Germany 2024

invergowrie arab

@welshbairn you might be the best man to know but has it been mentioned anywhere about them limiting the tickets you can have on the same day like they did for euro 2020? I'm hoping not as there's a realistic chance you could make 2 games in the 1 day in Germany which obviously wasn't the case when it was spread over Europe.

I'm up for applying for tickets in October to random games but not if it causes hassle if it then clashes with a Scotland game on the same day and they don't let me get rid of them before I can buy Scotland tickets through the SSC.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

25 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

@welshbairn you might be the best man to know but has it been mentioned anywhere about them limiting the tickets you can have on the same day like they did for euro 2020? I'm hoping not as there's a realistic chance you could make 2 games in the 1 day in Germany which obviously wasn't the case when it was spread over Europe.

I'm up for applying for tickets in October to random games but not if it causes hassle if it then clashes with a Scotland game on the same day and they don't let me get rid of them before I can buy Scotland tickets through the SSC.

From the first link above.. 

"In an approach to favour access for as many fans as possible, applicants can apply for a maximum of four tickets per match and only tickets for one match per day per applicant will be attributed." 

I don't think you'll have a problem buying Scotland tickets through the SSC if you've already bought tickets for the same day directly but I can't vouch for that. The UEFA resale hub won't get going until after the Nations League qualifiers are finished in March. You could fire off an email to UEFA using another name and email to get confirmation, but my hunch is you’ll be fine, they're more keen about getting cash in than fighting touts, last time it was easy to buy and sell tickets unofficially through their own app so all their talk of blocking it was nonsense. 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scotland/supporters-tickets/scotland-supporters-club-membership/ssc-loyalty-points/

SSC points updated after Cyprus and England. Not much movement really for anyone 20+ points but that's an extra 1248 people now on 12 or more points between June and September and 3208 on 10 or more with 3 more away games to go before Germany so previous estimates about how many points will be needed might end up quite a bit off. 

21 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scotland/supporters-tickets/scotland-supporters-club-membership/ssc-loyalty-points/

SSC points updated after Cyprus and England. Not much movement really for anyone 20+ points but that's an extra 1248 people now on 12 or more points between June and September and 3208 on 10 or more with 3 more away games to go before Germany so previous estimates about how many points will be needed might end up quite a bit off. 

Yeah - I’m on 11 and now absolutely desperate to get a ticket for Spain, otherwise it’s looking unlikely for the Euro’s. 

Typically decided to go for Spain instead of Cyprus, as thought there was a better chance of a ticket. 

I’m not sure if Georgia will go down the points, but assuming France will!

24 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It’ll jump up by quite a bit. Allocation for Cyprus 2023 was about 2.5k more than went to Russia in 2019 which just dropped off. We’ll then have Spain, France and Georgia (probably 2.5-3k, 2.5-3k, 1-2k) replacing Cyprus 2019, Faroe and Moldova (2.4k, 450, 300).

Home points probably won’t change dramatically as we were selling out 10 games ago but there’ll be a higher proportion of the crowd made up of members now.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah - I’m on 11 and now absolutely desperate to get a ticket for Spain, otherwise it’s looking unlikely for the Euro’s. 

Typically decided to go for Spain instead of Cyprus, as thought there was a better chance of a ticket. 

I’m not sure if Georgia will go down the points, but assuming France will!

I'm on 9. I can get to 10 points if i go to Norway and there's another home game between then and the euros. Didn't go to the Poland game so it would drop off. 

Had the week booked off for cyprus but had to cancel. 

What's the chances of under 10points getting a ticket? If you go to every home game you can only get to a maximum of 12. Current list has that at 7132. 

Annoying because there's always empty seats at major finals, probably tickets snapped up by touts or sponsors. the actual teams competing get pretty low allocations.

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

It’ll jump up by quite a bit. Allocation for Cyprus 2023 was about 2.5k more than went to Russia in 2019 which just dropped off. We’ll then have Spain, France and Georgia (probably 2.5-3k, 2.5-3k, 1-2k) replacing Cyprus 2019, Faroe and Moldova (2.4k, 450, 300).

Home points probably won’t change dramatically as we were selling out 10 games ago but there’ll be a higher proportion of the crowd made up of members now.

Are most of these not likely to be people on over 12 points in any case? so the cumulative total at say 14-18 will jump fairly dramatically but then re-settle by 10-12 points. Will be a few climbers in there but the chances of getting official tickets down at single figures makes that pretty unlikely.

1 minute ago, PrestersKTID said:

I'm on 9. I can get to 10 points if i go to Norway and there's another home game between then and the euros. Didn't go to the Poland game so it would drop off. 

