Third Division 23/24

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Got it in my head they were a Carntyne club, shows what I know.

They have certainly kept under the promotion talk radar, even if they just miss out this year, they are to be commended on how they have conducted themselves as a new club. Taken a bit of flak playing at the Park, but always seemed to have a plan in place, so glad City Council gave lease to a local side and not succumbed to any big names flashing money at them.

An example, to date, for any potential new senior clubs to follow. 

Let's hope they don't allow any Santa types in through the door with a bit of cash to throw around.

Do they have a core following, I know Kilsyth Athletic who joined at same time have a core of about 40-50 at home games and have a travelling support in double figures?

They'll get a support if they get the results.

On 07/03/2024 at 15:37, TM1947 said:

Where do you think Chucky will go to? Lanark have got themselves in a good position surprised Chucky has decided to leave is the cracks starting to appear I wonder. As far as the Gow are concerned we will need to go on a big win streak to go up 11 out of 13 which is some ask. Finnart it’s over if they get beat by the gow at weekend. Bellshill Glasgow utd Lanark vale of Leven Threave looking at the table 3 of them going up. 

There are no cracks. Him and Con are wanting a regular start it would seem, which on current form is not possible unfortunately.

Very sad that he has taken this decision.

Straightforward 3-1 win for Lanark against West Park. Should have scored a lot more and disappointing to lose yet another sloppy goal but the 3 points is the main thing, particularly when others around us are dropping points.

With between 7 and 12 games to play I'd say the 3 promotion spots are between Lanark, Threave, Bellshill and VoL,  based on current form.

Lanark have all 3 still to play, which could make or break us.

Greenock 2 Lanark 4

Surprised at how good the pitch was considering all the rain this week.

We were 1 down after 5 minutes and did nothing for the first 25 of this game. A stonewall penalty secured an equaliser and a nice move saw us score a send right on half time.

Greenock missed two excellent chances t get back in the game before 2 goals in 3 minutes put us 1-4 up.

We missed a number of chances but disappointingly lost a cheap late goal and a 2nd yellow to deplete our squad further. A rest week next week will hopefully help us recover from the flu and injuries that restricted our squad today.

Other results went for us, I'm pleased to see.

No game for Lanark tomorrow so intend going to Kirkconnel for the Kello v Finnart game.  There are closer fixtures but, I always enjoy my visits down there and the pies are excellent.

Got Kello in a couple of weeks so can call it a scouting mission.  I'll be rooting for the home team.

18 hours ago, bc57 said:

No game for Lanark tomorrow so intend going to Kirkconnel for the Kello v Finnart game.  There are closer fixtures but, I always enjoy my visits down there and the pies are excellent.

Got Kello in a couple of weeks so can call it a scouting mission.  I'll be rooting for the home team.

No pie at Nithside today pal, the game's off. 

On 11/03/2024 at 18:04, bc57 said:

With between 7 and 12 games to play I'd say the 3 promotion spots are between Lanark, Threave, Bellshill and VoL,  based on current form.

Lanark have all 3 still to play, which could make or break us.

Great result for The Gow away at Glw Utd. They are definitely right back in the promotion hunt now with games in hand.

Threave have made life much harder for themselves losing at home to Pt Glasgow.

Always prefer points on the board than games in hand at this stage of the season but I am sure The Gow will fancy themselves to overhaul the teams that have played 4 and 5 games more than them, at least. 

Glasgow United 2 Lesmahagow 3

Grinding out away wins, five on the trot now against good teams/promotion hopefuls.

Looks like new management team have a good formula and it's taking effect.

If we can keep up recent form,  we will be in the mix. Mon the Gow.

Edited by Father Ted

Enjoyed the Glasgow v Gow game, didnt think they'd turn it around, but once they levelled they looked the only winners. Utd defence caught out being too square, not tracking back on occasions. Looking at the tables id say 'Gow were in with a shout of being top 3 - look a decent side.

Looking at the league and games coming up. The Gow are right back in it. Vale of Leven have the points on the board that’s always good. The Gow have Vics next easy win, Threave difficult away & Bellshill hard if they come out this with 2 wins and a draw they then have a really good run of game coming up. Bellshill have a difficult run of games. Finnart need 5 straight wins to do anything? Threave won’t do it difficult away games coming, Lanark got good run of games coming up on paper.

prediction 
Lanark

Bellshill

Vale of Leven or Gow

Hes a young fit player he played with the Gow morning team. I have watched Albert and he was a stand out for me. I think Lanark midfield be too strong for him just now to break into but they must think he’s got something. 

I just seen a post on Bellshill FC Facebook. I’m I the only one reading that thinks the management team at Bellshill are for the high jump. l know they signed for next season but that means nothing especially if they don’t go up. Is it not joint managers at Bellshill but they needed Rab Sneddon to come in to give them guidance. I’m not taking nothing away from Rab I’m sure he’s done a splendid job as the team won 2 games with his guidance. The two co mangers must feel stupid with the Bellshill Facebook post and it also makes them look stupid. If that’s required someone in the existing team is not pulling their weight. You heard it here first someone is walking at the end of the season. 

30 minutes ago, TM1947 said:

I just seen a post on Bellshill FC Facebook. I’m I the only one reading that thinks the management team at Bellshill are for the high jump. l know they signed for next season but that means nothing especially if they don’t go up. Is it not joint managers at Bellshill but they needed Rab Sneddon to come in to give them guidance. I’m not taking nothing away from Rab I’m sure he’s done a splendid job as the team won 2 games with his guidance. The two co mangers must feel stupid with the Bellshill Facebook post and it also makes them look stupid. If that’s required someone in the existing team is not pulling their weight. You heard it here first someone is walking at the end of the season. 

😂😂 a will happily take any bet you want that the full Bellshill management team will still be in place next season regardless of promotion or not if you knew as much as you claim to do about Bellshill you would know that Rab has been involved with the team all season in training ect and was only brought onto the bench with the rest of the management team for a few games as one of the co managers was serving a 3 game touch line ban