Fourth Divison 23/24

22 hours ago, JuniorRaver said:

Any news of Division 4 being expanded next season? Or at full capacity now unless teams drop out?

It appears to be the latter with promotion of the WoS champion with no club relegated into the WoS from the LL being another way an opening for a new team could be generated. The fun and games start if the opposite to that happens and they wind up with 81 clubs but that's almost certainly not happening this season.

Interesting appointment, will keep an eye out as liked him in his time with the Saints.
Saw Giffnock v Maybole in cup and they were deservedly 3-2 up with 4 minutes left and should have won, but conceded two horrible goals defensively including late equalizer. Pens a lottery, think it ended 8-7 to Maybole.

One of their players dads told me it was same when they played top of their league, 2-0 up away and cruising with just a few minutes left then lost 3 carbon copy shockers in 4 minutes, equalised but in last minute subbed on midfielder tried to Zidane turn two forwards when last man and let them in to score.

Maybe if Barry can tighten them up at back and get them to stop committing defensive suicide he can keep them in hunt in their league. Young looking team so maybe they’ll learn or get an experienced big organising CB in. Cracking big old fashioned centre forward, real handful got a hat trick at Maybole, and a teenage midfielder looks a talent. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

Two weeks in a row Thorn fail to capitalise on Glenvale getting beat.

Was there yesterday, totally freezing and a fairly toothless performance from Thorn.

Really hope they up it and get promotion over the line.

Few injuries and the very small squad suffers I was expecting this to happen 

I'm more surprised at Glenvale though

St Peter's home derby v Glenvale also now "cancelled" not just PPd.

I think think we've seen the last of them.

Get ready to re-calculate the table with all their results expunged.

Any wonder the WoSFL now only wants to listen to applications from proper established Amateur clubs.

Hurlford United have already nipped-in to get use of the New Western Park plastic tomorrow, expecting their grass park to be unplayable.

14 minutes ago, LeedsPhil said:

St Peter's home derby v Glenvale also now "cancelled" not just PPd.

I think think we've seen the last of them.

Get ready to re-calculate the table with all their results expunged.

Any wonder the WoSFL now only wants to listen to applications from proper established Amateur clubs.

Hurlford United have already nipped-in to get use of the New Western Park plastic tomorrow, expecting their grass park to be unplayable.

They could say the players are on strike. Worked earlier on the season. I also think its over for them. My understanding was the U 20 were carrying on for the season but doesn't seem to be the case