Third Division 23/24

Gow 1 Ardeer Thistle 4

Poor show from Gow. On loan keeper had a debut to forget, although rest of team didn't exactly cover themselves in glory.

When we did get the ball down and play at a fast pace we looked good. It just didn't happen often enough.

Must do better.

15 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Threave Rovers 4-0 Vale of Leven.

A day to forget on the park today. But what a club Threave Rovers are. Fantastic set up and very well looked after all afternoon. 

20240113_133201.jpg

Very good set up down there.., including the pies and sausage rolls!

Lanark continue to progress since new management team started. 22 points in 9 games, scoring 18 and conceding 8 in that time.

Only Kello have scored fewer goals than us so far but, we only scored 4 in our first 5 matches.  However, we've conceded only 20 in total.

Beat Dalry 2-0 without both our first choice CB's yesterday. We should have won by more. Both keepers had some excellent saves.

Dalry had a man and a manager sent off near the end.  Their big number 5 needs to keep working at the acting classes, cause they are not working!

13 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Gow 1 Ardeer Thistle 4

Poor show from Gow. On loan keeper had a debut to forget, although rest of team didn't exactly cover themselves in glory.

When we did get the ball down and play at a fast pace we looked good. It just didn't happen often enough.

Must do better.

Poor show, we could be in trouble.

2 hours ago, bc57 said:

Lanark continue to progress since new management team started. 22 points in 9 games, scoring 18 and conceding 8 in that time.

Only Kello have scored fewer goals than us so far but, we only scored 4 in our first 5 matches.  However, we've conceded only 20 in total.

Beat Dalry 2-0 without both our first choice CB's yesterday. We should have won by more. Both keepers had some excellent saves.

Dalry had a man and a manager sent off near the end.  Their big number 5 needs to keep working at the acting classes, cause they are not working!

Brought him in to make sure Lanark don’t get relegated, now it’s fancy us for promotion but we don’t score enough. Problems, problems. Should have been at the Gow and everyone knows it apart fae the committee. Hope uses don’t go up.

4 hours ago, TM1947 said:

Poor show, we could be in trouble.

We could very well be, if form doesn't pick up. 

This result on back of Finnart game,both at home. Two for, seven against. Doesn't bode well.

The fact the league is tight now helps but anymore performances like those two and we could become detached.

4 hours ago, TM1947 said:

Brought him in to make sure Lanark don’t get relegated, now it’s fancy us for promotion but we don’t score enough. Problems, problems. Should have been at the Gow and everyone knows it apart fae the committee. Hope uses don’t go up.

Hardly problems. My point is that , despite our poor start we are collecting points and now scoring goals and without a settled team yet due to so many injuries.

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

We could very well be, if form doesn't pick up. 

This result on back of Finnart game,both at home. Two for, seven against. Doesn't bode well.

The fact the league is tight now helps but anymore performances like those two and we could become detached.

I thought we had turned a corner after the three points against threave with ten men, but last two home games have been very poor as you say. 

1 hour ago, TM1947 said:

I thought we had turned a corner after the three points against threave with ten men, but last two home games have been very poor as you say. 

You and me, both. We could be doing with a bit more experience and dig about the team.  We do have good players, just something not clicking from last season 

I'm sure big Sinky will address it.

On 13/01/2024 at 16:13, Craig fae the Vale said:

A day to forget on the park today. But what a club Threave Rovers are. Fantastic set up and very well looked after all afternoon. 

20240113_133201.jpg

Lovely chippy in Castle Douglas too. That stand sponsor. Queues to get a sausage supper last time I was there.

On 14/01/2024 at 07:52, bc57 said:

The big no 5, needs lessons on offside too. Some of the shouts from him for offside were ridiculous, in the games we've played against them. Although he wasn't the only one.

Their manager does tend to have a short fuse. Got involved with fans at Craighead. 

On 13/01/2024 at 16:13, Craig fae the Vale said:

20240113_133201.jpg

Bit of a surprise result, considering Vale's form. 

I think the only predictable thing about this league is its unpredictability.

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

Bit of a surprise result, considering Vale's form. 

I think the only predictable thing about this league is its unpredictability.

Was impressed by Threave when down there

51 minutes ago, bc57 said:

So, would I be correct in presuming that there are no food facilities at Kilsyth?

Need to leave earlier to suss out local options pre match

No grub at ground. A pie-less desert.

There was a snack bar at industrial estate that you drive by on road to ground, after you turn in off main road, a few hundred yards from ground.

Or a Lidl as you turn off main road..

59 minutes ago, bc57 said:

Was impressed by Threave when down there

I expected more from Threave at Craighead but we looked more comfortable and scored when down to ten men.

More of a proposition at home, by the sounds of it.