Women's World Cup 2023

Swarley

1 minute ago, Marten said:

The seethe about Spain's timewasting/shithousery is something else. England did it worse in their European championship final against Germany. 

You're right.

That was incredibly blatant. They took the lead with around ten minutes of extra time left, and spent all of what remained with the ball at the corner flag.  They actually did it very well, but I've never seen a side do it for as long.

Will be interested to see how the various parties spin Spain winning a World Cup after the rebel episode, with the rebels mostly still missing.

I read an article yesterday portraying the coach as a (now World Cup winning) dumpling and implying that the players had been left out, whereas the BBC commentator said today that those players had excluded themselves, which is a big difference to the narrative.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I take it the majority of the crowd is Nigels? The stadium had been silent since the goal. You can hear the coaches shouting ffs.

I'll take your word for it, I don't speak Spanish.