#Barclays 24/25

Wee-Bey

3 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

It's so bad, hard to believe a professional club would tweet that - it's like an April fools joke. Just get rid of referees and VAR and let the teams ref themselves then or better yet just let the fans fight amongst themselves to make decisions. It's got to that point, chaos rules apply.

It's not that hard to believe. Forest have form for it in the last 12 months or so. I just knew something embarrassing would come having watched the game. They can't just leave well alone for everyone to see for themselves how bad it was. I was expecting something attached to Clattenburg's name later or tomorrow though. Five minutes after full time on the Twitter account smacks as if someone's given Marinakis the account password to deal with it directly from the Boardroom himself.  🙄

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

It’s clearly an aggrieved fan who is employed by the club to operate the Twatter account that has clearly lost the plot. Won’t be surprised to see that individual removed from this role.

Not sure if serious?

It's not an aggrieved fan. That's directly from the mouth of Marinakis. He's done it deliberately and the club will be charged with bringing the game into disrepute. Again. He's an arse.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's not that hard to believe. Forest have form for it in the last 12 months or so. I just knew something embarrassing would come having watched the game. They can't just leave well alone for everyone to see for themselves how bad it was. I was expecting something attached to Clattenburg's name later or tomorrow though. Five minutes after full time on the Twitter account smacks as if someone's given Marinakis the account password to deal with it directly from the Boardroom himself.  🙄

Fair enough, you know more about it than me then. I don't follow their twitter account. It's so childish, but I've heard Marinakis is a dumpling before.

Edited by 2426255

Sky Sports just had a WCW Mick Foley has won the title on the other channel moment telling us that Coventry have got it back to 3-3 in the FA Cup.

I had turned to the Liverpool game at 3-0 Manchester United but have changed the channel back when the pundit said Utd had surrendered a 3-0 lead. A great way to lose viewers 🤣

Didn't watch the game, but those are 50/50 at best for me. Don't understand the outrage at them not being given. 

Referring to the two involving Ashley Young, didn't see the third one people are on about. 

Edited by Jives Miguel

7 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Didn't watch the game, but those are 50/50 at best for me. Don't understand the outrage at them not being given. 

Referring to the two involving Ashley Young, didn't see the third one people are on about. 

Honestly? The handball and the 3rd (Young’s tackle) are about as close to stonewall as they come.

What is natural about that hand position? Especially when you see the one given against Wan Bissaka in the Cup just now, his arm was much closer to his side. They said on Sky that was the basis it wasn’t given, because the hand was in a natural position. Mad

IMG_2136.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

All three involved Ashley Young.

Thats not even good trolling though. Must try harder.

I get really pissed off at the amount of handball penalties given due to the shambolic rulings that refs are being asked to work by, under current circumstances it should be a pen

.  If they had sorted the rules out I still think we should probably be punishing young for having his arms so far out.  Probably with an indirect free kick tho instead of a pen.

The first being no foul I agree with, contact is minimal and we shouldn’t be rewarding players for throwing themselves down after that.

The third, maybe there’s a angle I haven’t seen but everyone I watched I thought stonewaller

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Even in England that handball is given 90% of the time.

That kind of negates your argument tbh. If it was a handball that gets given 100% of the time then maybe, but if it's only a 90% chance then a VAR isn't going to overturn surely? I guess there's maybe an argument that he should have been told to go to the screen to make sure mind you.

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I get really pissed off at the amount of handball penalties given due to the shambolic rulings that refs are being asked to work by, under current circumstances it should be a pen

.  If they had sorted the rules out I still think we should probably be punishing young for having his arms so far out.  Probably with an indirect free kick tho instead of a pen.

The first being no foul I agree with, contact is minimal and we shouldn’t be rewarding players for throwing themselves down after that.

The third, maybe there’s a angle I haven’t seen but everyone I watched I thought stonewaller

Yeah I'm not having the first one as a foul, he just collapses in a heap, the contact isn't enough to be a foul. Even if someone thinks it is, there's no way it meets the 'clear and obvious' threshold to be overturned so I don't blame the ref or VAR for that one.

Like you I think some of the handballs that are getting given now are absurd, but that today is a penalty. Very similar to the Wan-Bissaka one which was given. That said, there seems to be so much inconsistency regarding what gets given for handball that I'd not be too critical of that if it was in isolation.

But the third is just a horrific decision and one of those ones you genuinely can't find any excuse for. I know VAR is still individuals making decisions and they make errors, but if VAR as a system cannot correct errors like that then there is something majorly wrong with it. There are enough people involved in it to be getting that right.

53 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Yeah I'm not having the first one as a foul, he just collapses in a heap, the contact isn't enough to be a foul. Even if someone thinks it is, there's no way it meets the 'clear and obvious' threshold to be overturned so I don't blame the ref or VAR for that one.

Like you I think some of the handballs that are getting given now are absurd, but that today is a penalty. Very similar to the Wan-Bissaka one which was given. That said, there seems to be so much inconsistency regarding what gets given for handball that I'd not be too critical of that if it was in isolation.

But the third is just a horrific decision and one of those ones you genuinely can't find any excuse for. I know VAR is still individuals making decisions and they make errors, but if VAR as a system cannot correct errors like that then there is something majorly wrong with it. There are enough people involved in it to be getting that right.

I think that's a fair enough assessment. There's so little integrity in the game it's hard to really know what's what anymore. If it were a Scotland game I'd feel hard done by not to get one penalty in the game and leave it at that. I'm not into the subsequent twitter statement/crap/politics, but unfortunately that's also a big part of football now.

On 21/04/2024 at 21:56, Diamonds are Forever said:

I think the first one's a foul. There's a pretty clear kick to the ankle of Reyna. Twelve months ago VAR is giving that every game. I accept however they've throttled back on the overturns for incidental contact and it's a legitimate opinion to say there's not enough in it to overturn as 'clear and obvious error'.

The handball's one of the more blatant ones. His hand's well out from his body and it's a trailing hand. He also appears to lean towards the ball at the last moment. That VAR apparently called it a natural position is fairly incredible to me.

There are absolutely no excuses for the third. There's an argument it's also a red card though I imagine they'd claim he's making an effort to play the ball and ends up near enough to doing so to avoid that. But he doesn't play the ball and clearly takes Hudson-Odoi down. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, and I think the Forest statement was utterly embarrassing and amateur. However, I cannot understand what Stuart Attwell thinks he saw in that one. It just IS a penalty. There's not even an argument to the contrary. I assume he will be sat down this weekend because that's fundamentally dreadful refereeing. It's not corrupt, it's just rubbish.