First Divison 23/24

11 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

A diabolical liberty! Second penalty to make it 3-3 was particularly ludicrous.

Aye it was a bad one. The midges had a better game than the spaghetti-armed Thorniewood keeper as well.

Are you in the video Sarge? I looked for someone with a can of diet coke to no avail.

9 hours ago, lokforever said:

If a ref gave two penalties like that against my team I'd be absolutely furious. The first one the Shotts defender clearly has his hand close into his body and in a natural position then second one the goalkeeper doesn't even make contact with the Thorniewood striker who clearly dives. Should really be linesman in midweek games on First Division though to help out ref as only a few games on in the West midweek?

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Aye it was a bad one. The midges had a better game than the spaghetti-armed Thorniewood keeper as well.

Are you in the video Sarge? I looked for someone with a can of diet coke to no avail.

I'm  behind the home dug out and I'm  not the slim ones with hair.

All the decisions look even worse on video. Sending off for jumping too high, penalty for hands in the general vicinity of the ball, second for looking at the attacker in the box.

There were others as well. 

They say things even out over a season. But how can things like that even out. How on earth can an official give that second penalty from his position. What did he see that no one else saw? Managers , coaches , players lose there heads over things like that and as part of the Sfa disciplinary procedures get banned about saying things but it’s there for all to see not a club in Scotland would be happy if that is given against them and that’s just the second penalty. I seriously hope the official has a look at the great filming the David done of the game and learns from his mistake and general positional sense when making decisions or guessing whichever way you want to see it. One for the referees training development officer to look at 👀

1 hour ago, timeforchange said:

They say things even out over a season. But how can things like that even out. How on earth can an official give that second penalty from his position. What did he see that no one else saw? Managers , coaches , players lose there heads over things like that and as part of the Sfa disciplinary procedures get banned about saying things but it’s there for all to see not a club in Scotland would be happy if that is given against them and that’s just the second penalty. I seriously hope the official has a look at the great filming the David done of the game and learns from his mistake and general positional sense when making decisions or guessing whichever way you want to see it. One for the referees training development officer to look at 👀

A couple on the Shotts staff were booked. Although I think he booked the wrong man after a shout he didn't like.

He was behind the defender for the penalty with a decent view. The defender's arms are clearly within his body frame and out of sight of the ref.

If he can't see his hands how can he give a penalty.

On 19/04/2024 at 17:54, Johnstonian said:

Interesting. Heard from a former Pollok committee man that the McCann brothers don’t like him.

Always been the talk on the terraces that was the case. Gary was on the transfer list before Murdo left and Maxwell came in and took him off it. 

3 hours ago, PollokGang said:

Always been the talk on the terraces that was the case. Gary was on the transfer list before Murdo left and Maxwell came in and took him off it. 

Why did he leave Cumnock so suddenly? He was desperate for the Darvel job when Kennedy left.