US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

23 minutes ago, bigmarv said:

1. Harris has been running on vibes and has failed to articulate a clear vision for the country. It might have been a good strategy if the “fundamentals” favored her, but they don’t.

He typed this with a straight face?

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

1. Harris has been running on vibes and has failed to articulate a clear vision for the country. It might have been a good strategy if the “fundamentals” favored her, but they don’t.

Aye, because Arnold Palmer's dick is definitely dealing with the fundamentals. 

30 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

The recent polling is a worry. I have no idea why Trump is in the ascendancy right now. 

What has he or she done to cause this? 

7 minutes ago, bigmarv said:

The recent polling is a worry. I have no idea why Trump is in the ascendancy right now. 

Honestly, I’m not bothering with the polls. The GOP are flooding the zone with bullshit and anyone (by which I mean Nate) who takes Rasmussen as anything other than a Trumpist’s w**k fantasy needs sectioning. Remember the ‘red wave’ in 2022? 

Drill down a little further into demographics and approval ratings. Biden got 84% of the Black vote and that hasn’t dropped. Meanwhile Trump’s approval rating with white women - who probably got him it in 2016 - has dropped from +6 to +1. It’s all dependent on turnout; if it’s high then Harris wins. 

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Honestly, I’m not bothering with the polls. The GOP are flooding the zone with bullshit and anyone (by which I mean Nate) who takes Rasmussen as anything other than a Trumpist’s w**k fantasy needs sectioning. Remember the ‘red wave’ in 2022? 

Drill down a little further into demographics and approval ratings. Biden got 84% of the Black vote and that hasn’t dropped. Meanwhile Trump’s approval rating with white women - who probably got him it in 2016 - has dropped from +6 to +1. It’s all dependent on turnout; if it’s high then Harris wins. 

Early voting starts tomorrow here. I’ll be getting it done on way home from work tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, bigmarv said:

Early voting starts tomorrow here. I’ll be getting it done on way home from work tomorrow. 

Well in. Not for me this time, but I’m halfway thru my citizenship application - which I’d like to be in before the election, just in case - and processing time at the moment seems to be about 5 months. 

The pollsters have an interest in portraying the election as being on a knife edge. Elmo is pushing dribble everywhere he can because he’ll be working a President Vance from the back. There’s a whole media ecosystem sanewashing Trump - the NYT today described his tales of Arnie’s schlong last night as ‘golf stories’. Back in reality, I honestly think Kamala wins it fairy handily. 

I am torn. 

Do I want a Harris landslide to see his toys be thrown out the pram or to lose the electoral college by a few votes to see his head explode?

Or maybe he wins the popular vote but is beaten in the college vote, leading him to shout "fix" and storm the capitol again.

13 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

I am torn. 

Do I want a Harris landslide to see his toys be thrown out the pram or to lose the electoral college by a few votes to see his head explode?

Or maybe he wins the popular vote but is beaten in the college vote, leading him to shout "fix" and storm the capitol again.

There's almost no chance he'll win the popular vote and if he did, he'd win the electoral college pretty handily.

2 hours ago, bigmarv said:

Are there really people who were planning to vote for Harris but are now so impressed with Trump's incoherent rambling that they have changed their mind?