First Divison 23/24

Ourselves, Buffs and Blantyre Vics all now out of the running after defeats today.

Imo Drumchapel are certs to go up, then it's two from Ashfield, Shotts and Burgh. Glencairn might not agree with that though.

Big games in midweek with Shotts hosting Burgh on Tuesday and Drumchapel on Thursday, while Ashfield are at Blantyre on Wednesday and Burgh at Thorniewood on Thursday.

Whitletts relegation confirmed with Maybole's win over St. Roch's today.

18 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Ourselves, Buffs and Blantyre Vics all now out of the running after defeats today.

Imo Drumchapel are certs to go up, then it's two from Ashfield, Shotts and Burgh. Glencairn might not agree with that though.

Big games in midweek with Shotts hosting Burgh on Tuesday and Drumchapel on Thursday, while Ashfield are at Blantyre on Wednesday and Burgh at Thorniewood on Thursday.

Hannah Park is a real bogey ground for Burgh

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

No predictions from me, lol. 🙊

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Petershill sat like a snowman at the top the league for months until the good weather came, then melted away.

The battle to avoid the last relegation place still to be decided is an interesting one.

Cambuslang Rangers need to win both of their two remaining games to have any chance of staying up, and they need Maybole Juniors to lose all of their remaining four games. That may seem unlikely, but maybe not as far-fetched as it may seem when you look at the fixtures.

Maybole v Cambuslang is first up next Saturday. Anything other than an away win ends the issue. However, if Cambuslang were to win, it becomes interesting.

'Lang's last match is at home against a Petershill side who now look to be out of the promotion race, while Maybole's three other matches are against Johnstone Burgh, Drumchapel United and Rutherglen Glencairn, all teams who currently still have plenty to play for.

Maybole will be looking to get the job done next Saturday, they just need to avoid defeat at home to a team who have only won one away league match all season so far. If 'Lang were to win, though, it would be squeaky bum time for Maybole.

On 27/04/2024 at 17:19, active8 said:

Impressed with Ashfield today ,came a long way in a short time.Is Stepford their permanent home now or is there other plans?

Given criticism of Gartcairn's cage.... we could have 2 new cages to join the premier with Donald Dewar and Stepford. Both inadequate for large away attendances expected in the premier. Stepford only has 1 side for viewing, think Donald Dewar is 2 sides but not sure. 

Ashfield were given a pay-out when they left the speedway. Spotted this from some previous posts showing plans for new ground next to Chirnsyde primary school. Hard to tell from image quality, but 2 pitches one with a stand/ changing facility. No idea stage of these plans. I assumed when they left speedway they would use either one of the grass or astro pitch at the existing Glasgow club Milton. 

No photo description available.image.png.9ff90613e3bb918b3aa27aeb87f42443.pngimage.thumb.png.c585a1edcd70992ae673afdca82576d0.png

9 minutes ago, AMP28 said:

Given criticism of Gartcairn's cage.... we could have 2 new cages to join the premier with Donald Dewar and Stepford. Both inadequate for large away attendances expected in the premier. Stepford only has 1 side for viewing, think Donald Dewar is 2 sides but not sure. 

Ashfield were given a pay-out when they left the speedway. Spotted this from some previous posts showing plans for new ground next to Chirnsyde primary school. Hard to tell from image quality, but 2 pitches one with a stand/ changing facility. No idea stage of these plans. I assumed when they left speedway they would use either one of the grass or astro pitch at the existing Glasgow club Milton. 

No photo description available.image.png.9ff90613e3bb918b3aa27aeb87f42443.pngimage.thumb.png.c585a1edcd70992ae673afdca82576d0.png

Home base of a well known family Firm 😎

17 hours ago, AMP28 said:

Stepford definitely not a good addition to the prem, would need a bit of work to it to make it up to standard. In saying that take nothing away from Ashfield remarkable if they achieve back to back promotions.

On 28/04/2024 at 09:08, glensmad said:

The battle to avoid the last relegation place still to be decided is an interesting one.

Cambuslang Rangers need to win both of their two remaining games to have any chance of staying up, and they need Maybole Juniors to lose all of their remaining four games. That may seem unlikely, but maybe not as far-fetched as it may seem when you look at the fixtures.

Maybole v Cambuslang is first up next Saturday. Anything other than an away win ends the issue. However, if Cambuslang were to win, it becomes interesting.

'Lang's last match is at home against a Petershill side who now look to be out of the promotion race, while Maybole's three other matches are against Johnstone Burgh, Drumchapel United and Rutherglen Glencairn, all teams who currently still have plenty to play for.

Maybole will be looking to get the job done next Saturday, they just need to avoid defeat at home to a team who have only won one away league match all season so far. If 'Lang were to win, though, it would be squeaky bum time for Maybole.

Can't help but see Cambuslang continue to slide down the leagues unfortunately. A once sleeping giant of jnr football and sad to see.

Burgh winning at Shotts is a huge result. That was a 6 pointer.

Need to follow it up on Thursday but there’s a big squad to choose from.

Both Johnstone clubs look like getting promotion this season and if not bet against Thorn Athletic going up again.

19 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

Burgh winning at Shotts is a huge result. That was a 6 pointer.

Need to follow it up on Thursday but there’s a big squad to choose from.

Both Johnstone clubs look like getting promotion this season and if not bet against Thorn Athletic going up again.

At the risk of sounding like the bad loser I am, I thought a draw would have been a more accurate reflection of the game. Shotts were much the better team in the second half, without really causing the keeper any problems. He'd one good save, the goal was a clear foul on the Shotts defender as well.

I'm theory, plenty of points still available, but need to find some goals.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

At the risk of sounding like the bad loser I am, I thought a draw would have been a more accurate reflection of the game. Shotts were much the better team in the second half, without really causing the keeper any problems. He'd one good save, the goal was a clear foul on the Shotts defender as well.

I'm theory, plenty of points still available, but need to find some goals.

I’m working away, so missed our first win there that I can remember and while I’m not going to dispute your views, I will counter and say that Burgh have had that happen to us loads at Hannah Park.

Even the game this time last year with our soft red cards and a prnskty that was outside the box (albeit the one we missed was soft too).

Fine margins Sarge 👍🏼

3 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

I’m working away, so missed our first win there that I can remember and while I’m not going to dispute your views, I will counter and say that Burgh have had that happen to us loads at Hannah Park.

Even the game this time last year with our soft red cards and a prnskty that was outside the box (albeit the one we missed was soft too).

Fine margins Sarge 👍🏼

I can't remember last season. I'm surprised I can remember as much about tonight.