First Divison 23/24

Great win for Kilbirnie today, two players off injured in the first 20 mins looked like a disaster waiting to happen. Good goal from Wilson. Kilbirnie’s front 3 were excellent and pressed really well to leave the Johnstone CB on the ball with limited options. Johnstone did dominate possession but never created much of note, that being said Johnstones no 6 is a smashing player. Another good watch today.

17 hours ago, outoftownballer said:

Great win for Kilbirnie today, two players off injured in the first 20 mins looked like a disaster waiting to happen. Good goal from Wilson. Kilbirnie’s front 3 were excellent and pressed really well to leave the Johnstone CB on the ball with limited options. Johnstone did dominate possession but never created much of note, that being said Johnstones no 6 is a smashing player. Another good watch today.

Some turnaround for the Blasties, they were dismal when we beat them 5-1 at Petershill in December, but they've gone on some run since then. So much so that they can now go above Blantyre and Buffs if they win their games in hand.

It's been a typically bonkers season in the first division, Buffs and Glencairn both took 6 points off us, but have had some dreadful results elsewhere. We've done the same, two great wins against Drumchapel, yet dropped points at home against Whitletts and Neilston.

On 17/02/2024 at 20:39, outoftownballer said:

Malky McDonald’s been one of our best players this season, easy. Been with us for a years and has really been outstanding this season, incredibly consistent and one of first names on team sheet week in week out. Well done Kilbirnie, deserved win. 

1 hour ago, The nameless tim said:

Have Kilbirnie left it too late to be considered for promotion ? Buffs & Drum seem to have tailed off with a couple of poor results albeit Drum have plenty of games in hand. Burgh still in a few cups which could hinder them. Too difficult to call in my opinion.

Personally I would say yes, but I'm also quite happy Peasy have played them twice and have the 6 points in the bag.

Always worth looking at points dropped when teams are all over the place in games played.

Shotts 15

Ashfield & Johnstone Burgh 16

Drumchapel 21

Peasy 27

Buffs, Glencairn and Kilbirnie 29

Blantyre & St. Roch's 30

Thorniewood 33

Neilston 36

Maybole 38

Renfrew 42

Cambuslang 45

Whitletts 53

Lots of games still to be played between promotion contenders, we have Shotts twice plus the Burgh away. We are fortunate in that we don't have any midweek games, that can always cause problems with player availability and fatigue.

My predictions at the start of the season

1 Drumchapel
2 Johnstone
3 Kilwinning
4 Renfrew
5 Kilbirnie
6 Petershill
7 Thorniewood
8 Ashfield
9 Rutherglen
10 Shotts
11 Neilston
12 Maybole
13 Blantyre
14 St. Roch's
15 Whitletts
16 Cambuslang

This was mine & I couldn't have been further off with Ashfield. Most likely to late for Laedside to get promoted.

1st - Johnstone Burgh

2nd - Kilwinning Rangers

3rd - Kilbirnie Laedside (Drumchapel narrowly missing out again)

14th - Whitletts Victoria (Ashfield & Neilston just doing enough to stay in the league)

15th - Cambuslang Rangers

16th - Renfrew

On 19/02/2024 at 15:21, Johnny Sox said:

I would say Peasie are defo top 3 and any 2 from 6 or 7 after that.

We're in a decent position but a long way from being "defo top 3". 3rd place had 56 points last year, we would need to win 5 from 7 to pass that.

11 hours ago, Johnny Sox said:

McGlinchy a great singing for JB.

Surely this squad will win the title?

Might help Burgh to win the title but will more likely see Beith lose their title, losing too many Quality players.

Kilbirnie won with relative ease today, the ref made the game closer than it was, Connelly and Black were both standouts. The good run continues. Kilbirnie were missing a few players today so it was a good day at the office. 

On 19/02/2024 at 12:22, The nameless tim said:

20 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.98fc4d3ff5200d06d8ebc6625e1d4941.png

image.png.4b73975f8efb52ccd00ee1a08b184f36.png

Big surprise doon Ayr

I'm not sure it is, Whitletts have beaten both Kilwinning and Rutherglen in recent weeks and from what I saw of the highlights, deserved at least a point against Drumchapel.  I think they'll run out of games to save themselves but I don't think many teams fancy playing them at this point in time.

15 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.98fc4d3ff5200d06d8ebc6625e1d4941.png

image.png.4b73975f8efb52ccd00ee1a08b184f36.png

Big surprise doon Ayr

15 hours ago, energyzone said:

I'm not sure it is, Whitletts have beaten both Kilwinning and Rutherglen in recent weeks and from what I saw of the highlights, deserved at least a point against Drumchapel.  I think they'll run out of games to save themselves but I don't think many teams fancy playing them at this point in time.

We are down to the bare bones and most of our missing players are midfielders. Having to play players out of position catches up with you eventually. We had won 3 in a row before yesterday but all by 1 goal and the game against Drumchapel was the only one we really played well in.

16 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

I hope your talk in the town hall is more inspirational. 

Typical comment from you that has nothing to do with my opinion about Connor moving on, but if you think it won't lessen our chances then that's your opinion and your entitled to it. 

If you want to talk about my inspiration come and speak to me and we can discuss some of your inspirational moments over the years, it looks like you take a smug reaction to trying to identify me without naming me well that's the kind of discussion I prefer to have in private face to face so come and speak to me anytime you feel like it.