DEBRA - Graeme Souness charity swim

Apologies is this has been highlighted elsewhere and I have missed it.  GS was a divisive character as a player and manager.  However, you would have to have a heart of stone not to be moved by this cause.  

Graeme Souness: ‘We all take things for granted. I’ll try and be a better person’ | Graeme Souness | The Guardian

Graeme Souness is fundraising for DEBRA | Give as you Live Donate

He's been involved with the Debra charity for a while. As someone who suffers with epidermolysis bullosa I can attest to how horrible a condition it is and it's fantastic to see it being highlighted by Sounness and co. I believe Eddie Vedder is involved with Debra in the states and Tom Holland's Brothers Trust has been involved over the last few years. There was a fantastic film made back in the early 2000s, and picked up by Channel 4, called The Boy Who's Skin Fell Off. I think it's still available on demand and well worth the watch if you're looking for more understanding of how the condition affects families. The "boy" in question was actually a 36 year old man and a born entertainer who will make you belly laugh while watching it.

On 12/06/2023 at 23:36, Cptn Hooch said:

He's been involved with the Debra charity for a while. As someone who suffers with epidermolysis bullosa I can attest to how horrible a condition it is and it's fantastic to see it being highlighted by Sounness and co. I believe Eddie Vedder is involved with Debra in the states and Tom Holland's Brothers Trust has been involved over the last few years. There was a fantastic film made back in the early 2000s, and picked up by Channel 4, called The Boy Who's Skin Fell Off. I think it's still available on demand and well worth the watch if you're looking for more understanding of how the condition affects families. The "boy" in question was actually a 36 year old man and a born entertainer who will make you belly laugh while watching it.

That was a fabulous documentary.