Group F - Killie, Raith, Pars, Annan, Albion Rovers

TxRover

A lot of the same problems as last year with Gullan as a very false nine making it very difficult for us to actually engage the Pars backline into doing some proper defending, but I do think the 3-4-3 is playing a big part too. The wing-backs are doing a good job at keeping Mullin and Smith looking over their shoulders and limiting their involvement. And the three means that even when Vaughan and Gullan do get properly forward, there's still a spare man. We needed something special and we got it. 

We've actually competed reasonably well in the middle without Brown and Matthews, but we do still look a little easy to run through. McCann is giving Scott McGill a torrid time, but McGill continues to not look out of place pretty much anywhere on the park. 

Looking forward to the second half. It's been a good game. 

Good entertaining 1st half. Disappointed to concede but good run and finish from both McCann and Easton. Well in this game, and was a bit concerned with the signings Raith had made that we would struggle a bit.

Half expect us to fall away a bit later in the 2nd half when subs need to get made and the lightness of our squad starts to show. At this stage of the season with time to bolster though, quite happy with what I’ve seen.

Draw is probably fair at half time. McCann's goal was lovely. Disappointed in our defence for the Rovers goal, although will need to see it back.

Been not bad for such an early in the season game.

Easton driving in left the defenders the same issue McCann did…risk the penalty or try to block any shot. Easton just did what we always say they should…didn’t go down and got a goal as a result.

I thought it was a rather torrid first half. Lots of aimless balls to no one from us while neither team created too much.

McCann's goal was lovely, Wee teams well taken after what was a bit of a break but deserved.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

I thought it was a rather torrid first half. Lots of aimless balls to no one from us while neither team created too much.

McCann's goal was lovely, Wee teams well taken after what was a bit of a break but deserved.

Both goals were outstanding individual efforts.

Wighton should have us winning here. Story of Wighton, that. He would be playing in the top flight if he had that wee extra impetus about him to get on the end of things. 

2 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Dylan ‘hard’ Corr is prolly go be hot and cold the games he plays hopefully Watson who been very sound can take him under his wing for pointers 

I get the feeling IM is happy with Watson/Corr for now…we’ll see.

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Dabrowski is going to have to either get much better at coming off his line, or get marginally sexier, or he'll lose his place as my favourite Rovers player. 

I suspect Watson will sort both Corr and Dabs pretty quickly.