Third Division 23/24

4 minutes ago, lokforever said:

Nice 2nd goal.

Big keeper threw one in against us too.

Ball boys at VoL?  Not seen that before

Pretty remarkable run of form from the top 2 in the league. Lanark clinched there promotion spot last week and it looks like the gow will do it this weekend and deservedly so. Bellshill on the other hand, the wheels have well and truly came off after a tremendous start. Looks like it could come down to goal difference for third place now. 

4 hours ago, bc57 said:

Nice 2nd goal.

Big keeper threw one in against us too.

Ball boys at VoL?  Not seen that before

VOL had a boys club at game, they walked out as mascots with team and some remained as ball boys, while the rest watched and joined the Ultras.

Good to see them getting the young ones involved and hopefully adding to their support in the long term.

47 minutes ago, JT88 said:

Pretty remarkable run of form from the top 2 in the league. Lanark clinched there promotion spot last week and it looks like the gow will do it this weekend and deservedly so. Bellshill on the other hand, the wheels have well and truly came off after a tremendous start. Looks like it could come down to goal difference for third place now. 

Bellshill seem to be doing their best not to get promoted, did the same not happen last year?

It will be a sore one to take if they don't make it. Threave are looking good but Lanark could do Bellshill a favour next Wednesday.

3 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Bellshill seem to be doing their best not to get promoted, did the same not happen last year?

It will be a sore one to take if they don't make it. Threave are looking good but Lanark could do Bellshill a favour next Wednesday.

They will be hoping Lanark dont win on saturday and that they need 3 points against Threave. Port have been on a good run themselves and wont be afraid of them either having already beaten them this season. 

The run the gow are on we deserve a promotion spot. I was also thinking we could maybe just catch Lanark but they have been relentless. Few of the gow supporters went to Bellshill hoping Lanark got beat. I have said on here before I think one of the Bellshill joint management will walk now I’m thinking (both). I have seen Lanark a few times this season they played completely different to what I have seen before they were very direct and difficult to break down they had a game plan. Bellshill yes had chances which when the balls getting swung in from 30 yards can happen. Im predicting a management change at Bellshill. 

Will be Threave's own doing if they don't get promoted.

Losses at home to Port, Finnart and away to Finnart after being in winning positions, plus tame home losses to Dalry and Vics earlier.

Any consistency and they would/should be competing for the title.

And yes I can be very harsh and unforgiving 

No matter what happens there are changes acoming at Meadow Park for next season. Club are wanting to push on with plan for domination of the WOSFL.

Only joking they are committed to the move fully and do what to see what their potential can be.

2 hours ago, JT88 said:

They will be hoping Lanark dont win on saturday and that they need 3 points against Threave. Port have been on a good run themselves and wont be afraid of them either having already beaten them this season. 

Actually, I suspect hope we win tomorrow and hope we have nothing to play for on Wednesday.

1 hour ago, TM1947 said:

The run the gow are on we deserve a promotion spot. I was also thinking we could maybe just catch Lanark but they have been relentless. Few of the gow supporters went to Bellshill hoping Lanark got beat. I have said on here before I think one of the Bellshill joint management will walk now I’m thinking (both). I have seen Lanark a few times this season they played completely different to what I have seen before they were very direct and difficult to break down they had a game plan. Bellshill yes had chances which when the balls getting swung in from 30 yards can happen. Im predicting a management change at Bellshill. 

We were surprised when one of our most creative players, Hendy,  was left out last night to accommodate the return of Sparky and that Lewis Meikle retained his place. Suspect however that Mgt knew it would be a battle on that pitch. and in the circumstances. Daryl and his team have been getting the results so no one is complaining.

I suspect we will revert to our more normal style on Saturday , having battered Greenock playing that way away only a few weeks ago.

8 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Pretty sure Bellshill started the sason poorly last year, think they might've changed managment during the season which

saw them climb the table and ended in 7th I think.

2 hours ago, bc57 said:

We were surprised when one of our most creative players, Hendy,  was left out last night to accommodate the return of Sparky and that Lewis Meikle retained his place. Suspect however that Mgt knew it would be a battle on that pitch. and in the circumstances. Daryl and his team have been getting the results so no one is complaining.

I suspect we will revert to our more normal style on Saturday , having battered Greenock playing that way away only a few weeks ago.

Watched the Gow amateurs for years they used to play Sparky & Lewis a lot in big games. What I seen on that wee park wasn’t a place for the faint hearted. I don’t know Hendy but the manager called it right they won. 

This caught me out, thought it wasn't being announced till season over. A popular appointment, an intelligent player and on field leader.

Threave Rovers are ecstatic to announce that current club captain Danny Dunglinson is taking over as manager for season 2024-25. Dunga is synonymous with the club and has built up a great respect and rapport with the club over a number of years. He is someone who the current group of players have huge admiration for and this will make the transition from player to manager seamless. Dunga is honest, hard working and committed and this fits the values of Threave Rovers Football Club. Hopefully the fans and the local community can get behind him and give him the best support this coming season. Dunga’s coaching staff will be announced in due course.

Glasgow United 4-1 Vale of Leven.

A season that showed so much promise comes to a disappointing end. But when you look at where we were this time last year, to be challenging for promotion until the last few games this season shows how far we've come. Time to regroup and come back stronger after the summer.

20240511_140004.jpg

As I sit here at hlaf-time in St.Marys Park in Kirkcudbright, it all comes down to Moor Park on Wed evening for the rearranged fixture to decide the final promotion spot.

Quite simply if Threave stop the Lanark steam train and claim 3 pts their 5 year plan of West domination stays on track, just.

With Lanark and Gow waltzing majestically on; Bellshill, Threave and VOL have done their level best to be gentlemanly and give the final spot to each other.

Oh it's Creetown 1 - 0 Newton Stewart so far in the Haig Gordon Memorial Cup Final. A game low on quality and any worthwhile action. But heho I have been warned about the South many a time by one and all.

Kello Rovers 1 Gow 3.

The Gow made it hard going for themselves in the first half. Kello played well, 1-1 HT.

Stepped it up a bit in the second half and ran out well deserved winners.

That's us off to the second division next year...yippee🍾

21 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Kello Rovers 1 Gow 3.

The Gow made it hard going for themselves in the first half. Kello played well, 1-1 HT.

Stepped it up a bit in the second half and ran out well deserved winners.

That's us off to the second division next year...yippee🍾

Congratulations.

34 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

As I sit here at hlaf-time in St.Marys Park in Kirkcudbright, it all comes down to Moor Park on Wed evening for the rearranged fixture to decide the final promotion spot.

Quite simply if Threave stop the Lanark steam train and claim 3 pts their 5 year plan of West domination stays on track, just.

With Lanark and Gow waltzing majestically on; Bellshill, Threave and VOL have done their level best to be gentlemanly and give the final spot to each other.

Oh it's Creetown 1 - 0 Newton Stewart so far in the Haig Gordon Memorial Cup Final. A game low on quality and any worthwhile action. But heho I have been warned about the South many a time by one and all.

We were told the Threave keeper is now away on holiday. Do they carry a reserve keeper or will they have to play the U20 keeper on Wednesday?

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

We were told the Threave keeper is now away on holiday. Do they carry a reserve keeper or will they have to play the U20 keeper on Wednesday?

Wright is already away I believe.

Last 3 games has seen Kieran in goal, he has been on the bench for most games this season. Don't know anything about him,sorry.