Elgin City 23-24

9 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

He mabye never tried. I think all of us wrongly made that presumption that he would do that. Think it was a crazy risk to take in his 1st job to go with such an inexperienced squad. And it has back fired massively. It is a long time until January until anything at all can be changed. We could well be well adrift by then.

The point I was trying to make is that he didn’t have much choice because he/they were unable to recruit anyone else.

10 hours ago, cityloon said:

Don’t know if it’s just my Facebook but I can no longer find the clubs Facebook page 😂 is all the recents comments to much criticism for them to take

You seem to be right. Another shambles to add to the ever growing list. A total embarrassment on and off the park 

6 hours ago, afca32 said:

Almost 48 hours since that debacle and I'm still not even sure what to say really. The club is at an all time low.

Trying to decide whether our current situation is worse than when Robbie Williamson jacked it on the day of a game. I seem to recall us relying on a squad of teenagers then too..

15 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

Trying to decide whether our current situation is worse than when Robbie Williamson jacked it on the day of a game. I seem to recall us relying on a squad of teenagers then too..

I think this is much worse due to the consequences. Back then you could finish bottom and reset/go again. This season we are going down and we won't be back in my opinion which will lead to a lot of lost jobs ,finances etc. I don't know any of the board members personally and understand there is a lot of volunteers but we are an absolute circus off the park. Every other week something pops up to make us look even worse. For what its worth I also think the appointment of Barry Smith is another nail in the coffin. His previous 6 jobs have all lasted a year. That tells you everything you need to know IMO.

On 30/10/2023 at 08:39, Elgin Macca said:

You seem to be right. Another shambles to add to the ever growing list. A total embarrassment on and off the park 

22 hours ago, cityloon said:

Exactly just makes you think what the hells actually going on inside the club 

The rumours that Elgin wanted to go back into the Highland League, have followed your club for a few years now. The reason for this always appears to be the money for travel and the money that it costs to attract players from the Central Belt. With what seems to be going on this season, would Elgin fans say there could be truth in these rumours or is this purely down to poor running of the football side of the club but with a desire to still remain within the SPFL?

2 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

The rumours that Elgin wanted to go back into the Highland League, have followed your club for a few years now. The reason for this always appears to be the money for travel and the money that it costs to attract players from the Central Belt. With what seems to be going on this season, would Elgin fans say there could be truth in these rumours or is this purely down to poor running of the football side of the club but with a desire to still remain within the SPFL?

I don’t think any SPFL club would genuinely try to get relegated. I’ve heard a lot of non-Elgin fans say that we’d be better off in the highland league and while after Saturday I wondered if they had a point, I will never actively want us to lose games to get there. 

I don’t know what the solution is. No one does. All we can do is back the team from the stands.

I would say there is no truth in the rumours. A minority of fans looking through rose tinted specs harking back to the HL of the 70’s maybe and some from HL clubs salivating at the thought of the big club in the area getting relegated and then playing in their league. 

5 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I think the problem is that up in our area the highland league teams are paying silly amounts for some players and beating us a spfl team with the amount of money they have and im even sure ex boss Jack Ross at Rothes said the same trying to get players to Rothes from other highland league teams and I can understand in a way southern based players choosing lowland league instead of us as it’s closer to home and probably better for them money wise all we need is one of these Saudis or a English club for dual ownership as a lot of fans are fed up of our board as it seems there’s no ambition and it’s all kind of turned stale now 

10 hours ago, Bucky said:

Is the Elgin manager still in post after the cup debacle. Pretty grim for Elgin who I think dodged a bullet last season. The fall in income going into year 2 of the HL would be pretty drastic I would assume.

He’s only been there for about 5 games and signed a 3 year contract. Wise up.

25 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Given the position Elgin were in when Draper left, handing out a 3 year deal to a manager seems a bit wild.

*Cue Clyde handing out a 3 year deal to someone this week…

Maybe only way to attract him/anybody? I would think/ hope there is some get out clause in his contract when we get relegated. 

4 hours ago, 1993 said:

He’s only been there for about 5 games and signed a 3 year contract. Wise up.

Wow! Reminds me of when Rovers appointed John Brogan whose masterplan of bringing Juniors into L2 quickly evaporated. Rovers couldn’t afford to get shot. A 2-0 defeat to Fortmartine meant he did the decent thing. You might be praying for the same thing after games 6 & 7.