Berwick Rangers 23/24

Redcar

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sammyreidloyal said:

Forgive my ignorance but didn’t we resign players only to let them go a month back citing we are ‘skint’ ? Now we are back resigning more players in the lofty position of 14th in the league. Good as Nelson is I just don’t get what’s going on

He's been signed for next season. And presumably won't be on the sort of money that was enjoyed by those who have been released. 

Stating the obvious a bit, but if we don't sign players, we won't have a team next season. Hopefully some more of the remaining current squad will sign up for Tam Scobbie too. And we aren't 'skint' - we just couldn't afford those big wages. 

Out of yet another cup to lower league opposition. Hardly any players left and 2 suspensions coming up 

Berwick are sinking rapidly now, and relying on Edinburgh Uni and Gretna to continue being shite. (We had similar hopes of Albion Rovers in SPFL 2. It didn't end well.)

The Chairman remains pathetically silent. I have a lot of sympathy for him considering the underlying position when he took over, but cup defeats at Musselburgh and Dunipace should make him embarrassed and angry in equal measure. 

Noticed Antell was not on the roster today, has he left ??

Again had our arses handed to us by lower league opposition. Can't see where the next goal is coming from let alone a win, nothing from the board/chairman, players i don't even recognise now. 

Sorry but after a long shift I sat down, but the computer on to listen to the match commentary, Harris got red carded I switched off, I could have predicted how today would end.

So what of the future, quite frankly I have lost all enthusiasm/feeling for Berwick, they are architects of their own downfall, and EOS wouldn't be a bad thing now as their are still those wandering with Rosy tinted glasses, talking of next season.

3 hours ago, Redcar said:

Out of yet another cup to lower league opposition.

Since relegation:

Cup victories (9)
tier 5     Edinburgh Uni, Gretna, Spartans
tier 6     Crossgates, Newtongrange
tier 7     Camelon, Dunipace
tier 8     West Calder
South    Upper Annandale

(plus 2 v Gala, Vale in LLC groupstage spring 2022)

Cup defeats (17)
tier 4     Elgin, Stirling Albion x2
tier 5     Cowdenbeath, East Kilbride, Kelty, Spartans x2
High      Brora
tier 6     Broxburn, Hill of Beath, Linlithgow, Musselburgh, Tranent
tier 7     Dunipace
tier 9     Stoneyburn
youth    Rangers U21s

(plus 4 v Ayr, Falkirk, Livingston, Stranraer in LC groupstage immediately after coming down)

Horrendous.

57427f388671b3dc706ba7386f49af28efd6c576

Edited by HibeeJibee

Absolute sh#tshow. No one at board level has a clue.
The reputation of the club is in the mire and any credibility the club used to have heading down the pan faster than the holy island tide.
Players leaving because the lift went, players needed but not being sourced, players unable to score against anyone, red cards and suspensions looming, but still the club is ‘rebuilding’.
I am very, very concerned. Supporters club members claiming the season is over after ten games. What about the rest of the league season? What exactly is going to entice fans to attend with that attitude? All the off field stuff is very well but the idea is you score goals and give the paying public something to watch. The on field activity is what it’s meant to be about.
Happy hour? My arse.

19 minutes ago, sammyreidloyal said:

Absolute sh#tshow. No one at board level has a clue.
The reputation of the club is in the mire and any credibility the club used to have heading down the pan faster than the holy island tide.
Players leaving because the lift went, players needed but not being sourced, players unable to score against anyone, red cards and suspensions looming, but still the club is ‘rebuilding’.
I am very, very concerned. Supporters club members claiming the season is over after ten games. What about the rest of the league season? What exactly is going to entice fans to attend with that attitude? All the off field stuff is very well but the idea is you score goals and give the paying public something to watch. The on field activity is what it’s meant to be about.
Happy hour? My arse.

I’m sorry to read posts like this from committed fans, it seems to have gone horribly wrong, very quickly.

Not withstanding the overspending there has been on players in the recent past, surely the club should be able to have a sustainable future?

The stadium is owed by the football supporters club trust, is that correct? The speedway team must pay the trust rent during the summer. That seems like a dream situation to a Cowdenbeath fan.   

Your crowds have, and seem to remain decent so no problems there.

The team train in Edinburgh to my knowledge and will only ever be in Berwick on a match day, so the club should still be able to attract players from a decent radius.

There are teams with a lot less resources than Berwick doing well in the LL, so does it just boil down to the stewardship of the club?

Good luck to Berwick in getting things sorted out.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’m sorry to read posts like this from committed fans, it seems to have gone horribly wrong, very quickly.

Not withstanding the overspending there has been on players in the recent past, surely the club should be able to have a sustainable future?

The stadium is owed by the football supporters club trust, is that correct? The speedway team must pay the trust rent during the summer. That seems like a dream situation to a Cowdenbeath fan.   

Your crowds have, and seem to remain decent so no problems there.

The team train in Edinburgh to my knowledge and will only ever be in Berwick on a match day, so the club should still be able to attract players from a decent radius.

There are teams with a lot less resources than Berwick doing well in the LL, so does it just boil down to the stewardship of the club?

Good luck to Berwick in getting things sorted out.

Problem is if you're competing for Edinburgh players you have City, Spartans and Bonnyrigg in the League. When Meadowbank Thistle started to do well in the mid 80s Berwick's fortunes suffered as the better Edinburgh players went to Thistle 

Then you have Lithgae and Tranent in the LL who aren't short of cash. You may also prefer to play for Cowden or Strollers if Edinburgh based rather than go down to Berwick for home games. Gala also seem to be attracting decent players.

In the East of Scotland League you also have Broxburn, Haddington, Musselburgh and Dunbar who are pretty well run and pay well I believe. Penicuik too.

That leaves the best of the rest for Berwick and that is thin pickings for a Lowland League team