Rutherglen Glencairn 2023-24

Because they are relevant to the three threads that Gerry posts them into. Not everyone reads every thread, I personally simply ignore threads that have developed in a way that doesn't interest me. Posting the highlights into relevant threads helps get views, which in turn helps us get interest in the club and sponsors.

Davie Brown does the same for his highlights, sometimes he posts them on four different threads, with just the goals first and then the full highlights again posted on the four different threads a day or two later. Nobody complains about that, just skip past them if you don't want to watch them.

Edited by glensmad

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

Because they are relevant to the three threads that Gerry posts them into. Not everyone reads every thread, I personally simply ignore threads that have developed in a way that doesn't interest me. Posting the highlights into relevant threads helps get views, which in turn helps us get interest in the club and sponsors.

Davie Brown does the same for his highlights, sometimes he posts them on four different threads, with just the goals first and then the full highlights again posted on the four different threads a day or two later. Nobody complains about that, just skip past them if you don't want to watch them.

His are the same, a pain in the bloody arse having to click on numerous threads just to clear them.

Another good result for us today, not many teams will take anything away at Drumchapel. Like last week we were slow out of the blocks and looked a bit wary of Drum, and found ourselves 2-0 down again after half an hour.

Then we started to play, and scoring in the opening minute of the second half set the tone. We were level by the hour, and only the post and some good saves at both ends stopped the game being won by either side. The game could have gone either way, but it would have been very harsh on either side to lose it.

it was a cracking game for a neutral to watch, I'm looking forward to Gerry's highlights. I might even watch them on all three threads. 😇

The video is ready for upload. I will wait till the morning in the hope the referee submits his report and I can get the Drumchapel substitutions, as I missed them at the game. Regardless, highlights will be early tomorrow, as long as youtube behaves, and it will be posted on 3 threads.😂 It was an excellent game.

"Win your home games and pick up points away from home", the old supposed secret to success.

Well so far, so good, two home wins, two away draws. We're playing some nice football as well, our fresh young squad are buying into the way Joe and Billy want them to play. We would have won today's game far more comfortably than 3-1 had it not been for a superb performance by Whitletts goalie Louis Kerr.

Some tough tests lie ahead though, our next three matches are against the current top three, Shotts Bon Accord, Petershill and Blantyre Victoria, in that order.

We go into them in a positive frame of mind, here's hoping we come out of the other end still with that mindset.

Edited by glensmad

I arrived at Hannah Park tonight anticipating a very hard and closely contested match, the 100% league leaders v unbeaten 4th place.

I was very wrong, as we effectively secured the points after 35 minutes, 3-0 up and it could have been a few more. We were excellent in that first half and scored some nice goals, Ryan McManus' goal is worth watching a few times when Gerry's video is published.

Second half we played a containing game, and we held our lead very comfortably. Shotts had a few efforts from distance, but Scott Law was never seriously tested.

So we move up to 3rd, only one point behind new leaders Petershill who come to visit us on Saturday.

This playing v the league leaders thing is becoming a habit. 🙄😉

Ok, so it's been not a bad week. 🙂

It's very early in the season, but we've started very positively, and our last two results have raised an eyebrow or two. 😯

Now it's a different pressure though, the last two games we've been playing against the league leaders and we've done the business with a bit to spare. Now we are the league leaders and we're the team that other clubs want to knock down, so we'll see how our young fresh squad copes with it. We've got a week to enjoy it for now anyway. 🙂

We weren't at our best today, and Peasy had a lot of the ball and territorial advantage in the opening quarter, but did nothing with it. We looked far more threatening when we managed to get forward and, when we took the lead for the second time midway through the second half, you could see it punctured Peasy's spirit. In the end KP McAllister saved it from being a few more than five as Gerry's highlights will show.

A wee word for Ryan McManus, who was terrific today. Three goals and two assists for our five goals, the easiest Man of the Match award to choose for a long time. Ryan was gutted to be left on the bench for the Scottish Junior Cup Final due to the tactics chosen, but he has responded in the right way by starting this season on fire, 8 goals in 6 games so far, and some belting strikes as well. Wait till you see his second this afternoon. 👍

Edited by glensmad

It's hard to gauge what size of support we will take to Penicuik, but the supporters bus organised by the club is full, and we expect a good number to travel in cars as well. Don't be expecting a support like the size of Clydebank or Pollok, though.

We are looking forward to the game, but it'll only come into our thoughts after Saturday's league match v Blantyre Victoria.

One game at a time. 😉

Edited by glensmad

Take big Mick O'Byrne wae ye, Peter...he scored a screamer against them...an absolute rocket shot fae at least four yards oot. They were feart fae him.

Oh,...and your support might not be as numerous as the outfits you mention, but they're much, much, more handsome 😀

16 hours ago, norwichbobby said:

Hi folks. Penicuik fan here. I hope you’re looking forward the the Cup game in a couple of weeks?  Are there likely to be a few of you coming through?  If you want any ideas about where to go before the game I’d be happy to help. All the best. 

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Our full focus is on what will be a very difficult league match away to Blantyre Victoria this weekend. Our concentration will turn to Penicuik at 4pm on Saturday. 😉

It's not often an opponent reaches out on to offer support and help ahead of a tie. For them to be told (twice) by the club secretary that they're not thinking about that tie yet is bemusing.