Group C -Livingston, Hamilton, Cove Rangers, Clyde and Brechin

16 hours ago, greendot said:

Clyde fans having a meltdown in their league two thread and how brechin were beyond dreadful :lol:

There were a few we could hear on the stream last night having a real swearfest all through the game. The commentator made an apology for it early on then obviously just gave up . 🤣

Interesting final group fixture on Saturday then, a win should see us qualify for the knockout stages, 10pts and double figures GD would be good enough as a best 2nd place team. Accies will need a win to be group winners, but a win for Cove could see them go through as a 2nd placed team on 9pts. Knowing us we'll draw, and have the nail biter pen shoot out, needing to win it, but which we are hopeless at.

21 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Interesting final group fixture on Saturday then, a win should see us qualify for the knockout stages, 10pts and double figures GD would be good enough as a best 2nd place team. Accies will need a win to be group winners, but a win for Cove could see them go through as a 2nd placed team on 9pts. Knowing us we'll draw, and have the nail biter pen shoot out, needing to win it, but which we are hopeless at.

You can literally pick any number of goals for your team to score and they'll manage it. We are, by some distance, the worst team in the competition.

A couple of our players will no doubt be interested in the pie mentioned earlier.

On 26/07/2023 at 12:22, Moorie said:

Thought you played well on Saturday and were in lucky not to get something from it. 
good chance challenge for the HL again 

I thought we were terrible against Brechin but it seems like they've caused problems against every non-Premiership side. 

6 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Will Livi stream the game on Saturday? 

I don't think we offer PPV but there will be a 'stream' available on the usual sites I'd imagine. 

There's nothing showing on upcoming events for our PPV service

42 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I don't think we offer PPV but there will be a 'stream' available on the usual sites I'd imagine. 

There's nothing showing on upcoming events for our PPV service

Have there been streams available for the other games in this competition? I went hunting and couldn't find any last week

4 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Have there been streams available for the other games in this competition? I went hunting and couldn't find any last week

No, not sure on the home one but I was sat under the commentary booth are there were live comms from LiviTV for the game. Based on that I'd assume we're running live games for a 'foreign' audience. Or anyone with a VPN.

50 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

No, not sure on the home one but I was sat under the commentary booth are there were live comms from LiviTV for the game. Based on that I'd assume we're running live games for a 'foreign' audience. Or anyone with a VPN.

I believe it's just commentary. We did a highlights package of the goals against Brechin but nothing from the other games. Was hoping to see Stephen Kelly's first goal as it was apparently a screamer

Edited by Cptn Hooch

15 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I believe it's just commentary. We did a highlights package of the goals against Brechin but nothing from the other games. Was hoping to see Stephen Kelly's first goal as it was apparently a screamer

His second was a lovely finish as well. Disappointed at the lack of highlights for these games, not even getting the shitey ones from a terrible angle.

This is probably the best you'll get, has all the goals but not the best view, decent effort though:

3 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Cricket score incoming for Livi today.

Thought Livi were outstanding second half against us. Some absolute giants in their side along with a few technically gifted players. Scored some sensational/unstoppable goals. If they repeat that performance I worry Clyde could face the same fate as us. 

Cove likely to be without Fyvie and Yule again today. Both, by far, our best centre midfielders so a real blow. In fact they are our best 2 players in my opinion.

Mitch was training yesterday so might return after missing the Livi game where we were outclassed, especially second half. 

Interesting to see how we fair against a fellow L1 side who are tipped to be a title challenger. Accies undoubtedly have recruited better than us and will be favourites to pick up the points and get to the last 16.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Strange game. Pretty decent on the ball but the rotations are meaning that we sometimes have the wrong players in the wrong place when we lose it, and a few players are poor off the ball anyway. A bit cleverer decision making in the final third and we'd be ahead.

Well done Clyde for putting up a great fight against Livi. They thumped us with ease.

With 15 minutes to go we were somehow topping the group. Sadly Bully Wee couldn't hang on and we concede in the dying seconds. 

Good luck to Livi in the next round.

Unlucky Accies, rueing the missed pens as now can't qualified as Raith have better goals scored tally. Dundee need a 2 goal win to dash Rovers hopes.

Edited by CoveRangers1922