2023-24 Challenge Cup

Buckets

47 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm pretty sceptical that it was quicker (less actual travel time maybe, but not quicker by the time you factor in waiting at airports and ferry ports), and it definitely won't have been cheaper.

It's different and an amusing story to tell. It's maybe even the best way if there's only a handful of people and no supporter's bus, but it's never in a million years the best way to do it if there is a bus or car available. I was back from Elgin in about 4.5 hours on Saturday night and that was in the kitvan. Car would have been under 4 hours. Stranraer from there is about the same as you just cut off the motorway and go down the coast instead of staying on and down to Moffat. Not a chance you're getting from Elgin or Dingwall to Stranraer quicker than that door to door tying up plane and ferry.

Aye I've always though that County fans to Stranraer story was always done so it could be just that, a story, making a point.  Dingwall to Stranraer can be done easily if someone bites the bullet and drives.  It's the exact same as going to Dumfries, or Gretna back in the day.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I was really referring to your claim that Wales is easier and cheaper to get to than Northern Ireland. Flying from Glasgow to Belfast for a Clftonville game costs about half of a train ticket to Gobowen, the closest station to TNS, and takes a fraction of the time. Of course a supporters bus to Wales would be cheaper and less hassle, but Inverness to Bala by train and bus takes at least 10 hours, flying to Belfast and back would clearly be much easier, and no problem to get there and back in a day.

Is it? Why can't they fly to Wales? Or are there no commercial flights to there from Inverness? Even if not, that's only a couple of Highland clubs affected. For any central or South based club it's going to be logistically easier to get to Wales than either Ireland.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Is it? Why can't they fly to Wales? Or are there no commercial flights to there from Inverness? Even if not, that's only a couple of Highland clubs affected. For any central or South based club it's going to be logistically easier to get to Wales than either Ireland.

Closest is Birmingham or Manchester, followed by train and bus. Much quicker getting to Belfast.

• 2 weeks later...

Disapointed that Brora lost out to Aberdeen B last night as i would have happily went up to Brora for our game but will continue to boycott the B Teams so will not attend our game against Aberdeen B. I usually go to any game Peterhead are involved in & only missed a couple in the last 7 years one of which was when we were drawn against Dundee B. Have not seen any attendance figures for these games this season but would hope folk have boycotted the B-Team games.

I was at Brora v Aberdeen Colts last night.  Brora were by far the better side, better all over the park.  A pity they couldn't finish a wank.  The young Dons created next to nothing, but my word they can take a penalty.

46 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Disapointed that Brora lost out to Aberdeen B last night as i would have happily went up to Brora for our game but will continue to boycott the B Teams so will not attend our game against Aberdeen B. I usually go to any game Peterhead are involved in & only missed a couple in the last 7 years one of which was when we were drawn against Dundee B. Have not seen any attendance figures for these games this season but would hope folk have boycotted the B-Team games.

Per the SPFL website, only 3 of the 11 games have attendances listed:

St Mirren B v Albion Rovers 363

Elgin City v St Johnstone B 478

Kilmarnock B v Bonnyrigg Rose 181 (🤣🤣)

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Probably wont but the only way to embaress the authorities into dumping B-Teams from this is for folk to stay away from these games. I will not be attending Aberdeen B v Peterhead and did not go to our game v Dundee B last year

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Brechin City v Hearts B 474 (from Brechin match report).

Surprised at such a high attendance . I did not go because it involved a B team, so also will not be attending the next round match at Glebe Park (Brechin v Hibs B).

On 03/08/2023 at 12:51, peternapper said:

Probably wont but the only way to embaress the authorities into dumping B-Teams from this is for folk to stay away from these games. I will not be attending Aberdeen B v Peterhead and did not go to our game v Dundee B last year

This tie is being played on the 15th at the home of Formartine which is around 10mins from my house, still will not entertain adding to the crowd. Hopefully we can get a win and draw a actual club in the next round.

Edited by peternapper

25 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

8/1 for Stirling Albion to beat EK tonight. I know The Binos have a cup tie against Aberdeen on Friday night and will surely be prioritising that, but 8/1 seems absolutely ludicrous. Anyone any idea?

There's a rumour that they're resting the first team so everyone's been lumping on EK, thus the current odds. But it's only a rumour, I'm going with Hills at 10/1.