Clydebank 2023/2024

16 minutes ago, beithboy said:

That’s the most ridiculous statement I’ve ever seen on here, for starters Clydebank have a squad of 24 players. Beith squad is currently sitting at 18 - 6 players of a difference.  That’s a third of Beith’s squad you are paying over and above what Beith have.    Clydebnks budget will be in the top 5 budgets in the league and will be a hell of a lot more than the budget at Beith.  I know a couple of ex Beith  players at Clydebank and they are getting paid more than they were at Beith.  

You can’t be reading much on here then.

You can pay more for 18 players than 24 players. Nobody comes to Clydebank for the money. Of that 24, 3 have been out on loan all season, 2 have just returned from 2/3 months away. There’s the first part of your savings right there.

Our board are very prudent when it comes to budgeting and spending. It’s hilarious they’re now being taken to task on this on here of all places. It’s £10 a year to join, sign up and see for yourself exactly what comes in and goes out.

Edited by not man of the match

49 minutes ago, southerner said:

Don’t agree you should only have the chance to go up in the current format if you win your league. I don’t recall one person suggesting this when Talbot were the highest placed club finishing second to Beith last season.  

I'dve been v happy if this had happened - however its not the current rules so it can't happen. 

Just now, Thejackdaw said:

So Nicky low left championship football not so long ago to chase the footballing dream at Clydebank 😅

He's on apparently 500 per week at Clydebank but it's nothing to do with the money .😅

Can you back that £500 a week up? Is everyone at Beith for the love of the game?

If you can raise then you can spend it, applies to all clubs. Others (and I’m not suggesting Beith so don’t take it that way) will risk the future of their club by spending what they don’t have, it will not happen at Clydebank because it can’t.

For anyone to suggest there is any sort of financial suicide being commited at Clydebank is ridiculous and as said before - the figures were there for all us owners to see in September.

2 hours ago, not man of the match said:

Beith are financially more fortunate than Clydebank.

This so far off the mark it probably suggests you have absolutely no clue of the finances at either club. 
23 k paid out in known transfer fees since the start of the season never mind the wages of Low,Little,Gallacher,McGonigle to name but a few.

Beith have spent heavily in ground improvement works over the last few seasons all self funded.

Not much change from 100k for lights is a  a huge outlay for any club at this level but then a good few licensed clubs have not had this cost as they are either in a council funded facility or had it paid by a benefactor.

Nice if you can get it but don’t mock clubs who are not in this fortunate position.

Keep kidding yourself on regards what Bankies are spending as it might make you feel better in May if the gamble fails and they don’t get up this season.

Edited by Lynchmob11

5 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

You can’t be reading much on here then.

You can pay more for 18 players than 24 players. Nobody comes to Clydebank for the money. Of that 24, 3 have been out on loan all season, 2 have just returned from 2/3 months away. Therems the first part if your savings right there.

Our board are very prudent when it comes to budgeting and spending. It’s hilarious they’re now being taken to task on this on here of all places. It’s £10 a year to join, sign up and see for yourself exactly what comes in and goes out.

And I suppose  you know the budget at Beith to compare?  Do you think they come to Beith for the money? Well I can assure you they don’t.   Clydebank will have a bigger budget than Beith, bigger attendances to start off with, more sponsors etc as you are in a bigger catchment area.   To suggest Beith have a bigger budget is simply ludicrous. 

2 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

Can you back that £500 a week up? Is everyone at Beith for the love of the game?

If you can raise then you can spend it, applies to all clubs. Others (and I’m not suggesting Beith so don’t take it that way) will risk the future of their club by spending what they don’t have, it will not happen at Clydebank because it can’t.

For anyone to suggest there is any sort of financial suicide being commited at Clydebank is ridiculous and as said before - the figures were there for all us owners to see in September.

I've got some very good contacts in the game who've never been far off the mark before  so they have my trust .

Just now, beithboy said:

And I suppose  you know the budget at Beith to compare?  Do you think they come to Beith for the money? Well I can assure you they don’t.   Clydebank will have a bigger budget than Beith, bigger attendances to start off with, more sponsors etc as you are in a bigger catchment area.   To suggest Beith have a bigger budget is simply ludicrous. 

I don’t know the budget, no. I am fairly confident though. Gate money means not a jot (seriously, add it up and work out the outgoings for both clubs) and our catchment is more of a killer because more folk lean towards the old firm. Beith have some great sponsors and the adverts all around the ground back that up - which is fantastic. I wish we had as many but I believe we are actually restricted because of the ownership model of Holm Park who also need to bring in funding as well as Yoker.

I have no ill feeling towars Beith. It’s a great place to go and very welcoming and appears to be very well run. I would have loved to have seen them take part and win the playoff but that’s been done to death. 

3 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

I've got some very good contacts in the game who've never been far off the mark before  so they have my trust .

Don’t we all. I wouldn’t comment on any individuals alleged wage though. I’d be stunned if any Clydebank player is on £500 a week or ever has since we reformed the club - the figures wouldn’t add up.

Edited by not man of the match

12 minutes ago, Lynchmob11 said:

This so far off the mark it probably suggests you have absolutely no clue of the finances at either club. 
23 k paid out in known transfer fees since the start of the season never mind the wages of Low,Little,Gallacher,Little to name but a few.

Beith have spent heavily in ground improvement works over the last few seasons all self funded.

Not much change from 100k for lights is a  a huge outlay for any club at this level but then a good few licensed clubs have not had this cost as they are either in a council funded facility or had it paid by a benefactor.

Nice if you can get it but don’t mock clubs who are not in this fortunate position.

Keep kidding yourself on regards what Bankies are spending as it might make you feel better in May if the gamble fails and they don’t get up this season.

Two fees from last seasons surplus.

Higher rental to account for said council funding.

Several self funded ground improvements.

Wages within budget for 20th season in a row.

If we don’t go up, we din’t go up. That’s football. There is no gamble.

4 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

I don’t know the budget, no. I am fairly confident though. Gate money means not a jot (seriously, add it up and work out the outgoings for both clubs) and our catchment is more of a killer because more folk lean towards the old firm. Beith have some great sponsors and the adverts all around the ground back that up - which is fantastic. I wish we had as many but I believe we are actually restricted because of the ownership model of Holm Park who also need to bring in funding as well as Yoker.

I have no ill feeling towars Beith. It’s a great place to go and very welcoming and appears to be very well run. I would have loved to have seen them take part and win the playoff but that’s been done to death. 

I agree that gate money is only part of the finances coming into any club.  But if your attendances are double or more than double than your rivals, that is significant. Also if you charge more for entrance that is also significant so you are going to have more money.  In Beith we have several buses Leaving for the old firm and bus for Kilmarnock as well to contend with, and in a town with only 6000 people.  

Just now, beithboy said:

I agree that gate money is only part of the finances coming into any club.  But if your attendances are double or more than double than your rivals, that is significant. Also if you charge more for entrance that is also significant so you are going to have more money.  In Beith we have several buses Leaving for the old firm and bus for Kilmarnock as well to contend with, and in a town with only 6000 people.  

We could all do with those buses staying in our towns.