US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

Given how tight 2024 could be I cannot help but feel Biden will suffer from his family issues, and in particular his unwillingness to acknowledge his seventh grandchild.

It seems to be playing badly right across the political spectrum including staunch Biden supporters who think it clashes with his supposed compassionate Catholic outlook.  I cannot see any support for him on this issue and there doesn’t seem to be anyone in his inner circle that can persuade him of the incredibly bad optics.

Maybe family matters are off the agenda for his advisers.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Given how tight 2024 could be I cannot help but feel Biden will suffer from his family issues, and in particular his unwillingness to acknowledge his seventh grandchild.

It seems to be playing badly right across the political spectrum including staunch Biden supporters who think it clashes with his supposed compassionate Catholic outlook.  I cannot see any support for him on this issue and there doesn’t seem to be anyone in his inner circle that can persuade him of the incredibly bad optics.

I don't know the circumstances but it could be awkward for Biden to acknowledge his grandchild if his son doesn't, for whatever reason.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't know the circumstances but it could be awkward for Biden to acknowledge his grandchild if his son doesn't, for whatever reason.

I wouldn't worry too much about such mundane matters.

Just wait till the Republican-minded start to grapple with whether or not those pesky extra-terrestrials (that Congress is now so alarmed about) have been saved by Jesus, or if they should make space travel a priority so that missionaries can spread "the word". They'll have to do something quick in case any other religion gets the chance to convert them first.

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He could tell his fuckwit son to man up and accept his responsibilities.  He’s an entitled p***k.

26 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Donald Trump, teetotaler, then aged 74.

Joe Biden, teetotaler, then aged 79.

Mick Jagger, tried every drug under then sun, then aged 79.

Can’t make Jagger President, he’d pardon Donald Trump.

Spoiler

Sympathy For The Devil

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Can’t make Jagger President, he’d pardon Donald Trump.

Hide contents

Sympathy For The Devil

I get the joke mate but they actually hate Trump.

When he was promoting them in The States in 1989 he had some posters produced that looked something like this:

DONALD TRUMP

PRESENTS

THE ROLLING STONES

They went apeshit and tried to get the contract cancelled.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

On 27/07/2023 at 09:24, Granny Danger said:

Good to know that Joe’s political advisors read my posts…

President Joe Biden acknowledges seventh grandchild for first time

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66347362

RFK Jr. reaching out to the Nazis, on the sly with this tweet:

“Typical turnaround time for pro forma protection requests from presidential candidates is 14-days. After 88-days of no response and after several follow-ups by our campaign, the Biden Administration just denied our request. Secretary Mayorkas: “I have determined that Secret Service protection for Robert F Kennedy Jr is not warranted at this time.”

Our campaign’s request included a 67-page report from the world’s leading protection firm, detailing unique and well established security and safety risks aside from commonplace death threats.”

Why 14 days and 88 days? The “Fourteen Words” so beloved of the Reich Wing (“We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white childrenl) and “Heil Hitler” (H being the 8th letter of the alphabet). Both are Nazi dogwhistles, and will be celebrated as rubbing the Democrats nose in it, on the sly. Normal people would say two weeks and (nearly) three months.

Isn't Pence running for President now?

It's easy to think he's finally displaying a backbone and some decency about the guy who left him swinging in the wind at the hands of a literal lynch mob, but the truth is that he'd still be totally silent about Trump if he didn't have something to gain from his downfall. He'd probably also have refused to certify the 2020 results if he'd thought there was the remotest chance that it would've accomplished anything.

10 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Isn't Pence running for President now?

It's easy to think he's finally displaying a backbone and some decency about the guy who left him swinging in the wind at the hands of a literal lynch mob, but the truth is that he'd still be totally silent about Trump if he didn't have something to gain from his downfall. He'd probably also have refused to certify the 2020 results if he'd thought there was the remotest chance that it would've accomplished anything.

I don’t think Trump will win in 2024 but it is possible.  There are literally hundreds of Republicans, in elected office and not, who are shit scared to cross Trump in case he does win.  His actions during the previous Presidency will fade into insignificance if he’s elected again.  He’s a vindictive man and will (to use a word he and his cronies love) weaponise the Presidency to seek retribution on those he thinks have crossed him.

On a different note, a second four years of Trump would have devastating consequences outwith the USA and it will be interesting to see which European leaders, if any, would be prepared to stand up to him.

29 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t think Trump will win in 2024 but it is possible.  There are literally hundreds of Republicans, in elected office and not, who are shit scared to cross Trump in case he does win.  His actions during the previous Presidency will fade into insignificance if he’s elected again.  He’s a vindictive man and will (to use a word he and his cronies love) weaponise the Presidency to seek retribution on those he thinks have crossed him.

On a different note, a second four years of Trump would have devastating consequences outwith the USA and it will be interesting to see which European leaders, if any, would be prepared to stand up to him.

His weird obsession with Vladimir Putin should automatically disqualify him from running again IMO.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Literally polling neck and neck vs Biden, 43% to 43%. Part of the problem is where the votes come from, and the Electoral College (see graphic at top of page). There are honestly just between 5 and 8 states contested, plus two electoral votes in Maine and Nebraska.

Edited by TxRover

That graph really underlines the split between the liberal coastal states and cities and the rest of the country.

A lot will depend on Trump getting the nomination as he'll drive turnout on both sides. 

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I don't think Trump will win either but what I do think is that the manifold legal challenges facing him and/or an electoral failure could result in an utter firestorm of violence on American soil.

11 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I don't think Trump will win either but what I do think is that the manifold legal challenges facing him and/or an electoral failure could result in an utter firestorm of violence on American soil.

I disagree.  Any further attempts at violence will be quelled much quicker and with far greater severity than before.  There will be many individuals in law enforcement who are Trump supporters but collectively they will not allow a repeat of January 6th.

39 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

We can only hope.