Germany 2024

invergowrie arab

2 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

16% is a joke, 25% would be reasonable, anything unsold can be given back.

Stadiums capacities based off the Euros wikipedia page. I've seen different capacities elsewhere aswell.

Berlin 74461 16% allocation = 11913

Munich 70076. 16% allocation = 11212

Dortmund 65829 16% allocation = 10532

Stuttgart 54906 (what hampden could be) 16% allocation = 8784

Gelsenkirchen 54740  16% allocation = 8758

Hamburg 52245 16% allocation = 8359

Frankfurt 54697 16% allocation = 8751

Dusseldorf 51031 16% allocation = 8164

Cologne 49827 16% allocation = 7972

Leipzig 42959 16% allocation = 6873

so as it stands 13 points to guarantee every game. 12 guarantees all but leipzig. 11/10/9 you then would need to get lucky.

Anyone on less than 9 probably has no chance through SSC. They would just need to hope that some folk won't manage all 3 games or allocations increase.

I read somewhere the allocations may be higher for the FAs this time but I wouldn't pin any hopes on UEFA doing anything for the fans. There's been some jump in numbers in the 8-12 point bracket if you consider for the England game in the euros we got 2655 and it dropped down to 12 points and now we've got over 7k with 12 or more points.

I think you're right and you might find not everyone can do all 3 games so it could drop a bit. You may also find some folk get tickets in UEFA ballots so don't buy their SSC ticket, I got Croatia at Hampden through UEFA so didn't need my SSC ticket even though I had enough points so in 50k seater stadia rather than COVID restricted crowds that same scenario should happen a fair bit.

People who want to go are making sure they have the points

In our group we have one who is on 12 just now, who was studying overseas for a few years and only got a membership at Christmas 21, hes got flights to all 3 upcoming away games and with 1 home to go hopes to get to 19 points by the end of the year, another who has had a membership for a few years but tends to only do 1 away every couple of years is on 13, he cannot do Spain but has booked flights for France and Georgia to get to 17 by the year end when we expect the tickets to go on sale.

With not many getting points in Faroe islands or Moldova (despite the number who went) id expect to see a lot more members in the 14 to 18 point bracket than there was in the delayed Euros.

There will also be those with higher points who will just not go due to personal circumstances.

One of our group has 15 points just now, has just bought his first house so turned down the chance to join us for any of the upcoming away games and has indicated that Germany is not in his plans right now.

14 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

People who want to go are making sure they have the points

In our group we have one who is on 12 just now, who was studying overseas for a few years and only got a membership at Christmas 21, hes got flights to all 3 upcoming away games and with 1 home to go hopes to get to 19 points by the end of the year, another who has had a membership for a few years but tends to only do 1 away every couple of years is on 13, he cannot do Spain but has booked flights for France and Georgia to get to 17 by the year end when we expect the tickets to go on sale.

With not many getting points in Faroe islands or Moldova (despite the number who went) id expect to see a lot more members in the 14 to 18 point bracket than there was in the delayed Euros.

Not everybody has the money or holiday allowance to go to multiple away games before Germany 2024, though.

I’d expect there to be a large amount of people on 12 points who’ve been to every home game scrambling to try and get tickets.

39 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

Not everybody has the money or holiday allowance to go to multiple away games before Germany 2024, though.

I’d expect there to be a large amount of people on 12 points who’ve been to every home game scrambling to try and get tickets.

Poor people priced out of being able to afford tickets. 

It should be first come first served. 

56 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

There will also be those with higher points who will just not go due to personal circumstances.

One of our group has 15 points just now, has just bought his first house so turned down the chance to join us for any of the upcoming away games and has indicated that Germany is not in his plans right now.

They'll still be taking tickets and giving them to pals surely.  

I'd imagine the qualifiers aren't going to be the last games we play prior to the tournament with the qualifiers ending in November. I'd think 2 or 3 friendlies in the months running up to the tournament or am I miles off here? Will potentially give people the opportunity for points. 

I'm already staying in Spain when the game is on, booked on a bus to Seville but no idea if I'll get a ticket at the moment. Also booked France but again, hard to say if I'll even get a ticket to that either. 

Not been to an away game in ages due to having young kids over the last few years, but still make all the home games, mad scramble now to try and get enough points for Germany it seems. 

Edited by thistledo

6 minutes ago, thistledo said:

I'd imagine the qualifiers aren't going to be the last games we play prior to the tournament with the qualifiers ending in November. I'd think 2 or 3 friendlies in the months running up to the tournament or am I miles off here? Will potentially give people the opportunity for points. 

I'm already staying in Spain when the game is on, booked on a bus to Seville but no idea if I'll get a ticket at the moment. Also booked France but again, hard to say if I'll even get a ticket to that either. 

