Third Division 23/24

Two good results for Lanark tonight.  Not surprised at either.

Gow will be gaining confidence that they will go up but Three's task has got harder.  

Big respect to the Gow, the pressure was on the to keep the momentum going.

VOL look out of it now, and Threave need to win remaining 5 and hope for results elsewhere to go their way. If Threave 'drop short' they can look back to that run of 6 games after SRCC defeat to Cumbie Colts.

8 points taken from 18, not the firm of a promotion team.

Big results also for Girvan and Kilsyth Ath.

Probably Kilsyth safe now, pressure on Ardeer, they do have the games in hand to surpass both Girvan and Port.

Big ups to Bailey and his young boys, still very much a young side not much experience in the ranks. So to almost be safe is a credit to all at the club.

Great win for the Gow last night showed a bit guts and determination. Me personally if Threave win the 5 games they will go up they will probably have better goal difference as well. As a Gow supporter I’m now wanting Lanark to keep winning and beat Threave. If they do that Bellshill & the Gow will go up with them. 

5 hours ago, TM1947 said:

Great win for the Gow last night showed a bit guts and determination. Me personally if Threave win the 5 games they will go up they will probably have better goal difference as well. As a Gow supporter I’m now wanting Lanark to keep winning and beat Threave. If they do that Bellshill & the Gow will go up with them. 

There are still potential thrills and spills ahead, it's why we love this game. 

And as an extra one of the reasons Threave joined the West setup, or so I've been told.

Not been to a Threave game for a few weeks, been going to SOS games, but will get you Meadow before season ends and will see how all are feeling whatever transpires in the next few weeks.

Busy tonight and tomorrow so thought I would get us back to football after all this talk about doctors and lux.

Ardeer v Gow

Bellshill v Dalry       

Threave v United

WPU v Lanark 

Kilsyth v Greenock

No meaningless match ups tomorrow.

Ardeer need points but can they slow down the Gow juggernaut. Bellshill off the back of 2 tough games against a Dalry team who are more than capable. Threave need 3 pts simples. WPU are Div 4 bound Lanark looking for the title. Kilsyth can confirm another season in Div 3 with a win.

It's quite simple if Threave dont win, it's over and only remaining question is who wins the title.

If I finish my stuff at Ringford might get along to Meadow, we shall see. 

Edited by An Absolute Imposter

Big win for Girvan wednesday night dragging themselves out the relegation zone. Gow on remarkable run of form, midweekers always throw up a few suprises im sure there will be plenty twists and turns yet. Big game for Bellshill they desperately need to bounce back tomorrow against a good Dalry side. 

16 minutes ago, JT88 said:

Big win for Girvan wednesday night dragging themselves out the relegation zone. Gow on remarkable run of form, midweekers always throw up a few suprises im sure there will be plenty twists and turns yet. Big game for Bellshill they desperately need to bounce back tomorrow against a good Dalry side. 

Aye that's true actually and it happens at all levels. Wonder why that is.

11 hours ago, bc57 said:

If my maths are correct, Lanark will be promoted if they win their next two games.

Well deserved if Lanark do it 13 wins in last 14 games is good going by any standard so fair play. I’m hoping the Gow can get another win today and also keep our fine run going. Sinky has done a great job and hopefully we get the derby game next season in the 2nd Divison.

Ardeer Thistle 1 Gow 1

Match abandoned after 55 minutes. Serious ankle injury sustained by Gow player.

Ardeer had upper hand first half, went 1 up.  Gow came out for second half with a point to prove, scored within five minutes.

Wishing the player all the best for his recovery.

45 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Ardeer Thistle 1 Gow 1

Match abandoned after 55 minutes. Serious ankle injury sustained by Gow player.

Ardeer had upper hand first half, went 1 up.  Gow came out for second half with a point to prove, scored within five minutes.

Wishing the player all the best for his recovery.

Seen it on Ardeer X. Pass on best wishes to the boy and that he has a full recovery. 🙏🙏

On 26/04/2024 at 22:43, bc57 said:

If my maths are correct, Lanark will be promoted if they win their next two games.

One down, one to go. 

I'm hoping they do it, as it will leave a little wriggle room for us over Threave, assuming we keep it up.

Best of luck for Wednesday and confirming promotion 

4 hours ago, Father Ted said:

One down, one to go. 

I'm hoping they do it, as it will leave a little wriggle room for us over Threave, assuming we keep it up.

Best of luck for Wednesday and confirming promotion 

I for one will be happy if we both go up as I always enjoy watching the games at Craighead Park.

I’m the same would like to see both up & wish Lanark luck on Wednesday. Looking at the way it could go if Threave win the Gow could need 5 wins from 6 games if Threave hit 57points with goal difference. Ideally Irvine could pull a result out the bag against Bellshill as well. One week they Vics play well and next they get hammered just don’t know which Vics team turns up.