Germany 2024

invergowrie arab

5 hours ago, Aufc said:

Got a question about the uefa ticket portal. Say I put in for some tickets now and win tickets for a game. What happens if Scotland are then drawn to play that same day but in a different city? Is there an option to then sell the tickets back to then try go for Scotland tickets via the portal? I won’t get tickets through the sfa. 

The resale platform doesn’t go online until April. If you have tickets for another match on the same day that Scotland happen to be playing then they won’t let you buy tickets for the Scotland game.

I think you should be able to get around this by creating an account in a different email/name or getting a friend or family member who won’t be going to register on your behalf in this initial sales window and then either sell on or transfer tickets if needed in Spring.

Edited by Jaggy McJagface

yeah I have created an account under my wifes name. So wont apply for tickets at the moment under that account but wait until fixtures are announced and apply for scotland games under that account. Have applied for a game each day that I am planning on being there so see what like

22 minutes ago, Aufc said:

yeah I have created an account under my wifes name. So wont apply for tickets at the moment under that account but wait until fixtures are announced and apply for scotland games under that account. Have applied for a game each day that I am planning on being there so see what like

Yeah thats my plan, apply for long shot ballot tickets in my wife's name as a back-up in case I can't get tickets through SSC. I'm on 10 points so seems unlikely given 16% allocation. Seems like it should be possible to then transfer any ballot tickets to me OK if I don't get Scotland tickets sorted somehow, not sure it would even matter with an e-ticket in app anyway right enough

I've bitten the bullet and applied for some tickets. Mainly cause I bet on Scotland qualifying so booked up for Dusseldorf after the Cyprus game. 

Reasoning being that in the event Scotland somehow managed to bottle it I could at least see someone. So hopefully I don't get too lucky and therefore unable to apply for Scotland tickets once we know who we are actually playing. To be fair for those of us who did decide to gamble we could completely fail on all of our ticket choices 

Having applied for various World Cup, Euros, Champions League finals in the past, I am not betting on getting lucky.

Reserving some accommodation that I can cancel but not booked my glights yet.  I know some booked in for 2 weeks in Dussledorf.  Hopefully the can cancel if England end up there.  

A number of publications reporting that UEFA are planning to reduce the squad size for the finals back to 23 players. 

I think this will mean it’s unlikely we see Doak in Germany unless he really kicks on at Liverpool. A few players who have been mainstays in the campaign will likely now miss out as a result which is very harsh.

4 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

A number of publications reporting that UEFA are planning to reduce the squad size for the finals back to 23 players. 

I think this will mean it’s unlikely we see Doak in Germany unless he really kicks on at Liverpool. A few players who have been mainstays in the campaign will likely now miss out as a result which is very harsh.

What publications? papers? Often these stories end up being true, but I can't see anything from UEFA on it.

Edited by 2426255

1 minute ago, 2426255 said:

What publications? papers?

The Times, the Telegraph, the Sun and the Daily Mail have all posted articles about it in the last 24hrs. There’s yet to be an official announcement from UEFA but there’s probably no smoke without fire if it’s being picked up by multiple papers.

30 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

The Times, the Telegraph, the Sun and the Daily Mail have all posted articles about it in the last 24hrs. There’s yet to be an official announcement from UEFA but there’s probably no smoke without fire if it’s being picked up by multiple papers.

Have you got a link to any of these articles? 

That's quite annoying as I can't remember the last time we named an initial squad with just 23 players. A couple will be unlucky to miss out and some might sneak in based on their versatility. 

I wonder if Clarke will try and go with 23 in the next two camps or keep with larger squads to still give some players a chance to impress in training. 

With the shift to 23 man squads, I’d expect the likes of Armstrong, Jack, Taylor and Nisbet to see their spots come under serious pressure.

I also think it’s highly unlikely we’d take 6 cb’s plus Tierney so at least one of Hanley/Cooper/McKenna/Souttar will miss out.

I think it’s very harsh and don’t see why keeping 26 man squads would be such a problem. I can’t imagine any of the managers will be very happy with UEFA’s decision.

23 man squad is only really two players for each position plus a 3rd keeper.

If everyone is fit, my current first and second XI is along the lines of:

Gunn

Hendry-Hanley-Tierney

Hickey-Gilmour-McGregor-Robertson

McTominay-Adams-McGinn

Gordon

Porteous-Cooper-McKenna

Patterson-Jack-McLean-Taylor

Ferguson-Dykes-Christie

I can’t see Greg Taylor getting the call if he’s effectively the fourth choice LWB. I’m also not sure that both Jack and McLean would be needed when we have McTominay and McGinn that can drop into traditional CM roles, but bearing in mind that both players missed euro 2021 through injury it would seem harsh to leave one of them at home especially when both are coming towards the end of their Scotland careers.

