Germany 2024

invergowrie arab

Just now, Gordopolis said:

Am I being stupid, or do the cat 5 seats look quite nicely positioned?

I think they must be lottery prizes or for some competition they're running. Either that or stuck behind the TV cameras or something. Other thing is somebody who paid 200 could be sitting next to someone who paid 60.

This is going to be some bullshit "for the fans" initiative by UEFA to try and claim tickets start from 30 euro but no one will be able to get them isn't it?

It looks like they won't be in the FA allocations meaning those who follow their country everywhere won't get near them.

25 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

Between the random ballot, team specific sales phase and then potential resales, do people think non SSC members will be able to get tickets?

Humming and hawing over hospitality for one of the games but not sure if I can justify the cost.

Aye, the tickets will be available when we are there.

2 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

Humming and hawing over hospitality for one of the games but not sure if I can justify the cost.

The ridiculously expensive offers are now sold out, only the even more obscene 1850 euros for a single group game deals are now available.

4 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

How many points in the SSC will be guaranteed a ticket?  

Based on current points and 16% official allocation, 12 points for smaller stadiums and 11 for bigger ones.

That may change with Cyprus to be added, three more away games and two home games before they’ll go on sale.

So if my calculations are correct, a Norway/Georgia draw on Tuesday would seal the deal and if that doesn’t happen, the loser of that game would be unable to catch us and it’s just down to Spain and the winner of the Norway/Georgia game as the only two that can catch us.

Personally I expect Norway to beat Georgia pretty handily at home. They dominated them in Georgia and were somewhat hard done by to drop 2 points but I think they’ll beat them by 2-3 goals this week. Hope I’m wrong.

Even still, Norway would need to win all of their last three which is Spain home and Cyprus away next month and then at Hampden in November. 

I personally expect Spain to pick up at least a point in Norway (and beat Georgia at home) which would be enough for us so I’m fairly sure we will qualify now even if we completely implode. Thoughts need to turn to trying to win the group.

Any win in Spain does the job. We’d go 9 points clear with 9 left to play for and we’d have clinched the head to head tiebreaker.

If we get a point in Spain then we probably need to beat either Georgia away or Norway at Hampden to win the group.

If we lose by a single goal in Spain then we’d need to beat both Georgia away at Norway at home to win the group. Lose by 2+ goals in Spain and we probably need snookers.