What's the chances of under 10points getting a ticket? If you go to every home game you can only get to a maximum of 12. Current list has that at 7132. 

Annoying because there's always empty seats at major finals, probably tickets snapped up by touts or sponsors. the actual teams competing get pretty low allocations.

I am in a similar boat as you and should be on 11 by the time the tournament comes around. Looking at the updated points table, I suspect it’s going to be very difficult to get tickets through the SSC unless you’ve gained points from at least 1 away day.

A thing I’m holding out hope for is that there may be a few people who can only make one week of the tournament and won’t be applying for all 3 games. 

Furthermore, if we get drawn in a group with some less glamorous teams like Albania or Finland then it might be easier to get tickets on the public sale or UEFA resale app due to reduced demand from locals/neutrals.

1 minute ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

A thing I’m holding out hope for is that there may be a few people who can only make one week of the tournament and won’t be applying for all 3 games. 

Anecdotal evidence but out of the group I go with (fairly regular travellers points between 14 and 24) there is a pretty even split of folk who are thinking 1, 2 or all 3 group games simply due to other life commitments.

1 hour ago, PrestersKTID said:

I’m not sure the Poland game will drop off unless we arrange a home friendly?

I’m in the same boat with that one, as it’s the only game I’ve missed. 

ETA,  just re-read what you said and think I may have misread and you said the same I did!

Edited by No_Problemo

2 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Are most of these not likely to be people on over 12 points in any case? so the cumulative total at say 14-18 will jump fairly dramatically but then re-settle by 10-12 points. Will be a few climbers in there but the chances of getting official tickets down at single figures makes that pretty unlikely.

Depends how low it goes for the upcoming games I suppose. Cyprus went down to 9 points so there’ll be a few who’ve broken the 10/11 points barrier where there’s a bit of a bottleneck. I would be surprised if Spain goes to single figures but there’s every chance that the other two will.

3 hours ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

I am in a similar boat as you and should be on 11 by the time the tournament comes around. Looking at the updated points table, I suspect it’s going to be very difficult to get tickets through the SSC unless you’ve gained points from at least 1 away day.

Furthermore, if we get drawn in a group with some less glamorous teams like Albania or Finland then it might be easier to get tickets on the public sale or UEFA resale app due to reduced demand from locals/neutrals.

Relatively new to all this but I'm on 10 points which seems to put me in top 17,000 or so cumulative points and I'd have hoped that would be enough for a ticket through SSC for a game at the Euros? Stadiums mostly 50k capacity, will the teams really only be getting 10-15k each? 

Going to Germany but unlikely to make any other away games unfortunately.

27 minutes ago, GordyFordy said:

Relatively new to all this but I'm on 10 points which seems to put me in top 17,000 or so cumulative points and I'd have hoped that would be enough for a ticket through SSC for a game at the Euros? Stadiums mostly 50k capacity, will the teams really only be getting 10-15k each? 

Going to Germany but unlikely to make any other away games unfortunately.

If UEFA do the same as recent tournaments it's around 16% to the FA of each team so a 50k stadium would be around 8k allocation

Edited by Pie Of The Month

11 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

If UEFA do the same as recent tournaments it's around 16% to the FA of each team so a 50k stadium would be around 8k allocation

16% is a joke, 25% would be reasonable, anything unsold can be given back.

Stadiums capacities based off the Euros wikipedia page. I've seen different capacities elsewhere aswell.

Berlin 74461 16% allocation = 11913

Munich 70076. 16% allocation = 11212

Dortmund 65829 16% allocation = 10532

Stuttgart 54906 (what hampden could be) 16% allocation = 8784

Gelsenkirchen 54740  16% allocation = 8758

Hamburg 52245 16% allocation = 8359

Frankfurt 54697 16% allocation = 8751

Dusseldorf 51031 16% allocation = 8164

Cologne 49827 16% allocation = 7972

Leipzig 42959 16% allocation = 6873

so as it stands 13 points to guarantee every game. 12 guarantees all but leipzig. 11/10/9 you then would need to get lucky.

Anyone on less than 9 probably has no chance through SSC. They would just need to hope that some folk won't manage all 3 games or allocations increase.

28 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I just watched the highlights of that Norway 2 v 1 Georgia game. So close. Georgia had a great chance to equalise right at the death.

Yeah, I heard it was 2-0 at half-time so gave up all hope. Checked my phone on the way back to the car to see it was 2-1 and then watched the highlights yesterday which showed their chance at the end. Mental to think how close we were to qualifying and I was completely oblivious.