Elgin City 23-24

See the club are looking to recruit a new Academy Manager.

Interestingly the appointment will be chosen by the manager which I can't recall seeing at any club before. 

Have heard rumours at the game on Saturday that Steven Rattray is going to be appointed. With his link at Huntly Youth with the management team I am not sure if that is people just putting 2 and 2 together.

Supposedly Gal might be back with you on loan for the rest of the season. I rate him, think he offers some composure on the ball, has assists and goals in his locker and would be an asset for you.

He and Golding should have had far more opportunities for us. Hartley being Hartley though.

Screenshot_20240111_165642_X.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, afca32 said:

Think we have the maximum number of loans permitted, unless someone else is away.

Still haven’t heard anything about MacLeman so he may be leaving and thus freeing up a spot. I don’t think he played on Saturday 

MacLeman was on the bench on Saturday, apparently he had a knock. I think there's a decent player in there but he needs to learn when to release the ball, too often he takes on one defender too many. If we can bring in someone with a bit more quality I won't complain.

4 minutes ago, afca32 said:

MacLeman was on the bench on Saturday, apparently he had a knock. I think there's a decent player in there but he needs to learn when to release the ball, too often he takes on one defender too many. If we can bring in someone with a bit more quality I won't complain.

I definitely noticed early on he was holding on to the ball too long but I think it’s something he’s worked on, in my eyes he’s one of our most improved players from the start of the season

15 hours ago, afca32 said:

Think we have the maximum number of loans permitted, unless someone else is away.

Liam Harvey away back to Aberdeen probably paves the way for Gallagher returning?

Edited by CoveRangers1922

23 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Liam Harvey away back to Aberdeen probably paves the way for Gallagher returning?

Looks that way.

Harvey is off to Buckie permanently apparently which is a strange move. They must be chucking some of the Celtic cash about. I quite liked him but he's not featured so much recently so if we can bring in a loan who'll improve the starting 11 then great. I'm sure Harvey will bang in plenty in the HL and probably work his way back up the leagues.