Stuart Armstrong doesn’t feature in my top 2 XIs but I’m almost certain he will be at the euros.

If we consider that Gilmour, Patterson and Turnbull were the “extra” 3 players at the last euros (all uncapped before the pre-tournament friendlies) then the core 23 man squad included

3 Goalkeepers (Marshall, Gordon, McLaughlin)

6 centre backs (Hanley, Tierney, Gallagher, Cooper, McKenna, Cooper)

3 pure wing backs (O’Donnell, Robertson, Taylor)

2 defensive midfielders (McTominay, McGregor)

6 attacking midfielders (McGinn, Christie, Armstrong, Fleck, Fraser, Forrest)

3 strikers (Dykes, Adams, Nisbet)

I think you’re certainly going to see more CMs next year and probably fewer defenders)

Gunn, Gordon, Kelly

Hickey, Patterson, Porteous, Hendry, Hanley, McKenna, Tierney, Robertson

McTominay, Gilmour, McGregor, McLean, Ferguson

McGinn, Armstrong, Dykes, Adams, Christie, Brown

Take your pick for the 23rd spot: Cooper, Souttar, Taylor, Jack, Nisbet, Shankland, Doak or Other

Edited by accies1874

17 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Gunn, Gordon, Kelly

Take your pick for the 23rd spot: Cooper, Souttar, Taylor, Jack, Nisbet, Shankland, Doak or Other

Don't think that's far away. Seen someone on twitter have Harvey Barnes in as 23rd man. If that was an option then no brainer imo. Otherwise would be good to get Doak in. All the fringe players you mentioned don't offer enough of a difference to what we have. 

Only other option is if someone like hardie or stewart goes on a crazy scoring spree in the next 6 months or so.

47 minutes ago, Donathan said:

23 man squad is only really two players for each position plus a 3rd keeper.

If everyone is fit, my current first and second XI is along the lines of:

Gunn

Hendry-Hanley-Tierney

Hickey-Gilmour-McGregor-Robertson

McTominay-Adams-McGinn

Gordon

Porteous-Cooper-McKenna

Patterson-Jack-McLean-Taylor

Ferguson-Dykes-Christie

I can’t see Greg Taylor getting the call if he’s effectively the fourth choice LWB. I’m also not sure that both Jack and McLean would be needed when we have McTominay and McGinn that can drop into traditional CM roles, but bearing in mind that both players missed euro 2021 through injury it would seem harsh to leave one of them at home especially when both are coming towards the end of their Scotland careers.

Stuart Armstrong doesn’t feature in my top 2 XIs but I’m almost certain he will be at the euros.

If we consider that Gilmour, Patterson and Turnbull were the “extra” 3 players at the last euros (all uncapped before the pre-tournament friendlies) then the core 23 man squad included

3 Goalkeepers (Marshall, Gordon, McLaughlin)

6 centre backs (Hanley, Tierney, Gallagher, Cooper, McKenna, Cooper)

3 pure wing backs (O’Donnell, Robertson, Taylor)

2 defensive midfielders (McTominay, McGregor)

6 attacking midfielders (McGinn, Christie, Armstrong, Fleck, Fraser, Forrest)

3 strikers (Dykes, Adams, Nisbet)

I think you’re certainly going to see more CMs next year and probably fewer defenders)

Clarke has mentioned before that he likes players that can play multiple positions. Which will be vitally important with the reduced squad size. So, although you're saying McTominay was taken as a midfielder, he could also play in a back 3, which ended up materialising. 

For example, Forrest and Fraser had been tested out at wing back prior to the Euros with the above in mind. Armstrong and McGinn have both been played in deeper lying midfield roles in the past. We now know Christie can do that as well (been doing it with Bournemouth)

Also, Fleck definitely isn't an attacking midfielder. And you counted Cooper twice. (I assume you meant Hendry)

I'd actually expect more centre backs this time round knowing McTominay won't be played there, and the emergence of Porteous and Souttar.

The last Euros squad just about picked itself, with the aid of some injuries. This one is going to be soooo much harder to choose.

37 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Gunn, Gordon, Kelly

Think that will be about it. The 23rd man will also come out of the first names you mention I think. Clarke is very loyal to this group and unless there is a few injuries I don't see any new caps getting in. Could be wrong though.