USA whos trying to influence the election by online targetting of specific groups of voters

when its such a tight race small influences could swing it

Edited by ScotiaNostra