Not been to an away game in ages due to having young kids over the last few years, but still make all the home games, mad scramble now to try and get enough points for Germany it seems. 

The tickets should go on sale for the teams who have qualified in December or early January, no need to wait until the spring and it lets people plan properly.

It would only be if we end up in the play off route that the tickets would go on sale in the spring as they hold back tickets for those teams as they did for us in 2021.

9 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

The tickets should go on sale for the teams who have qualified in December or early January, no need to wait until the spring and it lets people plan properly.

It would only be if we end up in the play off route that the tickets would go on sale in the spring as they hold back tickets for those teams as they did for us in 2021.

Ah bollocks didn't think of that. 

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

You couldn't transfer tickets bought through the SSC on the app last time round but could for tickets bought through UEFA. I'm sure there was probably a way around it but it didn't seem obvious to me at the time.

The way round that is simply sharing your login. 

4 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

You couldn't transfer tickets bought through the SSC on the app last time round but could for tickets bought through UEFA. I'm sure there was probably a way around it but it didn't seem obvious to me at the time.

Last time you got a code from the SSC which allowed you to purchase tickets from a Uefa site.

Tickets were then downloaded into an app. Transferring tickets required a bit of faffing about with the other party downloading the app & activating it. Them activating would send an activation code to my E-Mail which would then be passed on.

After attending the game, this person would delete the app, and for the next game repeat the process with another person.

I couldn't attend due to quarantine restrictions in place at the time but was able to pass on to my 2 brothers and father, who attended a game each.

For France in 2016 it was regular paper tickets that were issued.

Edited by German Jag

Gunn

Hickey, Patterson, Robertson, Tierney, Porteous, Hendry, Hanley

Gilmour, McGregor, McTominay, McGinn, Ferguson, Armstrong

Dykes, Adams, Christie

About 2/3 of the squad picks itself barring injury. These 17 guys will surely be on the plane (if we make it, let's not count our chickens)

So the question is how many of Gordon, Taylor, Cooper, McKenna, Jack, McLean etc make the plane as experienced backups or will SC turn it over to the younger guys? I'd imagine the former.

McKenna will definitely be in if he's fit, Gordon likewise if he's playing regularly enough and to a decent standard. I'd put Armstrong in the same group as Cooper and McLean these days, I think all of them are reaching the end of the line for us but are still important to the squad . I wouldn't be surprised if Tuesday night was a wee farewell appearance for Jack, especially if he continues to be in and out of the team at Rangers.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

McKenna will definitely be in if he's fit, Gordon likewise if he's playing regularly enough and to a decent standard. I'd put Armstrong in the same group as Cooper and McLean these days, I think all of them are reaching the end of the line for us but are still important to the squad . I wouldn't be surprised if Tuesday night was a wee farewell appearance for Jack, especially if he continues to be in and out of the team at Rangers.

Jack and others will stay in the squad until someone comes along and take their place in it. Stephen O’Donnell eventually fell out the squad because of the emergence of Patterson, Hickey, and to a lesser extent Ralston. O’Donnell is still only 31 and a decent SPFL level player but others came along and removed our need for SOD to be in the squad. I’d still back him to come in to the squad if we had a crisis with our top 2-3 RWBs unavailable, like we’ve seen in the past with guys like Declan Gallagher, Paul McGinn and Steven Kingsley getting random caps in spots.

With Jack though, what central midfielders are coming along to take his place? You could argue that it’s unnecessary to carry all of Gilmour, McGregor, McTominay, McGinn, Jack and McLean in the squad and his position could go to an extra defender or forward, but I’m not sure which CM would replace Jack in the squad. 

17 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Jack and others will stay in the squad until someone comes along and take their place in it. Stephen O’Donnell eventually fell out the squad because of the emergence of Patterson, Hickey, and to a lesser extent Ralston. O’Donnell is still only 31 and a decent SPFL level player but others came along and removed our need for SOD to be in the squad. I’d still back him to come in to the squad if we had a crisis with our top 2-3 RWBs unavailable, like we’ve seen in the past with guys like Declan Gallagher, Paul McGinn and Steven Kingsley getting random caps in spots.

With Jack though, what central midfielders are coming along to take his place? You could argue that it’s unnecessary to carry all of Gilmour, McGregor, McTominay, McGinn, Jack and McLean in the squad and his position could go to an extra defender or forward, but I’m not sure which CM would replace Jack in the squad. 

I was thinking the exact same about Jack. He might be on the decline as a player but there really aren't many natural defensive midfielders out there. Connor Barron? He's supposedly not been on it at club level for about 18 months now. Is Bailey Rice that kind of player? Even if he is, he's obviously not close to getting into the squad atm. Funnily enough, I thought Leon King looked relatively comfortable in midfield on Monday night, but I can definitely remember thinking he got bypassed easily at least once.