Germany 2024

invergowrie arab

Spain appear to have found their rhythm again - the Nations League win and the Georgia game last night show that. Taking nothing away from our top performance against them at Hampden, Spain were both off-form and played a weaker side than usual against us because they underestimated us.

We have the ability to go and get a result, but it's far from likely, if Spain can keep the momentum up.

5 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

Took the plunge and booked up. 14th-19th, staying in Cologne. Flights to Frankfurt then I'm assured that the German transport links will get us to Cologne no bother!

Anyone with any experience to confirm this for me 😁

Book train tickets in advance for example?

High-speed ICE line directly from Frankfurt Airport to Cologne HbF, seemingly. Takes an hour according to the internet, but, well, it's DB.

11 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

Took the plunge and booked up. 14th-19th, staying in Cologne. Flights to Frankfurt then I'm assured that the German transport links will get us to Cologne no bother!

Anyone with any experience to confirm this for me 😁

Book train tickets in advance for example?

I'll be waiting to see who's playing where before booking trains, and they're going to be offering all sorts of special deals and subsidised fares for during the tournament, so I'd hold on for a bit. I don't think they sell tickets more than 6 months ahead anyway. This site is good for general train info. https://www.seat61.com/train-travel-in-germany.htm

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'll be waiting to see who's playing where before booking trains, and they're going to be offering all sorts of special deals and subsidised fares for during the tournament, so I'd hold on for a bit. I don't think they sell tickets more than 6 months ahead anyway. This site is good for general train info. https://www.seat61.com/train-travel-in-germany.htm

Aye I've done a bit of digging and the airport has a rail link direct so it sounds a piece of piss. Never been to Germany before and going twice next year now

2 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

Aye I've done a bit of digging and the airport has a rail link direct so it sounds a piece of piss. Never been to Germany before and going twice next year now

I've plumped on Berlin as my base so I might end up needing an Interrail pass if Scotland end up in Munich, Stuttgart, Dortmund or wherever. Perfectly positioned for Hamburg and Leipzig though..:)

For a squad that is performing to an excellent level it is really disappointing to hear McGinn trotting out the usual shite of "only our wee country...." can f**k this up.

It tells you that kind of shite is still in the players heads despite how they are performing and the results they are producing, now. 

That historic attitude needs to get to f**k. 

20 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

For a squad that is performing to an excellent level it is really disappointing to hear McGinn trotting out the usual shite of "only our wee country...." can f**k this up.

It tells you that kind of shite is still in the players heads despite how they are performing and the results they are producing, now. 

That historic attitude needs to get to f**k. 

He doesn’t remotely think that, they have all just been told to play it down by the manager. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He doesn’t remotely think that, they have all just been told to play it down by the manager. 

Playing it down/stay focused/get the job done etc isn't the same as "only our wee country could mess it up from here".  Aye? what a great way of thinking. As the saying goes, in the fucking sea with that crap. 

5 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Playing it down/stay focused/get the job done etc isn't the same as "only our wee country could mess it up from here".  Aye? what a great way of thinking. As the saying goes, in the fucking sea with that crap. 

Playing it down is exactly what it is, it is just another example of it isn’t done yet. 

The players have shown over the last numerous games how good their mentality is - they can say whatever they want off the park to play everything down tbh. 

I think you are looking into things a bit too much.